Image Streaming

hydrix

Question

How to Image-Stream:

The basis of this technique is to circumvent our poor human ability of mental concentration and make it that of a curious child totally immersed in their beautiful land of imaginative play. Once you begin, you need not worry about losing concentration.

1. Sit or lie down with your tulpa in which it is easiest for you to conjure images on the back of your eyelids. Your eyes are more sensitive closed than open. Focus on seeing something, it need not matter what, or how detailed. It will appear soon.

2. Loose the flow on your mouth of creative expression and begin describing out loud every aspect of visual detail the eyes can possibly analyze. Color, shape, detail, space in the environment, texture, especially any visually striking textures that you see. Do this in as rich detail as you can possibly express, continuously. Do this as fast as you possibly can!

3. Keep going. Do not bother worrying about whether or not you should express something, just express it, and do not remove your focus as you describe it.

It is imperative to do this in rich of detail as possible. Rather than saying "what", as in, "the beach, a car, etc", describe texture, how the sand looks in your hand, how sparkly the little yellow or black specs are in the sand, how it flows through your fingers onto the beach, how it is carried by the salty air across the surface of the ground, how you can see the entire beach and some birds with black spots on their bodies, all the while looking on and watching it intently, never letting your eyes go from your description. You may even add some of your other senses in order to solidify it. Don't feel like you have to switch between types of detail all the time, like texture and color, but you can continuously describe one type for a while and then move on to another.

As you move from scene to scene, keep doing this, watching them and describing every little detail that your mind can analyze. Think about poetically expressing yourself, as deep and beautifully as you can. It doesn't necessarily have to be a poem, just make sure you keep going deeper with your analyzation.

It does not take very long to begin generating images of amazing lucidity, however if you set the pattern of continuously describing the same level of detail it will take longer than normal. If you find you can't describe the images fast enough, you may describe them using your mind voice without full sub-vocalization (just the thought intent) however be mindful so as not to reduce your focus on the activity.

Soon the torrent of mental images will widen, and when you close your eyes a vast landscape of beautiful textures and details will greet you. You will find that making these details will be like a new "high score," and after you walk away it will be easier to recreate it a second or a third time and so on. Therefore, before moving on, try to increase this high score as much as humanly possible, that way when you come back it will be simple to recreate exactly that. This means that a long continuous session may be better than several sessions broken up over time that do not really show much increase, or it may mean that several sessions will keep you from lapsing back to less detail. It will be exponentially beneficial for every unit of increased max detail, or "high score" that you increase before moving on.

After becoming proficient, you can walk around, play with things, and explore, if you don't mind having a less beneficial forcing session.

Alternate Activities

These techniques are for supplementing the main activity in case you literally can't "get images". Stick to the main technique as a rule, because it is the strongest. An estimated 1 in 3 adults have extreme difficulty getting pictures in their mind but these techniques should loosen even the most stubborn of imaginations.

1. Describe after images. Find a picture of your tulpa, a beautiful place, or even a light, or you can use your own bedroom. Close your eyes and focus on describing them in as rich detail as possible, even after they begin to fade. Continue describing the after images even after they begin to change color and shape.

2. Find creative ways to get your mind to render images. Imagine closed doors, trains, streaming from memory, walk around blindfolded, turn lights on and off, use stobe lights, books (to either get it started or as a technique), explore your wonderland, elevators, these are all good examples.

3. Use your other sense. Listen to music, eat blindfolded, air sculpting.

Your other senses may even be imposed if you are able to transfer the same technique to them, especially smell, taste, and touch. In order to use this technique on your hearing, you may have to listen for music while describing it without sub-vocalization (so just the thought intent).

It is insisted that after 3 days of training the sense of taste in wine tasting likewise, one can go from an average joe to master connoisseur sensitivity. 10 days of 10 minute practice is supposed to be enough to start seeing serious results in mental power. This is only a side perk though of having an awesome imagination. If you want to see serious results though, don't worry about how long or how often, but set a specific time every day for forcing. Tulpa veterans continuously stress this idea for a reason.

for more reading, visit http://www.winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran.htm

old guide

10 answers to this question

I made a guide surrounded by the concept of image streaming to work for both narration, visualization, and other uses here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mg6MrxfLob_Ty4A1QIgRks-7GOUeVDq_moyf2zLhMCE/edit?pli=1

But that one still needs to be revised in the future, I guess.

