Centering and Tulpae

ThatOneGuy

Question

Centering Guide With Regards to Tulpae

Background Information

Centering is entering a state of mind that isn't a totally clear mind state, and yet isn't intensly focused on one thing. Think of still letting thoughts go through, but viewing and percieving those thoughts from a passive state, and on top of that choosing a specific train of thought to follow. In this case, the specific train of thought is how the tulpa is interacting with the five senses. The subconscious streams data to the conscious mind every waking moment of our lives, and there is much more data there than we often willingly perceive. How the tulpa is to the five senses is part of that data. In a centered state, you can choose that data stream to be the train of thought you want to observe. So what am I getting on about? Learning to purposefully center will allow you to both hear and sense your tulpa either more clearly or at all if you're not already hearing them, and hopefully make the whole process of hearing tulpae easier.

During the process of a tulpa becoming vocal, we teach ourselves to automatically perceive the data stream that is the tulpa interacting with our five senses. Learning to do this purposefully could speed up that process, and on top of that will allow for easier communication. Before getting to the actual 'guide', I will say that after a while holding a centered state or a stream of data at the forefront of the mind becomes much easier, and it becomes easier to sustain for longer and longer periods of time, so don't be discouraged if it's difficult to keep it up at first.

And before anyone mentions anything about centering being Psi or 'metaphysics' related, I'm going to stop you and say that it's used in everything from therapy to martial arts to magick. And now we're going to apply it to tulpae.

The How-To

First off, we want to be able to clear our minds. Go through whatever methods you have to do so, and get into that state. After that, we want to figure out what the 'data-stream' from the subconscious feels like to you, and figure out how to focus on it. This involves getting into a particular state of mind that isn't exactly the clear-minded state. You see, one must be able to passively examine thoughts without focusing too much on them (thus stifling them) or not focusing enough (thus ignoring them outright). There exist several visualizations to get into this state, and while at this point I don't need to use them they did help me to get the feel for getting into the state. The first is visualization I want to share is that of a rough lake with many waves and an island in the center, which represents your mind being full of other thoughts and just generally unable to get into the centered state. One then visualizes this lake calming down to a reflective state, representing the mind going to a relaxed state that is ready to casually observe trains of thought. The second that's often used is visualizing a ball the color of your choice with a tumultous surface, once again representing your mind, and the ball calming down to a very still and smooth status. If visuals aren't your thing, you can also think of a rough noise calming down into something very nice and smooth, or do something tactile if it suits you. Tactile methods include bringing your hands towards your body in a sweeping motion while breathing deeply (Tai-Chi uses several tactile centering methods, actually, and I can say that from personal experience if all else fails they should work, even if you look rather foolish while doing them).

The state of mind one gets in feels like less intense than purely focused on something, and yet more mindful than being purely clear-minded, and it's often very obvious. After the centered state is obtained, the next thing that must be done is locating the data stream specifically related to the tulpa, in this case the one relating to how they interact with the five senses. This is done by thinking of something that relates to the said data streams briefly while in the centered state and waiting for thoughts to go by. If in the centered state properly, the thoughts will ordinarily be very obviously different from regular thoughts, since they have a certain feel to them that is entirely different from the thoughts completely fabricated from the conscious mind. Sort of like they belong a little bit less to you, though not how foreign emotions and the like from tulpae feel. Anyways, while it'll be up to the individual to find out what they relate to the data stream, I've found that what often works for me is thinking or saying to myself "Video stream for Clair" or "Audio Stream for Clair" or "Sense Stream for Clair", which I then soon perceive while in the centered state.

Remember: Do what works for you in this scenario. The same goes for visualizations for getting into the centered state.

Now then, so you're in a centered state and you're percieving your tulpa. What do? Well, you learn to sustain this for longer periods of time. This is achieved through going into a centered state often, and keeping centered while doing other activities. Eventually staying in the centered state becomes habit, and the data streams you were focused on just stick there at the forefront of your mind without any effort. That is ultimately what we are aiming for, and frequently centering and trying to stay centered is going to help us towards that goal.

-ThatOneGuy

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Brief, but useful for all facets of the tulpa creation process. Unfortunately, this guide is rather ancient and ToG is no longer a member of the community (to our knowledge) so, instead of requesting a revision with an eye to expansion, I will grant approval pending some better thread being discovered or created by an active member.

I think this would be a useful Tip. And with the previous conversations in this thread, it seems it's just one of many ways to get into trance, suggestive state, or whatever mind state people prefer to presumably have an easier time forcing.

Obligatory >The subconscious

This is one of those things that barely makes any sense before you know what the guide talks about, for me. Early on when this was posted, I did try it. Anything to get a vocal tupper. Got nowhere because ????. I had no idea how it was supposed to feel. But now, without the help of this guide, I know exactly what it's talking about, what kind of a mindset is really good for being able to hear or see your tulpa.

The textwall is a bit too much, but no way of getting it sorted into neat paragraphs when the author is gone. A solid tip otherwise, especially the mention of getting into a state where you can observe with a clear mind but not stop everything from happening (like those responses you're after), so I guess I'd approve it there. I dunno if people will be able to do it following this text as I certainly couldn't, but the message itself is pretty important.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I find this hard to read as well. I think there's supposed to be a new paragraph after "even if you look rather foolish while doing them)." but someone forgot how whitespace looks on the forum or something.

Anyway I'll approve for Guides. I think it's enough to go there, but really I wouldn't mind Tips either. And I gave it a [Focus & Concentration] tag.

Approved, Guides (preferably), although it could also work in Tips, even if I think this is a sufficiently essential technique to count as a Guide.

This is an essential communication technique and mindset. I'm not aware of many guides which address this, despite its importance.

It's a little bit of mindfulness meditation which is very "light" and at the same time slightly focused on any part of your virtual (imaginary) senses that you wish to perceive, and usually also 'focused' on the tulpa('s essence) - or more precisely you become "open" to perceive thoughts they're sending you without yourself interfering with what they're sending you, while at the same time also being free to think your own personal thoughts without interrupting the tulpas thoughts/emotions/senses that they're sending towards you.

As Sands mentioned, it's a very common mental state to be in when communicating with your tulpa, but at the same time, it's not something I had an easy time figuring out right away when I first read this guide - figuring it out for me was more of a lucky accident while meditating/doing self-hypnosis, rather than anything else.

All the symbolism in this guide isn't very necessary - achieving this mental state is very simple once you get a taste of it for the first time and know to recognize it (which may be a bit of a problem for someone just starting out and not knowing their bearings).