• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think one can have equanimity within social relationships, even if there isn't equality. I am not a fan of equality in all things, because we're just not, and one of my pet peeves is hearing someone say, 'life isn't fair...' Mostly because life, the Universe, rarely sorts things in terms of fairness. Ask the dinosaurs. I did not get a fair distribution of money. Oh well. I am not all that smart, but we have to sort that because there are what, half a dozen intelligences? Music, math, kinesthetic, emotional, something, something.... We, as a society, can aim for mediocrity, but what does that actually mean? We're all equally bad at everything as opposed to outstanding in anything? I was reading a concert was protested because there were no female classical composers represented... Oh, as if classical music wasn't already dead and dying... Does anyone go to the orchestra or theatre any more? Does anyone mourn for Mozart?

in terms of statistical representation of who posts here... I'm also not sure that's an equity things, as anyone can post. I am not sure what word preference for what we have here. Does 'equanimity' fit? Ummm, maybe I should reflect further...

http://www.jetsetmag.com/lifestyle/health/equanimity-equity/

This is true, not all things are equal (although I must point out, the dinosaurs did in fact have fair distribution of money). Aiming for excellence is definitely better than aiming for mediocrity, and I can't imagine how malicious someone would have to be to have told you otherwise.

Of course there is an inequality in terms of how much each person posts, as would always be the case on any forum (every person posting equally is just ludicrous). And since you mentioned statistics and word preference, here is the universal distribution of word usage.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

If you broaden your search to "the next time a pony is posted on the forum", I can answer with 100% certainty. The answer is right now, totally not rigged.

300x300http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32400000/My-Little-Pony-my-little-pony-32446794-1266-1000.jpg[/img]

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Elcomeway ackbay otay ethay orumfay, aranoidpay amallay.

Wow, it's been awhile.

Dangit, Tewi had a picture and prewritten post proving we were aware he was in the process of winning really hard a day and a half in, but we're out of state on a laptop so that's gone. Wait y'know what, I'll go find it manually.

https://i.imgur.com/LoIPV9G.png

"Just so you know, we were well aware of your likely-to-be long-term winning. But I decided to let you catch up some."

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not winning at all. This image of an apple proves it. Q.E.D.

200x200https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ff/3e/35/ff3e35ee2f7b6ffd59a6b5b118fb7828.jpg[/img]

Anyway, looking forward to your return in a week or so.