Report on Tulpamancing Advice from the Survey for fluently speaking tulpa

Because the survey itself and its answers could be used as resources for tuppermancing. This is just a thread collecting the answers to certain questions from this resource, to make it easier for people to find it.

Sure, they're tips. It could go in tips just as easily and I wouldn't complain one bit, but I do see the original survey being a resource of sorts and I guess that's why I see the collection of answers as a resource as well.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I went ahead and put this in Tips because Resources -> ???. If someone is opposed to this then they can do me the courtesy of explaining how this submission is not a list of tips in some way.

• 4 months later...

A few comments about parroting

Do not think you are parroting.

You are not parroting unless you do it on purpose!

If you do, doubt and parroting are not deal breakers.

Even more, if you’re parroting there’s a really good chance it’s your tulpa – especially if the words are coming out before you’re done with the sentence.

he always thought i was answering myself

If a tulpa responds or reassures you, does that mean he's sentient yet? Or can he give responses and not yet be sentient?

Chance, an anthro husky, wolf or fox.

Birthdate September 20, 2014.

Sentient October 1, 2014.

Well, it looks like I was doing almost everything right in the creation process. Though if I might add something, it helps to remind your tulpa a lot that you share a body, it gives a good sense of purpose and realism to both of you. And to answer Furry's question, if your tulpa is giving you responses, they are definatley sentient.

• 2 months later...

"You are not parroting unless you do it on purpose!"

Hmm.. sometimes when I am manufacturing a response I didn't deliberately orchestrate that exact response, but I know I am puppeting. This happens from the get-go. It's sort of similar to how you get annoying visual glitches. Sometimes these visuals are your tulpa saying certain things or doing certain things. Mine was on repeat an hour ago for a second there. It wasn't exactly me, but it wasn't my tulpa.

My lip hurts.

Parroting can be a pretty tricky subject. I don't think that saying there is no unintentional parroting might not exactly be true and intrusive thoughts can always happen, which probably wouldn't be classified as puppeting or parroting. Your average Joe might not do unintentional parroting as effortlessly and easily, which is why telling them that they're probably not doing it can be useful, as that very well might be the truth. Of course, we don't know if tuppers actually are nothing more than automatic parrots - but hey, at that point they're doing everything any other person is doing well enough for us to not see a difference, so maybe there isn't a difference and that's what sapience is.

But I know some people have actually done unintentional parroting in a way that has annoyed the tupper as well, so it hasn't really been a good thing for them. In your case, the repeats sound more like just weird intrusive thoughts you might be able to stop by chilling and calming your mind. You might just be describing it in a way that sounds like it and it's actually the case of unintentional parroting. If your tupper's vocal and you believe their words, you can always ask them. Parroting would of course be you making them say things against their will. If it's just a voice or a copy that looks and sounds like the tupper but actually isn't, that to me is more like an intrusive thought.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Apollo Fire
      The purpose of this essay is to warn new tulpamancers of the many possible consequences of allowing their system to grow beyond a manageable amount of members, we well as emphasize the positives of keeping their system small, with about 1-2 tulpas being the best possible range.

This essay is not meant to imply that systems that are currently large should not exist. It is only meant to dissuade newer hosts/systems from getting large themselves, or else they risk experiencing neglect and a variety of other troubling issues that take away from the quality of life for the system.

Additionally, the end of the essay has a list of points that a host should consider before adding new tulpas to their system.

Here is the link.
      Tulpa Systems Why Less is More.pdf

(Submitted for Articles)
    • By Cjero
      Disclaimer
      Tulpamancy is a heavily subjective phenomenon where there are no set right and wrong so the written content may not be useful or applicable for you. There are usually exceptions to many things and when reading a blanket statement it is likely to keep the text short and sweet. If any claims are made it is likely based off of personal experiences and interactions of others. Please enjoy your read!

The Child Philosophy
      Written by Cjero with the help of Linkzelda and Sock (thank you very much!)

Foreword
      This philosophy comes down to to understand that a tulpa is much like a child in the regard of development and that patience is required and for the most part will focus on neurology as its basis. It is also more focused on changing the mindset of the host to aid the development of their tulpa rather than outright treating them like a child (though there are elements of the latter). In addition this philosophy is focused on young tulpas and new hosts that are not sure on how to progress (although not strictly for). It will also help

The Philosophy (in general)
      A tulpa is initially much like a baby or child in regards of development that how you interact with them will reflect on their growth as an individual. A human child takes years to develop speech and become ‘vocal’ through ceaseless narration; a tulpa much less because they can utilize your experiences. It takes a while for us to grow the strength and muscle memory to properly maneuver our body; a tulpa needs time to connect with the body to ‘possess’. Be patient. As patient as whoever raised you was by feeding you and cleaning your diapers.

