Reason(s) that your tulpa is a pony/homestuck troll/pokemon/titan/waifu

Argentum

I know that the brony community pushes their love of ponies onto others, but the form my tulpa takes is nobody's business. People are welcome to read my progress reports if they like, but my tulpa becoming a pony does not affect anyone. This silly concern with what form other people's tulpas takes is ridiculous. And how would you know that someone can't use their pony tulpa to help them grow? We're humans, we're perfectly capable of having our cake, and eating it too.

I think more than anything else you should ask yourself this: If you didn't see others with pony tulpas, would you still have a pony-formed tulpa or would the form be different if you didn't have the show to draw inspiration from?

Don't mistaken my questioning as disagreement, only skepticism. This isn't a challenge, just a question of motivation for your choices. You cannot have this many people all having the same BASIC FORM and everyone calling out that they're tulpa "chose their form to be that way", and then go about your merry way through the development process whilst still saying that you're staying spiritually true to the concept.

Where are the superhero tulpa? The Cartoon Network tulpa? The golem, sphinx, and genie tulpa? They're SMOTHERED underneath this hulking mound of vocal bronies. There are exceptions, but they're too few and far between. Surely you can try to see that from the outside looking in this community heavily favors a particular group of people while everyone else becomes a minority

The most terrifying thing about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent. In the vast darkness we must supply our own light.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think more than anything else you should ask yourself this: If you didn't see others with pony tulpas, would you still have a pony-formed tulpa or would the form be different if you didn't have the show to draw inspiration from?

Don't mistaken my questioning as disagreement, only skepticism. This isn't a challenge, just a question of motivation for your choices. You cannot have this many people all having the same BASIC FORM and everyone calling out that they're tulpa "chose their form to be that way", and then go about your merry way through the development process whilst still saying that you're staying spiritually true to the concept.

Where are the superhero tulpa? The Cartoon Network tulpa? The golem, sphinx, and genie tulpa? They're SMOTHERED underneath this hulking mound of vocal bronies. There are exceptions, but they're too few and far between. Surely you can try to see that from the outside looking in this community heavily favors a particular group of people while everyone else becomes a minority

I get what you're saying. But ultimately, the subconscious will decide what the finished form will be. If I didn't watch MLP, I would base her off a Yu-Gi-Oh card like St Joan, Mystical Elf, Celtic Guardian, etc or base her off a Suikoden character, or maybe base her off a goddess, or make her into a Kitsune or Nekomata. Some say it's best to start blank and let the tulpa take it from there, but others say it's best to start with a form, so it's easier to visualize the tulpa. Both are right, the whole process is subjective. If the tulpa doesn't like the form, it'll be harder for the host to imagine it.

If this was the early/mid 90's, everyone would be making Pokemon tulpas. Society tends to follow society's trends.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

lol discord you're not one to talk, "anime" isn't a single show, it's a common art style from an entire country. It's just a cute way to stylize a human.

Again, your concrete thinking has lead you to take my comment a little too personally. I never said your name in my quip. And no amount of your barking will change what I said, which is very true. That this community, and tulpas in general, are overrun with people who don't care about anything but having an imaginary friend.

I never said anything against what form a tulpa takes. I'm just saying there's a very high chance people who like MLP also only care about the imaginary friend side of tulpas. If you like ponies and find tulpas to be enlightening and soothing then there's nothing wrong with that.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

lol discord you're not one to talk, "anime" isn't a single show, it's a common art style from an entire country. It's just a cute way to stylize a human.

Again, your concrete thinking has lead you to take my comment a little too personally. I never said your name in my quip. And no amount of your barking will change what I said, which is very true. That this community, and tulpas in general, are overrun with people who don't care about anything but having an imaginary friend.

I never said anything against what form a tulpa takes. I'm just saying there's a very high chance people who like MLP also only care about the imaginary friend side of tulpas. If you like ponies and find tulpas to be enlightening and soothing then there's nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It's just that I see the "autist neckbeard" card being played so often, I just automatically put up my flame shield. I really am autistic, so it hurts when people say that. I don't worship the show. And I certainly don't live in my mother's basement. And autism is a very real disability that I cannot cure, although it can be controlled.

And maybe my comment was a bit harsh, but I tend to connect anime with the weeaboo culture, since they're so entwined. And to be quite honest, when you made the autist neckbeard comment, something inside me was saying "stfu weeaboo!". But I realize that not all people who watch anime are like that. A lot of them simply enjoy anime, without trying to sound Japanese. I just get the weeaboo culture shoved in my face so much. Just like how you have people shoving ponies in your face. So let's just smile and chalk this one up to a misunderstanding and end this on a good note :)

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

Back when I pretty much hated life, and had recently discovered Touhou, Reisen was my favorite character.

