New here, and have a few questions about multiple tulpae.

Although Discord is a newbie and a total dork he has a point. And I've been at this before this site was founded.

Not really backlash. Just saying your goals are very immature and you sound like you want plain ol' imaginary friends instead of a tulpa.

Ok sorry. I just wanted professional help for making a tulpa because I know it's a very serious thing. I don't just want an imaginary friend, I want tulpas. That's why I'm here asking for advice. I was hoping for handsome professionals like yourself to help me out. It doesn't help when you're being a total tsundere and calling me immature and stuff when we all know you can't change faith~~

hehe :^)

i wish i was still 12

so naive and vain

sitting in the back of a transit van

conversations with other paranoids

bright-eyed with my master plan; the snafu of tha eon

I'm not 12. I hate it when people just assume I'm 12 without knowing me! My Little Pony is a show for adults just as much as it is for kids. I watch it for all the juicy pony plot, not because I'm 12.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 12. I hate it when people just assume I'm 12 without knowing me! My Little Pony is a show for adults just as much as it is for kids. I watch it for all the juicy pony plot, not because I'm 12.

Well, with the level of maturity displayed in your post, it's not difficult to assume an age. Asking about genital appearance as well? Not sure I want to answer that one.

Hahahaha, this thread is awesome, I shall do my best to not make attention span accumulation go in vain.

I made tulpas from pre-existing forms from games like MGS3: Snake Eater, and the Resident Evil series. That hasn't degraded any value, or any act in helping them become unique in their own way. I often find them gradually deviating into someone else, the base form was merely a transient way to combine symbolism(s) along with other practices (e.g. narration, possession, and even switching).

There's always a probability that something negative may occur, like jealousy, though it's merely a probability, and not always an unchanging and irrefutable factor that your ponies will reverse NTR, or something worse on you all the time because you like one more pony than the other; that's just petty fears people are having. We can't really force you what to do, but if you're going to handle multiple tulpas, it'll be a lot more effort than 1 per week.

But one thing to state from experience, when you feel a pre-existing form would be ideal for you all, deviation usually seems to portray to me that they can be someone better than that, but this isn't to say that pre-existing forms is all that bad. When you start becoming more reflective of your desires, and your tulpa's behaviors, and communicating with them, you may end up reconsidering your initial urges, i.e., there's a chance that a better form comes up, and you'll be quick to want your tulpa to integrate that into their being if they're comfortable with it.

As for individuals that state that not all tulpas can be understanding, I find that ironic seeing how people would be going through a self-fulfilling prophecy to treat them as sentient beings, and knowing they would need time to develop as well. People that impose some kind of negative dogma on pragmatism on ponies, or whatever seem to be the ones that yearn for what they’re opposing in the first place, but of course, just implications. It’s kind of like how people would say in public what would be deemed as “politically correct” to prevent criticism, but when they’re all alone, completely different story.

OP, you go in there, and make those ponies.

Hahahaha, this thread is awesome, I shall do my best to not make attention span accumulation go in vain.

I made tulpas from pre-existing forms from games like MGS3: Snake Eater, and the Resident Evil series. That hasn't degraded any value, or any act in helping them become unique in their own way. I often find them gradually deviating into someone else, the base form was merely a transient way to combine symbolism(s) along with other practices (e.g. narration, possession, and even switching).

There's always a probability that something negative may occur, like jealousy, though it's merely a probability, and not always an unchanging and irrefutable factor that your ponies will reverse NTR, or something worse on you all the time because you like one more pony than the other; that's just petty fears people are having. We can't really force you what to do, but if you're going to handle multiple tulpas, it'll be a lot more effort than 1 per week.

But one thing to state from experience, when you feel a pre-existing form would be ideal for you all, deviation usually seems to portray to me that they can be someone better than that, but this isn't to say that pre-existing forms is all that bad. When you start becoming more reflective of your desires, and your tulpa's behaviors, and communicating with them, you may end up reconsidering your initial urges, i.e., there's a chance that a better form comes up, and you'll be quick to want your tulpa to integrate that into their being if they're comfortable with it.

As for individuals that state that not all tulpas can be understanding, I find that ironic seeing how people would be going through a self-fulfilling prophecy to treat them as sentient beings, and knowing they would need time to develop as well. People that impose some kind of negative dogma on pragmatism on ponies, or whatever seem to be the ones that yearn for what they’re opposing in the first place, but of course, just implications. It’s kind of like how people would say in public what would be deemed as “politically correct” to prevent criticism, but when they’re all alone, completely different story.

OP, you go in there, and make those ponies.

Eh, if Linkzelda says it's ok to make a mane 6, then I certainly have no business trying to convince anyone otherwise. I just felt guilty because I'm afraid of being selfish when making my tulpae, that's something I want to avoid at all costs. But in the end, the only thing that matters is that the host is happy, and their tulpae are happy. Communication and compromise can resolve pretty much any situation.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

Yes, I agree with linkzelda is that a premade form is a good start. Mine started with one, but over the years she seems really unique now.

I'd like to point out I was never against making the mane six. What I'm against, and why I said OP was making toys instead of companions, is that he's merely looking to emulate an experience as opposed to making a unique being that can grow with him. He outright said he wants to manufacture these things ASAP so he can get on to (presumed) sexytime and just kinda making his own slice-of-life setting in his mind, which is why I said he probably wants imaginary friends and not a tulpa. He never hinted that he wanted to learn and grow from the experience.

The difference between a tulpa as a tool and as a toy is that a guide isn't a tool at all, it's a companion. I'd rather liken it to a dog at this point for the sake of analogy. You want to get a dog to act as a loyal companion and to grow with. What OP's doing is the equivalent of buying 6 dogs, dying their fur the colors of the mane six and will probably get bored of them in a month and sell them.

I cannot see this ending well.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I must agree with Bin here. Though we received little information on OP from his post, the impression left on me personally wasn't great. He made it sound like he was making the tulpas more as tools that companions, and I became regretfully defensive. Should the OP have good intentions and maybe just a case of lacking in research, I'd say go for it. Nonetheless, my opinion could be of no relevance to OP, what they do is their choice.

Yeah of course OP can do what he wants just saying why I can't take him seriously whatsoever.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

I still feel sketchy about him too, but whatever.

I agree, but unless I somehow become tulpa police who is able to magically stop hosts from abusing their tulpae, there's no sense in me worrying about it. I honestly think he's just mocking tulpamancy and bronies, with the way he talks, but I'm no psychic. I will give a stern warning though. Those who abuse their tulpae will suffer from mental anguish, since it's basically abusing oneself.

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.

Although Discord is a newbie and a total dork he has a point. And I've been at this before this site was founded.

Ok sorry. I just wanted professional help for making a tulpa because I know it's a very serious thing. I don't just want an imaginary friend, I want tulpas. That's why I'm here asking for advice. I was hoping for handsome professionals like yourself to help me out. It doesn't help when you're being a total tsundere and calling me immature and stuff when we all know you can't change faith~~

handsome professionals

total tsundere

Am I the only one who picked up on this?

"You've got to believe to achieve." -Hank Hill