Just looking for a little beginner's advice.

Insurity

I've decided to begin my Tulpa journey just two days ago, but am not 100% sure how exactly to go about doing it, or how to know when I have received results which show I am ready to progress.

Right now my method is to spend 1-2 hours per day in a 'meditatory' state, speaking directly to my Tulpa and introducing its traits and personality. This is mainly based on various guides I have read.

My problem is that I am not sure if this is a good starting point, or how to know when exactly to move on to the next step, or what exactly that next step is.

I'm only a couple of days in, but I already feel a sort of presence when talking to my Tulpa; as if someone is listening to what I am saying, but not able to quite respond.

I understand that tenacity is the key to this all, but some advice on how I can begin forming my Tulpa correctly would be much appreciated.

Everyone has a different journey in creating a Tulpa, no two are exactly alike. Everyone starts off differently, some choosing to begin with introducing traits to their Tulpa, forming the way they are, how they interact with others, their mannerisms, and how they would react in various situations. Many do not form a personality at all, their starting point is simply narration, allowing their Tulpa to shape itself once it gains sentience and independence. These people often allow their Tulpa to choose its own form as well, others prefer to shape their Tulpa the way they desire. Its really a matter of preference, no one can truly say whether either way is better than the other, its just up to the individual. If you choose to force personality, be aware that deviation most likely will occur, your Tulpa may change parts of its personality or the way it looks, and it should be allowed to do so.

When you move on to the next step is when you feel comfortable that you've done everything you needed to do in the previous step, what you decide 'needs' to be done is up to you. Whether it takes days, weeks, or months to finish a step, you'll know its done when you (or your Tulpa) feels confident that they've done everything you desired to do in that step. The next step is whatever need be, and there may be times when your only step is narration and helping your Tulpa gain its sentience. The 'next step' after personality may be visualization, or work on your wonderland. If you're both ready for it, it may also be imposition, possession, or whatever else you desire to do with your Tulpa.

Many people feel a presence straight away, and many believe that believing your Tulpa is sentient from the start can speed up the process. Some also think that a Tulpa is able to speak fairly early, and it is the host that cannot hear them. There is no 'correct' way to form a Tulpa, just due what suits you. Take parts out of guides that you like and create your own Tulpaforcing method even. I'd also recommend keeping a progress report to log your progress and document the growth of your Tulpa.

Best of luck.

• Get used to things that may seem patchy, inconsistent, and such. It gets better with practice, just like when the more you develop a cognitive skill, the easier it may become over time (competence)
  • Aim for a consistent schedule if you can, if life overwhelms you, allow some flexibility. You can get back into the game when your priorities are straightened out. Your tulpa isn’t going to just magically become dissipated just because the circumstances messed the flow a bit
  • Take opinions from guides very loosely, especially any that may imply morality and ethics in relation to tulpas; it’s a circumstantial and subjective matter, and even if underlying concepts are developed, don’t constrain yourself just to those rudiments
  • Even though it would be pragmatic to reduce the amount of mistakes in this, mistakes are inevitable at some point. But take note that those mistakes are part of the progressive learning curve

• If you’re having problems with finding “indicators” of sentience and what have you, learn to be resourceful with what you can do (e.g. head pressure exercises found here for instance)
  • Sometimes, there are moments where doing a repetitive task like a madman for a few days before being self-critical of your progress can help a lot.
  • Nearly all personal developments (e.g. meditation, trance, mantras, etc.) can be correlated with tulpa-related activities if you’re creative enough, so don’t limit yourself to just what is mentioned in guide submissions

• If you’re fixating time and effort on one tulpa, and find yourself feeling as if another tulpa comes along, you’re going to have to make the decision on whether or not you want to apply as much acknowledgement of them as you can. If creating two is overwhelming, don’t let your conscience put you in guilt trips. Put things into perspective, and imagine creating a tulpa, and them eventually realizing that you were exhausted just because you wanted to override a common insecurity people may have with sustaining existence of a soon-to-be tulpa; they may feel more bad of what you had to do, and may feel it would’ve been better if you had a clear mind, and reduced levels of stress and worrying