When raising a tulpa you should be considerate of how you interact with them, for example if a tulpa is exposed to too much violence they may grow jaded or even consider it normal in the future. If they are babied and never told no they might grow spoiled. Neglect them and they might grow distant or asocial. When you create a tulpa with a preset personality they can still greatly deviate depending on your interactions with them since the human brain keeps developing until your late 30’s so it is important to treat them properly; it’s a tightrope.

The only shortcut to developing your child/tulpa faster is to interact more and consistently. In other words force them*. What many tulpamancers seem to do is usually sit behind their computers doing little with their young tulpas; show them the world! Having them learn from memories is the same as comparing sightseeing when actually present to simply viewing an image so take the liberty to allow your tulpa to explore the outside world because what may seem redundant to you might be exhilarating for them.

*but really forcing just means interacting

The Environment & First Times
      It is important to be aware that the environment of your tulpa is the mind, even when imposed in the physical world. Your tulpa does not have a physical body that will process sensations for you so initially you will have to do it for them (referred to as sensory-imposition or simply imposition). A quick example: circle your index finger on your palm a couple of times then stop the act, then use the memory to simulate the sensation and keep it going. This will allow for more way to interact and potentially (relatively) better methods for developing your tulpa.
      The reason it is important to be aware of your environment (aside that being aware of your environment is always beneficial for a multitude of reasons) is because the environment your tulpa is raised in is crucial. They might not potentially have bad classmates as they grow up or study however they might have to deal with negative thoughts which will reflect on their growth! If you are depressed and insist on making a tulpa it is heavily incentivized to keep your mind positive with happy thoughts. You might sometime have a slip of thought that could shock your tulpa. For example a completely impulsive and irregular thought of hurting an acquaintance so it is important to keep your environment stable and clean. Although this is where it gets tricky due to having to properly balance it out! If you do not expose your tulpa to any negativity or the ‘big bad adult world’ they might be unable to handle it in the future. Similar to how a child needs to be vaccinated, they need to be exposed to a milder version at first.

To keep improving this guide I would like to hear more feedback (PM's preferable) or things to expand on. It's not finished, though I want to add what I have for now.
    • By Cjero
      Disclaimer
      Tulpamancy is a heavily subjective phenomenon where there are no set right and wrong so the written content may not be useful or applicable for you. There are usually exceptions to many things and when reading a blanket statement it is likely to keep the text short and sweet. If any claims are made it is likely based off of personal experiences and interactions of others. Please enjoy your read!

Separation
      Written by Cjero

Theory
      Many tulpamancers struggle with distinguishing their tulpas' thoughts with their own leading to confusion and loss of motivation in. This exercise is aimed to help increase the marginal gap between the host and tulpa. This will be done by simultaneously exercising conflicting emotions, ideals, opinions and the likes.
      At first glance this may seem similar to puppeting*. However the clear distinction is that you have your tulpa do their part. This exercise can be done with younger tulpas as well since all that is required is for them to understand and comply.

*puppeting is also an option, it'll be similar to personality forcing

Examples
      - You and your tulpa project opposite emotions aimed at a certain individual or character. One could for example love Superman while the other could hate them. One intensifying their like and the other dislike for this character simultaneously.
      - Focus on an orb within the mind and keep pouring opposing emotions within it as a meditation exercise.

Conclusion
      The exercise comes down to forcing conflicting thoughts and emotions to split the two minds from each other more and more over the course of time. As a result it should be easier to distinguish your thoughts from your tulpa by getting used to the sensation and telling the brain that you two are not the same.
    • By Cinemaphobe
      When one creates a tulpa and a wonderland, they occasionally find themselves forgetting important but small details. The bigger the wonderland, the easier it is to overlook, or completely forget about a location or experience within it. The longer you have been tulpaforcing, the easier it is to forget about an important event in your tulpa's development. The more techniques you have tried, the easier it is to forget which one was the most effective for you.
      Sure you can just re-read your PR if you want to recount your experiences, but if you have been using your PR for a long time, then you'll have to sort through hundreds of your own posts (and sometimes the posts of others) to recall important events.
      I have found that to be an inconvenient method to recall experiences, so I got into the habit of documenting important events of my tulpa journey in a notebook/journal/diary (Whatever you want to call it). You can also do this virtually as well, but I personally prefer good ole' paper because paper doesn't require electricity.