When I watched that - and loved the song/video, I guess something snapped in my brain and said "That girl right there. She represents all the light in the world."

Waifuism, no offense, felt incredibly shallow to me however. Reisen wasn't "my favorite character", and she wasn't "my dream girl", and I didn't even like the tons of seductive pictures of her that were just.. everywhere. I guess I realized the Touhou character wasn't who I really liked, it was something more than that. And so a separation of original-applied-meaning and my mental-entity was created.

After that, well, Reisen represented everything a life-changing tulpa should. I've no interest in changing her appearance since I've no artistic ability, and there's tons of great pictures of her already, like my avatar. But the similarities stop at appearance and name, because she's not a video game character to me, she's an embodiment of light and love.

From a psychological perspective, when your mind is desperate enough to create an imaginary person to make up for something you want in your life, it takes the form of what you consider the best medium for that. The same way I'd like a girl about my age, some people would want a uhm. Well you know where I'm going with this.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yeah Reisen I know exactly what you mean. You just have immense respect for a character. It's not exactly love, and it's not that they're just your favorite character. You just have a lot of respect and admiration for them.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

• 7 months later...

i chosen a few of my pokemon because i feel a strong connection with them and shade more so i just can't choose one so i decided to select the ones from my party in game and go from there.. red and blue are my star pokemon i guess although i don't like playing favorites, because i don't really like seeing anyone left one in my party..

Tulpa:Snow

Mindscape:

Artopia

Honestly I too wonder if it's some kind of phase. I mean, a lot of bronies are like evolved manchildren. I totally agree with you about them not taking this seriously, but in fact I think tulpas are just a means of enabling them to actually indulge in having an imaginary friend. They already watch a children's show, roleplay like children, diaper fetishism is pretty big in the brony community as well. Imaginary friends are not out of the question. In all their progress reports they just talk about all the dumb partying they do in their wonderlands, absolutely no trace of any enlightenment or self-discovery at all. That isn't even a tulpa, it's literally an imaginary friend.

Just where are you getting your info on the Brony fandom from? I'm a hardcore Brony and I don't roleplay. And what the hell is diaper fetishism!? (I just looked it up and I'm sorry I did). I regularly visit several popular Brony sites and never once have I seen anything remotely similar to diaper fetishism. That sort of thing is certainly looked down upon in the fandom.

Sorry for taking this personally, but a lot of people have some sick views of the Brony fandom. I'm also pretty sick of hearing them.

You'd be surprised how mature the majority of the community is. Granted, there are maybe a few manchildren (I don't know of any), but there are in all walks of life (and shows).

Again, I'm sorry for taking this personally. But, like I said, some people have some pretty sick views of bronies.

Edit: I have taken my tulpamancy seriously. Plus, we've never had a party. I don't even like parties.

Starfire has taught me a lot about myself. I see her as a friend who can help me through life. I don't see her as just someone I can have fun with.

I call him Lance

Favorite Quote

"It's what I live for."

I think that it is time that I take the metaphorical plunge and ask this question to you all: Why is your tulpa a Rainbow Dash/Gamzee/etc etc? What was your reasoning?

I/we am/are sad bastard(s), essentially.

And to bin on bronies:

I completely agree, it's pretty unoriginal, myself included here. For the sake of conversation (I'm not saying that I'm better than any other faggot who tries to fuck their waifu, or any kind of yes I am but. I'm not, rather just bored and felt like contributing) my personal reason for making a waifu form for my tulpa is that it's just easier to visualize and there's plenty of references to choose from.

Essentially I'm just lazy and like the visual design (ass, outfit, hairstyle) of said character.

That sort of thing is certainly looked down upon in the fandom.
-Voltian

There is literally nothing to act morally superior about here, people who look down on others because they have X outlandish fetish are faggots.

Aside from that I think there are subtle elements in both our comments that point out that we are in fact, Just a tad bit extremely fucking immature. Nothing wrong with that, besides the fun side of the fandom is the one with the diaper fetishes on /mlp/ (I am drunk and rambling).

-Voltian

There is literally nothing to act morally superior about here, people who look down on others because they have X outlandish fetish are faggots.

I know. I was upset about Bin's views of the fandom and wanted to emphasize that I've never seen anything like that in the Brony community.

Damn... I sounded like one of those people that hate on things they don't understand. I gotta be more careful with what I say.

P.S.

This thread has sort of gotten off topic.

I call him Lance

Favorite Quote

"It's what I live for."