Though since this isn't something you written yourself, I'm not sure if we can rate what was linked by the guy who coined the term "image streaming." You know, to prevent the site from copyright issues, and what have you. But I'm glad more people are becoming aware of the concept, and its potential to suspend some doubts if they can do the grind work behind what the theory of image streaming would do for overall cognition.

Linkzelda's Guide to Better Narration_Storytelling With Your Tulpa.pdf

Edited by Ranger
Added pdf back-up

This is a guide people are aware of and it was posted before as far as I can remember, such as here: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-image-streaming-a-way-to-help-increase-your-visualization-minds-eye

Anyhow, if we're fine with approving external guides formatted for the forums, then this gets an Approval for Guides from me, however if we don't approve external content, then it can't be approved.

This is an useful and well-known technique for developing one's imagination and people should do it more.

Yeah the text itself isn't too awful I guess, but I have no idea what we're supposed to do with a guide you haven't written yourself. I would just go for "can't approve guides unless you've written them", because that's hardly fair. Not to mention I have a feeling the author hasn't given their permission to post this around on forums, even if the person posting it doesn't take credit.

It might also be a good idea to cross-post this in general discussion, so people might actually comment on it and such, keep it afloat and share the idea, you know?

Also there seems to be a goof in the pasting, see this part example:

following below is a series of back-up procedures, any one of which is pretty likely to help you to get pictures started. Once you do get any kind of impression at all started, "describe the Dickens out of it," as if you were still looking at it even if it was but a fleeting glimpse or impression - and you will find more coming. --And more coming. --And more coming!

If you did get pictures, these back-up procedures would only slow you down from getting your Image Streaming accomplished (unless you are planning to teach it, in which case you'll want to be familiar with all the back-up techniques). It'd be better to go ahead and begin experiencing and practicing.

Special Segment Insert: For Those Who Did Not At First "Get Pix:"

Here, however, following below is a series of back-up procedures, any one of which is pretty likely to help you to get pictures started. Once you do get any kind of impression at all started, "describe the Dickens out of it," as if you were still looking at it even if it was but a fleeting glimpse or impression - and you will find more coming. --And more coming. --And more coming!

If you did get pictures, these back-up procedures would only slow you down from getting your Image Streaming accomplished (unless you are planning to teach it, in which case you'll want to be familiar with all the back-up techniques). It'd be better to go ahead and begin experiencing and practicing.

Identical parts bolded.

Also got you a few other odd things you might want to correct. The guy loves creating some weird words with hyphens so I'm going to ignore those even if they're a bit funny, but I'll point out the ones that clearly seem to be mistakes.

continu-ously, opportuni-ty, symbo-lic

I would also suggest editing out the ads, they're unnecessary here. I'm talking of the ONLY X DOLLARS + SHIPPING WOW!!! parts. And the "address below" parts don't really work because there is no address below. This hasn't really been perfectly formatted I guess, you might want to read it yourself and take out some things that just no longer make sense when you have just taken a part of a bigger book.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

article condensed and filtered. I just found the text contains this brief notation so it may not cause any trouble for him.

(You are welcome freely to even teach Image Streaming to others whom you care about, and even to replicate this paper--in whole to preserve context, but not in part, despite the copyright notice at the end of this paper--so long as you cite in each instance your source having been via Project Renaissance.)

whatever you guys want to do with this article is up to you, thanks for reading

edit:

I think I will just erase the guide and leave the hyperlink to make it clean

edit2:

never mind just going to write my own guide already

Alright, good job on rewriting this. I think I like it more than the original. Technically I'm pretty sure it's just the other guide but written a bit differently, but hey. If the method works then I'm not going to beg for the original author to approve of us rewriting his TRUE and ORIGINAL method.

Oh by the way, "Do Not bother" on your text. You might want to change that Not to not, eh?

Well, I'm not someone who has used this method so if this guide has missed something or otherwise says something that shouldn't be done, I won't know. For that, I'm going to have to hope that the rest of the people who do know will correct me. But right now, I see nothing wrong with this and have no reason to disapprove. This method seems very word-based which seems to be the method of visualizing for some. I know plenty of people who can't visualize well unless they write down the scene or something, so having word-based methods around here is nice.

So, approved. It's a guide alright.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)