The tulpa journal is used to document all things pertaining to your tulpa, your tulpaforcing methods, and your wonderland. The purpose of having this journal is to supplement your PR, but it can also be used exclusively if you wish to do so. This is more of a better and/or different way to organize a PR. Below, is a list of all things you'd possibly want to remember, and you can include these things as chapters in your tulpa journal:

Things to write down for quick and convenient recollection.

1. Information about your tulpa: Their name, personality traits (optional), appearance, what they like to do, basically anything about who they are. This is probably going to be the shortest part of the journal.

2. Information about your wonderland: Write down all locations, and all characteristics of the locations as well as what they are used for. Writing down the locations lets you expand your wonderland without forgetting about other locations over time. You can also document strictly wonderland-related anecdotes here.

3. Create separate chapters including but not limited to: Visualization, Imposition, Narration, Forcing, Possession, Switching, and Focus & Concentration. If you use paper, then make sure that each chapter has an adequate amount of blank pages for long-term usage. Of course not everyone is interested in all of the subjects mentioned, so you are more than free to exclude or include whatever. Within these chapters, you'll list what techniques benefit you for the purpose of remembering to practice them in the future, and you'll write down events relevant to the aforementioned categories. Be sure to keep the events short and sweet.

4. Within this chapter, you'll be documenting interactions with your tulpa, so you can call it whatever you want. If you are new to the tulpa phenomenon, then write down every sign your tulpa has given you that it exists. If you have a more developed tulpa, then write down quotes of what your tulpa has said, and/or any experiences/interactions you want to remember with your tulpa. Feel free to write down anything as long as it is relevant to what your tulpa has done or said to you.

5. If you still have plenty of room, then the rest of the journal can be used for anything! Artwork of your tulpa or wonderland, conversations between you and your tulpa, the results of experiments or studies, anything! Be creative for this one! Hell, you can even use the rest of it as a dream journal. The possibilities are endless.

Now I have to address some thoughts that are possibly running through your mind:

What is the point in starting a tulpa journal?

Organization, and recollection.

What happens if someone who doesn't know about the tulpa phenomenon or looks upon the tulpa phenomenon negatively finds my tulpa journal?

Well keeping secrets isn't a good thing, but the tulpa phenomenon is something that some people wouldn't exactly want to make public, unless perhaps you are a Tibetan monk. If you live with others and you need to keep your journal a secret, then make it virtual. Microsoft word, iPod notes, online document services, anything as long as it can be protected by a password/passcode. If you don't need to keep it a secret, or you prefer good ole' notebooks then use a notebook like I do.

Final note: I believe that a tulpa journal would benefit those who strive to create tulpas because it gives people the ability to remember more things, and quickly recall them. Not to mention that organization is a useful tool for accomplishing a seemingly impossible task. I also believe that having things documented about your tulpa, and creating the journal itself is an action that makes your friendship with your tulpa more intimate. How, you may ask? Because you are taking the time to make a journal for your beloved tulpa.

~Thank you.

• By Yu[Memphis]
      One thing I noticed was Memphis tends to recede and become inactive when I'm out and about during the day. That's a lot of time I can be narrating and we can be spending together.

A friend mentioned he put a picture of his tulpa as his background on his phone so whenever he checked the time he would think about his tulpa and it would float to the top of his mind. I don't really carry my phone with me, so I came up with an alternative, indiscreet solution:

Tulpabracelets.

The construction is simple:

1. Find/buy an old watch, which suits your taste.

2. Draw some symbol to represent your tulpa.

3. Cut out and laminate the symbol so it will be preserved.

4. Glue the laminated symbol to the watch.

This is the one I made:

https://imgur.com/BdKjIRj

Full sized image -Ranger

It works really well. Memphis stays awake throughout the day when I wear it and we've been able to spend a lot more time together. No one asks about it and it's comfortable.

The only downside is, at least for me, having Memphis active all the time can be exhausting.

Personally I think I'd do better with the phone method because it wouldn't be so tiring because it wouldn't be in my face all the time, but the tulpabracelet method is nice, too.