• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, considering that's how my characters did it when I wrote, it seems pretty valid. I didn't speak to them at all most times, they did whatever, I wrote it down. Sometimes it felt like they didn't need me at all. I immediately discounted those times of course, but I'll be geeking out about it next time.

The experiment is Vādin's idea, I was a bit reluctant about it but this first day went well. No real visualization/imposition breakthrough, but feelings of presence (not imposed presence, essence presence maybe?) and comforting random minor possession throughout the day.

And one or two loud thoughts I've been able to hear, but it's only our fist day.

He really seems to enjoy himself a lot !

Hi, I'm Zia, foolish captain of the Giant Wing system. Vādin is my tulpa.

It sounds fun.

Argh, I like me parrots, matey... My little one doesn't like me using the pirate voice in 'Charlotte Jane Battles Bedtime' with 'Curious George.' Apparently you have to use the right voice for the right book.

Loxy is not French, but she consistently rings in with a French accent, like she was speaking French but learned English... I don't understand that, but I love that...

Hello SC, hello Loxy ! Hug the little one for us !

Hi, I'm Zia, foolish captain of the Giant Wing system. Vādin is my tulpa.

I'm not sure there's a genetic susceptibility to being plural, considering a majority of people who try to make tulpas seem to be successful

Tulpa001 introduced the lovely term "plural susceptibility", not so much for whether a system can create new headmates, but for how easily, which seems subject to wide variation for whatever reasons.

I think failure is underreported. Guests considerably outnumber members among the forum readership. There are large numbers of PRs abandoned prior to clear signs of tulpa independence. Only a few people actually keep checking back in year after year to report their continued struggles. But the truth is, we have no way of evaluating the actual success rate. The forum concentrates those whose success is sufficient to keep them going.

But maybe anyone can make a tulpa with sufficient faith and dedication. Or sufficient obsession and desperation. Belief is important in this community, and when I previously addressed the subject in its own proper thread, my speculations on reasons for differing plural susceptibility weren't strongly endorsed.

Now that genotyping isn't that expensive, it would be interesting to see if there are any known gene variants much more correlated with plurals than singletons. That would be a lot easier and more ethical than a large, well-controlled study of where college students are hired to do tulpa forcing under the supervision of psychologists to see how many succeed.

however things like introversion and dissociation, I think, are probably influenced by genetics.

Could be. But among current survey respondents, the average difference between hosts and tulpas in extraversion is a huge 39 percentiles, in spite of having the same genetics. (This is the mean of the absolute value in the difference within each system. Looking at host overall versus tulpas overall, the difference is only 18 percentiles.)

Hee hee. Lumi, my spell check claims that I should use "extroversion".

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit