• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How could i possibly comment on anything being said here, so, i wrote something else. Didn't mean any offense.

I moved the mountain with a stroke of a pen, but no one believed me, so they moved the town to avoid its path. <- this is what ancient proverbs sound like to me.

Miri, i don't know. But i can conjecture that if someone could move a mountain with a pen, and he had no proof that he did it, then probably no one would believe him. So they would rather go to great efforts in moving an entire town than to consider for a moment that he might be telling the truth. This is similar to any self-proclaimed metaphysical powers.

What you should ask is, why not just move the mountain again, in front of everyone? He would argue, "they still wouldn't believe me."

You see, the mountain is in no danger of moving again unless it is his will, but they will never believe that. At the same time it is both rediculois for a mountain to move on its own as with a pen. Yet the mountain did move, so they must move the town.

They wouldn't believe him because it would prove that the mountain is still moving. Thus justifying the move of the town.