Bringing Them Back: Progress

Rainbows

I failed entirely. The only person in my headworld now is me. There's honestly not much more I can say.

Are you sure they're not still around? Even doubt can make it feel as if your tulpae aren't there even if they are.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Are you sure they're not still around? Even doubt can make it feel as if your tulpae aren't there even if they are.

I haven't felt anything from them in months, even when I search for them I'm getting nothing.

What happened?

Life just got in the way. I came home from school, got a job, and I'm trying to split my time between everything and it didn't work. I sleep half the day, I'm awake most of the night, my work schedule is erratic and I still have to spend time with my family and I couldn't balance it out. My head's been quiet for so long now it's become normal again.

Well, I'm going to go with fennecgirl on this one. I've heard of tulpas who came back after years dormant. fennecgirl herself can probably tell you about going months without hearing from Link, but he always comes back. If you want to re-establish contact, I believe you can. I don't believe that tulpas die until their hosts do.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

If it was built once it can be built again, but is that really the same thing it was originally? Also it seems apparent that lots of times stasis gets confused for death. Just because a tulpa goes inactive doesnt mean its "dead" but just like if you were to not use a skill for a very long time, the network in the brain that makes up that skill will slowly decay. You will be more likely to completely lose a skill that is not well developed as opposed to one that you spent alot of time developing. The same thing applies to tulpas, one that is well developed will take a very long time being forgotten to decay completely, while something that is underdeveloped will fade quicker. We think its ignorant to say that tulpas do not die until their hosts do, it takes a really autonomous tulpa that is able to support itself entirely to pull that off and even then things can happen to cause it to die. rather then listening to this bleeding heart crap telling you that you must keep trying, we think you should stop and think for youself about whether or not you should continue. A thoughtform is by no means more important then the whole system, and if this is something that you truely want in your life, you will find a way.

"All thoughts are creative."

• 3 weeks later...

I do apologize for the bleeding hearts crap. And you are right saying that I am kind of ignorant. With all the things going on right now I simply don't have the time or energy to focus and give my tulpa attention, so hibernation is the only thing going on at the moment. Thank you to those who've responded and have a nice day. And sorry for the late reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update: I was on vacation wth my family this last week and while we were visiting an Air and Space museum I felt Donovan appear for a couple minutes to follow along and look at the planes with me. He didn't say much other than he thought that they were interesting and that I should pay attention more to the planes than him.

• 4 weeks later...

Small update: These last couple of days I've finally begun pushing myself again. I have more time to put into focusing on Donovan and Oliver, so I've been talking to them and encouraging them to talk back. D's accepting this although he's still a little resentful, but once we start catching up and working together again I think things'll get a little less sour. Oliver's happy to have me back, though he's still keeping his distance. D says he wants to know that I'm committed to this again before he tries to get close.