Tulpa and thought seperation

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is it possible to stop a Tulpa to know what you are thinking because if you can talk to them in your head then it must mean you can never stop them from reading your thoughts and symbolism won't work.

I guess you could, you know, ask your tulpa for privacy if you wanted some time to think by yourself, but I don't see the point in that as I'm with the tulpa all the time. No secrets here.

You can always ask them to not to direct as much awareness to what you're thinking, if you feel this may spoil conversations. Or maybe ask them to let you finish what you're saying, even though they may know what you're planning to say in the first place. You know, just out of respect.

It's kind of like how we tend to predict what others will say face-to-face, but we don't really stop them mid-sentence, since that may become annoying at some point. Same logic applies to your tulpas, even if their prediction may be more accurate due to implications of accessing your mind, and distinguishing what may cause you to use a certain train of thought.

Guest Anonymous

You are right but I was talking about on the spot bad thoughts eg.If I get into an argument with her I will automatically call her words like ***** or ***** even if I don't want to conciously (you know what i mean right?) and that can be..you know...bad.Thats the problem.

Would you want someone to keep there true feelings hidden from you, or just come out and say them. I would rather know how the people around me feel, that way if they need/want I could help them.

The relationship you have with your tulpa is the most honest one you will ever have. That being said ask your self why is my tulpa acting like this? Is there something I did that upset them? Sometimes we let our fears puppet our tulpa into saying things that would hurt us, because those are the things that worry us. If your tulpa says something bad that is the only time I would question if they really meant that.

I don't like calling her 'my' tulpa, I don't own her. She is the tulpa that lives with me in our body.

Guest Anonymous

I agree with you...the biggest doubt in tulpa process is tulpamancer's unconcious control over tulpa's behaviour....self control is the top priority.

You can. Or at the very least pretend they don't hear your thoughts.

What we've been doing occasionally, on the advice from a friend, is whenever I go out of the house somewhere, she "stays at home". Then we talk via "telepathy" or a "phone call" and I can tell her what's going on. What we did last time was she stayed in her wonderland house and I streamed my vision and hearing to a tv there. It was kind of neat going there myself and watching the tv and trying to hear it as well.

Will the BBB please buy my guide. [advertising link scrubbed]

You are right but I was talking about on the spot bad thoughts eg.If I get into an argument with her I will automatically call her words like ***** or ***** even if I don't want to conciously (you know what i mean right?) and that can be..you know...bad.Thats the problem.

I know what you mean, and I occasionally get that from them as well. There's so many cases to try and explain why censorship on our end would be so hard in this case. Maybe it could be that we're practicing in being aware of what goes on in our head, which may mean what's usually repressed becomes part of how we communicate with them every now and then.

I remember when I tried image streaming the first few times, and even on occasion passively now, weird stuff would happen. For example, I would see them dying from a shark, being revived, and perfectly fine the next moment. Hell, there's even very sexual tendencies as well when communicating with them, and thoughts of what seems like they have fun doing it.

For me, it was one of those things where you just had to keep doing more and more until you can filter out the extreme negatives.

But at the same time, others may worry said filtering could remove thoughts, or responses they genuinely have; maybe our awareness to them is a double-edge sword, i.e., if we want to be willing to hear them, we might hear other things from our minds that we may not like to hear. Or we're just natural monkey-brained perverts trying to create a sense of morale.

Guess a loophole for this is to just encourage yourself to ask if it was them or not.

Cliffnotes:

>You open doors (metaphorically) in your mind that are usually not things you're wanting to fixate awareness to

>You start being aware of repressed, passive-aggressive, monkey-brained, and all sorts of rambling thoughts

>First reaction may be to keep doing these things until you can naturally filter those thoughts out

>But if you do so, it may increase the probability that one is filtering out what a tulpa is genuinely replying to (e.g. they could be really pissed and angry to curse at you)

>If it's the other way around (you), maybe it could be a Freudian slip for all we know

>What is double-edged sword of being receptive to what goes on in our minds

>Ask them if it was them, at least you're building habits to affirm if it's them.

Plot twist:

>What if tulpa gets annoyed on you asking them if it was them?

>Maybe tell them you're not intentionally trying to curse them out, or shun them down; these thoughts are transient, and can only be sustained by your fixation on them

>Welcome to your mind, donuts in the left cortical, and sanity in the hypothalamus

Guest Anonymous

I was wondering when you talked about Shark,do tulpas feel pain if destructive imaginations like that mess with them example- drowning,falling or more gruesome methods of pain.Whats image streaming?

I was wondering when you talked about Shark,do tulpas feel pain if destructive imaginations like that mess with them example- drowning,falling or more gruesome methods of pain.

It's possible, but the type of pain you're asking about would be an illusion. Another example I remember is when a giant was chasing one of them, and I could hear their breaths getting shorter, and much faster, almost as if they're literally running for their life.

Then afterwards, I think the giant slammed into them, and I heard a few screams, but this honestly is probably just for added realism. I never bothered to ask them if they experienced pain just through mind's eye visualization, but I do know they've declared they feel tired with possession every now and then. As for the shark one, I did hear grinding, a few bones crack, and all, but things changed quickly after that to where it wasn't a concern.

It's weird, sometimes whenever I work, or just anything in general, I find myself occasionally not feeling any sensation; as if one of them is taking on the sensations, and I just get an empty feeling inside, though I still feel like there's a circulation of energy from the spot(s) I can't feel as much.

I guess it's similar to how I may feel in lucid dreaming; almost like a void, but with the potential to express any kind of sensation that I could put my awareness into. I've felt pain in lucid dreaming before, and there can be potential that tulpas can experience that as well, but it's (pain in dreams, or any mind's eye imagination) really just an illusion.

Whats image streaming?

It's basically an activity where you close your eyes, and describe what's going on in your mind through a medium (e.g. voice recorder, paper and pen, or even a laptop). Apparently, the activity presumably connects parts of the brain not usually associated with each other for certain activities we do, and from personal experience, when you put in the hours for it, visualization becomes a breeze honestly. But there is a lot of hard work involved if you want to do something mentally taxing on your mind, but it's worth it.

You can find general information on it and the theory behind it as well:

http://www.winwenger.com/imstream.htm

I made a guide submission long ago, that still needs to be revised to get rid of that used cars salesman overtone, and such here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mg6MrxfLob_Ty4A1QIgRks-7GOUeVDq_moyf2zLhMCE/edit?pli=1

You can PM me if you have any more questions on the image streaming part.