How Tulpa's go bad

SableXIV

Okay, so I've looked at a few stories at people trying to create tulpas only to have them turn into creepy stalking figures or antagonistic verbal abusers and I think I know one reason (of many I'm sure) that plays an important role as to why this happens.

Mindset. It's all about the mindset.

What are your intentions when you are creating your tulpa? Do you give your tulpa the respect and acknowledgement it deserves? Are you in anyway trying to force it to become something it no longer desires to be?

Let me give you the most famous example of a tulpa gone wrong. Alexandra Neel. She was probably the first person outside of Tibetan monks that created a tulpa and published her discoveries in her book, though it is only a small bit. Here's the gist of it. http://sliceofgod.blogspot.com/2012/02/tibetan-tulpas-strange-manifestation.html

So, she created a tulpa, then we go into some weird metaphysical theories, it turns on her and becomes really creepy, and she's forced to dissolve it.

Why did this happen? Multiple reasons. She was a foreigner that experimented with a concept from a different culture and while she succeeded in the creation, she failed the keep the right mindset for the upkeep. Where did her mindset go wrong? Here's a comment she made in her book:

"I chose for my experiment a most insignificant character: a Monk, short and fat, of an innocent and jolly type."

"A most insignificant character."

"INSIGNIFICANT"

So she chose to make a tulpa based on something she couldn't have cared less about as an experiment out of curiosity. In short, she didn't respect it, she didn't care about it and she probably failed to even acknowledge it as a person in its own rights.

Another post I read was about a guy that made a tulpa based on his own appearance. He got freaked out by it and stopped the creation, and took about two months or so to dissolve. His creation followed him around constantly, looking like a creepy morbid version of himself until it finally faded away.

MINDSET people! Its fine to treat it as an experiment of curiosity, but only so long as you are able to respect what later comes from it! There is so much benefit to be had from having a tulpa at your side! Inner discoveries, attention to things you never noticed before, a companion for life, and so much more.

A tulpa is a fellow personality, a partner consciousness alongside your own. It is a life in and of its own respect. Don't force it to be something it doesn't want to be. It's like a simple religious housewife trying to force her child to do the same things she was raised to do and respect, without having any respect for her child's own beliefs and decisions, and wondering why in the world the kid turned into a rocker punk goth, complete with the tattoo's and piercings, who worships pagan goddesses.

A friend of mine once told me about a nurse that was fed up with a patient of hers. Everyday, the old man would chew his pills, and she'd throw a fit at him, trying to get him to swallow the darned pills. Finally, the doctor stepped in and told her to leave it alone, the guy was obviously doing it to piss her off cause he was angry at her. So she'd give him the pills and leave it at that. The man stopped chewing the pills after two days.

Treat your tulpa like you would yourself, another person, or a close sibling. Be nice, be respectful, be considerate, and acknowledge that they aren't going to agree with you on everything. They're still on your side, but they have their own choices they want to make, choices they want to be acknowledged.

Don't be like that naggy nurse or overbearing housewife. Be the buddy, the girlfriend, the bro, the homie. Respect and care for your tulpa, and they will respect and care about you.

“Of course it is happening inside your head... but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” -Albus Dumbledore

"Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some...don't ever want to." -Cheshire Cat

I whole-heartedly agree, one of the things that pushed me away from tulpas for a time was reading posts made by thirteen year olds wanting to make their fursona. And then making it pregnant. And then being forced by their third cousin tulpa or some crap to have sex with their daughter to produce a farm of baby tulpas that're black dragons with nine penises and seven vaginas (Want an example of something similar that'll shake your faith in tulpas/hosts and simultaneously teach you a lesson? Look up Jimmy's PR). The thing that got me back on track was, well, realizing it was horny thirteen year olds wanting to make their fursona's and give it the D.

AND of course realizing that not all tulpae are like that. Of course doing this sort of stuff will test your limits and boundaries. The wonderland and tulpas are such a cool concept that, if you're not prepared, can totally wreck you. If you let things just slide on the way they are and automatically attribute everything to your young tulpa, you WILL run the risk of attributing mere stray thoughts and actions to your tulpa (Inversely, denying everything will severely damage your tulpa as well. A healthy dose of skepticism I always say). And attributing stuff like sexual thoughts (Something young teenagers have in spades) and other little thoughts and emotions you'd have such as anger and sadness to your tulpa, you WILL have a problem on your hands.

So kids, respect your tulpa as a person and not a (sex) toy, don't get too wrapped up, and take it slow. Also let up on the soda, that caffeine jacks you up.

Name: Erin

Form: Animu girl, sorta kinda.

Personality: Awesome.

Working on: Strengthening vocality and visualization