[Game] DnD style Roleplay

Wrath

Would you like the game to be set in an MLP themed universe or other  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the game to be set in an MLP themed universe or other

• Yes, I'd like to play in an MLP themed universe with ponies and whatnot.
    • No, I'd like to incorporate other elements or leave out MLP altogether.
    • I don't want to RP
    • I'd like to RP, just not with you wrath.

Evening gents

I'd like to start an RP session basically, preferably over skype as I have a dice rolling program we can all use to kill each other. Sessions will be quite flexible time wise, but require anyone playing to be on at a certain time.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179

I'm British but here's the time in New York city, we can use this to synchronize. I'm available most days between 15:00 and 21:00 but I can stay up until midnight if need be (note: 9PM NYC time is 1 am for me).

Now that that's out of the way here is an MLP RP system I made quite a while ago based (hopefully) around realism rather than play-ability that mixes colorful pastel horses with obscene and gory violence (much edge):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10-j2b4726i_2hVkzzT50PRM5xHEWgE7AuTAUM8aB8Rk/edit

(However if you don't fuck horses / aren't a faggot, fear not for it's pretty open ended, just write your own race and spells ect.)

I like it, you get maimed and things get quite brutal, that being said this system is obviously far from perfect (you can't even level up), so we're completely open to other RP systems if you suggest them and they have a handy tutorial which can be accessed from the internet. It'll be a group vote thing assuming anyone is actually interested.

As far as the story goes, that depends entirely on who wants to play what. We could have a standard game set within the universe of MLP or more likely a pretty outlandishly open ended game incorporating dimensional time shifts into the story or some such plot device that would allow any kind of character to enter a bizarre world. We'll hash it out later depending on what the poll says, it's a highly incompetent and unconventional way of going about things I know, usually one would bring a preplanned scenario with world-building to the table rather than asking others to do it for them. eh

GMing:

As far as GMing goes, keep in mind that I've never GM'd a game before (you don't say that in forum posts you fool) and as such I'll inevitably fail due to a mix of incompetence and complete lack of creativity. So here's the deal, I'll come up with some sort of scenario/general direction the game is heading and the RP group (assuming anyone wants to play) will vote to green-light it or not (a very general direction such as there's a town to the west and a forest to the east type shizz, I prefer RP's to be open ended and dynamic).

Alternatively if someone has actual experience running a campaign I'll gladly hand the reigns over to you so the entire experience doesn't suck.

Worst RP proposition ever.

Here's my Skype:

Wrath...AHopelessEndeavor

Just post your name and I'll add it below just because. Otherwise PM me if you don't want to give out your details to weirdos on the internet.

Current Participants:

~ Wrath...AHopelessEndeavor

DND? Did somebody say DND?!?!?! *takes out miniatures* Ill be a human Fighter

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

This entire thing is doomed to fail lol, anyway on the off chance you aren't sarcastic please keep the magic at skyrim level, fireballs, ice shards, stremes of fire and all that jazz. Nothing too OP. If you want to wield guns just keep it within reason, because guns of any kind are ridiculously overpowered in a realistic RP, the bullets will bounce around inside steel plate turning anything inside into pulverized, partly cooked mice meat. So basically no automatics, and also you will only have what ammo you bring initially.

Character creation sheet:

Name:

Species:

Bio: a description of the character physically? a rougue with blond hair?

Backstory (optional): who the character is, detail their personality, then add a backstory explaining who they are and what they've done.

Current wounds and effects:

This is pretty much a part of the description anyway.

example: Character has a broken nose, temporary disorientation has worn off (no penalty, but looks can be revealing)

Example 2: Character has had his arm recently amputated (+3 to all stats due to fatigue), he /she is unable to use two handed weapons unless augmented or some shit, which might not be possible in the current game world, so sorry. forever unbalanced (+2 agility after fatigue wears off).

Stats:

Magika:

vitality: for example 12

Strength:

Accuracy: For example (8+4) + 2 (one eye was gouged out, numbers outside brackets will be added to the end roll results). Just keep updating your current stats.

Interlect:

Agility:

charisma:

RADICALS:

Abilities and spells: Including those race specific.

Inventory: A rope, half eaten cupcake, dead snake ect.

Equipment: Leather armour, hoof mounted crossbow, a can of peper spray

Fate points: 3

>Asking people to create a character before telling them what kind of world they're playing in

Lets just say it's vaguely 18th century yet open for discussion. I dunno, any suggestions guize?

Alright so, How about this (again up for discussion, I'll change/remove anything, it could probably do with some simplifying to make it less lame):

The party finds themselves as quantum castaways in a mysterious land where time and space is heavily fractured and other universes bleed into the planet creating a strange mismatch of cultures and creatures. prehistoric organisms and dinosaurs roam alongside mythical animals spoken of only in tall tails. Nearby a savage mix of hideously alien predatory races make a citadel maintained by a slave trade inside a decrepit starship as ancient as it is colossal, it's form towering above the clouds yet a good portion of it crashed downwards into the crust, the leviathan structure dominates the landscape for hundreds of miles around and is used to tell the direction. Those that have survived this place for long enough have taken to calling it the Sentinel, it's not just a city, it's its own biome, as the majority of it's slowly decaying superstructure is entirely uninhabited, with a few flying creatures making their homes up top and a thriving slave market down below. (nobody know how such a massive structure even holds it'self together, but must chalk it up to magic).

High in the sky one can see multiple moons, some visible during the day, hovering in the heavens. Eclipses are a weekly occurrence.

The Sentinel is surrounded by a vast indentation from where it once impacted, the miles of flat land have become a wet and humid marsh filled with farming settlements growing what they can, mostly mushrooms and swamp flora, most of the plants and a lot of the animals in this place become bio-luminescent at night (think avatar), but in this place there's no real telling what you'll find stalking about, the trees grow tall and thick, often being used as settlements along side giant fungus and mushroom growths that double as light sources.

In the immediate facility of the crashed ship however the land is barren, the surrounding trees having been cut down and burned, the area surrounding the ship gives off a constant, red glow from the fires it's vicious inhabitants use to illuminate their palace. Looking rather like a shanty town and filled with roars and grunts this place is inhabited by a throng of intelligent predators and serves as a religious center where they conduct ritual sacrifice (there will be a quest involving going into the ship to rescue a maiden or something). Chief of the ruling species of this place are the goliath

Say_Hello_to_Evolve_s_Goliath_149155561_thumbnail.jpg

(ripped from the game yea I know, but in this context they're intelligent and have their own hierarchy, click here for a larger image)

These 7-8ft tall xenomorphs are vicious, naturally cruel and completely sociopathic, these monsters rule over the lesser classes of their little society and make up the smallest part of the populations demographic.

Next up are the krill (name definitely up for discussion)

War+of+the+Worlds+Alien+Creature+Kit+Pegasus+Box+MMw.jpg

(Think this but beefed up and muscular, with thorns on the head crest plus slit eyes and larger jaws)

Another alien species to have taken residence at the base of the Sentinel, these aliens stand 4ft tall while quadrupedal and make up a large portion of the populace demographic at the base (which consists of a mere 7 thousand individuals, not counting slaves). In a society where might makes right, these guys tend to get the menial labor.

Finally are the locust, ripped directly from where you think they came from. These guys take part in the savage religious sermons and dictate labor ect. They don't have the equipment or Armour they have in gears of war, instead making do with heavy steel and leather.

There are a plethora of other species containing teeth and claws skulking around such as lizard men and whatnot, but they make up a much, much smaller demographic. Slave species consist of anything much smaller, weaker or deadly then their masters, including weaker humanoids, which often find themselves on the dining room table.

Out in the swamps you have tribes of earth ponies and unicorns (couldn't damn resist slapping ponies in here), solitary wizards of all kinds and various civilized humanoids, humans and other gentler beings which tend to group up and create settlements hidden in the murk, some new from the rift but most simply born here from previous generations. They often find themselves victims of raids and conflict, and species that look alike tend to congregate together and stick to themselves.

(Note: Ponies vary from 3-3.5ft tall, an so suffer from a X2 or more stat multiplier with strength and endurance when facing other races.

For reference the average human towers 5-6ft above them, making them essentially sparse groups of weird midget horse tribes.)

So there you go, you can make whatever crazy, outlandish character you want, it will fit within the world. Play as your Skyrim character, world of warcraft, something original, whatever. Plus I get to indulge my horse faggotry.

P.s The details of the quantum cast away idea are entirely up for discussion, because the details are pretty lame/autistic and not creative in the slightest (in that I ripped off all these other premises)

Magic

Magic is a thing here, just please don't go overboard (by that I mean no infinite mana pools, no god killing attacks and nothing that will cause disproportionately hilarious destruction) . Post your spells too if you feel like it. (if indeed anyone even wants to play at all)

Okay! I am the Human warrior Brassow! I came from my home bearing only an antique Katana that I had with me. I look around at my surroundings.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

• 2 months later...

Alright, I'll be Fespera, the Lilliput Gestalt. She's about one-twelfth of a normal human's height, so she's about 7 inches tall. Gestalts run two classes, her case being Mage and Thief, considering she's so small. She's tiny and pudgy with caramel skin and a thimbleful of wavy, cloudlike mahogany hair, dressed in cute little wraps of silk and with a needle for a wand and a knife.

Current wounds and effects:

She's tiny, so minus just about every point from speed on foot. People can toss her and give her plenty of speed, and she can climb, burn, and stab just about anything.

Stats:

Magika: 19. She trained a lot, and that tiny body holds big magic.

vitality: 9. Still tiny.

Strength: 4. Still tiny.

Accuracy: 20. She climbs stuff and picks apart weaknesses.

Intellect: 16.

Agility: 16.

Charisma: 2.

RADICALS:

Abilities and spells: Lilliputians, in my eyes at least, are little dolls that have gears and oil inside.

Blood related- She can spit out or cut herself to spray a terribly hot bit of blood that can blind, but she'll need to rest afterwards.

Fire magic- She's pretty proficient with it, and her size just makes her a better conduit to concentrate the power. However, her size shortens the range to about 5 feet. If you want her magic, she has to be in the fray.

Blinking- She can ignite the silk a bit to light up, and then sprint with magic pumping her Thief speed to snuff the flame until she stops and the wind doesn't blow it out anymore. If done when she's not injured, it looks like a firefly blinking in and out of existence.

Thiefliness- She can climb around on anything she's tossed to, but it will take her a second or two to get to somewhere she can poke and burn. She can see inside locks to pick them easier, but holding the key is tough by herself. She's also terrified of heights, making it to where she won't get off something high unless someone picks her up.

Inventory: Silk wraps, needle, an old piece of crystal

Equipment: Silk wraps stitched together, leaves stitched into shoes, Grand Needle Gungnir

Fate points: 7

She sits on Brassow's shoulder, looking in the other direction for enemies.

Actually... If I recall only the king was 7 inches and everyone else was 6... But whatever.

Wraith! Give us stuff to do!