• If you’re wondering if you want to tell someone in real life that you have a tulpa, please heavily reflect on this. People may not always react the same in contingency plans you set up. Things like ostracism, discrimination, and such can definitely affect your lifestyle. You don’t necessarily have to declare to anyone that you have a tulpa in real life like a badge of honor, use common sense when making judgments into this

• If you don’t know where the hell to go, never underestimate the simple act of imagining yourself in 5 to 10 years from now with a tulpa you want to interact with. Whether it’s imagining what their voice will be, how fluent they may be, how you will become more proficient, and anything you want to accomplish can go a long way

• If you’re having concerns on relationships with your tulpa, don’t underestimate doing a comparative analysis of how you would treat anyone in your daily lifestyle. Whether it’s a basic friendship, or even sexual, use common sense and know how individuals would go about assessing those situations

• Seeing other people’s progress can be a good motivational factor, but don’t allow it to undermine your current progress. How people gauge their breakthroughs is subjective, it’s not a race that you have to beat someone in, so don’t compare yourself to others in this circumstance

• If you ever end up giving up, and then coming back after a few months, or even a few years, and you want to know what to do (e.g. pick up where you left off, or start anew), you’re going to have to make that decision and fulfill it

• You’re not expected to know everything, or know how to handle everything, but don’t let it intimidate you, it’s just part of learning.
  • If you’re ever depressed, in doubt, etc., and you have memories of experiencing some breakthroughs with your tulpa, never be afraid to try and reconcile with those moments for further inspiration

• If you’re worried about parroting or puppeting, try to see the methods as transient modes of progress. It’s not necessarily going to be internalized in your mind that your tulpa is subject to all of your conscious willpower, but take this loosely (this is only based from generalities from anecdotal cases of others)

• Whatever kind of crisis your tulpa may go through (e.g. identity, existential), try to find a way to first divert from potentially stressing yourself out, create alternatives, collect information from others, and find a way to make your own assessments to handle things with your tulpa

• If you’re worried about form, just take into consideration of deviation, and you’ll be fine. It’s not something you have to emphasize militantly to yourself. Form isn’t always equivalent to wanting a carbon-copy of your tulpa, they will be able to formulate their own self-schema over time. And don’t be afraid if they change, just let things happen, and discuss with them of any concerns you have

• If anything, try to discuss things with your tulpa first, since if you have problems, or they have problems, it all comes down to how both of you make compromises, and learning to share insight as well

• When going through researching the myriad of symbolism, and other applications from submissions, and even threads, find the underlying concept(s) and see what is the end result the methods are trying to help you accomplish

• There isn't really a procedural creation process you have to abide yourself into. If you feel vocality is something to work on first so you have some kind of indication of communication, by all means, do so

• If you ever want to possess/switch, start in a safe environment, and get used to the probability that you'll have to embrace gradual increments of improvement so that both of you can have competence to do more complex movements, and shifts in awareness.

There is no "correct" way to create your tulpa. I'd rather like to think of it as a circular room, not a path. You can begin with anything and end with anything, hey you can even do two things at once, like visualisation and personality.

Just spend time with her/him, that's what matters. ;)

The best advice I can give you is not to doubt yourself our your Tulpa. That you are already feeling it there is wonderful. Go with what feels right. Read and research as much as possible. Never stop learning more. Take only what you want. Have fun.

And love. Love is the most important thing. You have to love them, they are a part of you and they need you to love them.

Sebastian Moran

Form: Human

Literal Birthday: March 1st, 2014

Working On: Vocality

There is no "correct" way to create your tulpa. I'd rather like to think of it as a circular room, not a path. You can begin with anything and end with anything, hey you can even do two things at once, like visualisation and personality.

Just spend time with her/him, that's what matters. ;)

I have to say, that's an excellent way of looking at it. Yeah, unless you're the type to be plagued with irrational fears and worries, there's nothing to fret about when making a tulpa, just go at your own pace and do whatever you like with them.

From what I've found, what's important is that you make it a daily routine to at least acknowledge their presence, say "good morning" to them and "good night" at the beginning and end of the day, and try to reinforce that notion that there's somebody else there and they're hearing what you say to them.

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill