Imaginary Friend or Tulpa?

I "met" Eli in my freshman year of highschool. Where I would just pretend someone was next to me and talk to him. But one day I was having trouble solving a math problem, and he solved it. I'm not sure if he's an imaginary friend developing into tulpa?

I've been trying to force him, but I'm not sure what I'm doing right or wrong. Do I just close my eyes and visualize him or something? I looked at the FAQ but nothing there helped me, nor did the forcing threads.

I've already visualized Eli, he has red eyes, they change into blue often, light greyish skin. But I can't see him. I can hear him but I'm not sure if it's really him or just me talking to myself.

Tulpa's name: Eli

Height: 6'2"

Form: Humanoid

Sentience: Unknown.

I've been trying to force him, but I'm not sure what I'm doing right or wrong. Do I just close my eyes and visualize him or something? I looked at the FAQ but nothing there helped me, nor did the forcing threads.

But I can't see him. I can hear him but I'm not sure if it's really him or just me talking to myself.

Yep. Just close your eyes and visualize. Or you can do it open-eyed, in wonderland or irl. So, to put it blatantly, use your imagination.

You're not supposed to be able to see him, that's known as imposition, which is arguably the most difficult part of the tulpa creation process, but not necessary (Imposition is optional). And you fear that it's not actually your tulpa speaking, but only you. The act of consciously speaking through your tulpa with your thoughts, is called parroting. The general consensus around here is that if you're not 100% sure it was you parroting, then it's your tulpa speaking. Look at some guides on vocality, and anti-parroting methods.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-vocality-how-to-talk-to-your-tulpa-in-less-time?highlight=parroting

I guess people have their opinions on labeling their tulpas as imaginary companions, though it feels you probably use "imaginary friends" as a concept lower compared to tulpas. I'd say they're on their way of being a tulpa if you're willing to go through personal development with creation, and such.

Yep. Just close your eyes and visualize. Or you can do it open-eyed, in wonderland or irl. So, to put it blatantly, use your imagination.

You're not supposed to be able to see him, that's known as imposition, which is arguably the most difficult part of the tulpa creation process, but not necessary (Imposition is optional). And you fear that it's not actually your tulpa speaking, but only you. The act of consciously speaking through your tulpa with your thoughts, is called parroting. The general consensus around here is that if you're not 100% sure it was you parroting, then it's your tulpa speaking. Look at some guides on vocality, and anti-parroting methods.

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-vocality-how-to-talk-to-your-tulpa-in-less-time?highlight=parroting

Thank you so much for the answer!!! It's exactly what I was looking for! x3. Thank you!

I'll look at that link now!

I guess people have their opinions on labeling their tulpas as imaginary companions, though it feels you probably use "imaginary friends" as a concept lower compared to tulpas. I'd say they're on their way of being a tulpa if you're willing to go through personal development with creation, and such.

Yep! Pretty much. Obviously Tulpas are a life time commitment but it's not often that you'd hear your own imaginary friend speak back!

Tulpa's name: Eli

Height: 6'2"

Form: Humanoid

Sentience: Unknown.

Guest Anonymous

The anti-parroting methods are pretty useless in my opinion. Hosts will parrot, there's nothing you can do about that. I'm pretty sure that many tulpas simply don't mind when their hosts parrot (since, at least in my case, it's never anything worth mentioning, and when it is, I mention it). The worries about it are generally worse than when it happens, so just don't worry about it.

All you need to do is visualize him and talk to him. That's literally everything you need to do to force. Most methods are either overly long and detailed explanations of how to do this, but it's really best to find the way that works best for you. The only thing I'd recommend a guide for is imposition, since that's kind of tricky. Just spend time with your tulpa and you'll be fine.

• 2 months later...
Guest amber5885

That's almost exactly what happend with Toby and I. I don't know why but I feel like I had an easier time taking him from non sentient to sentient because of a previously established relationship. It might happen the same way for you.

Toby says that all it took for him to become vocal was my permission.

Spend time with yours, let him know you want him to be happy and talk to him. He should be vocal in no time :)