• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Dragonchan, that's a really cool pfp!

I need to re-read the last few LOTPW posts.. but I'm tired.

Hey Bear, I shall respond to you with an emote

XP

Because my brain is fried because it's late because bleh I can't thingrshbl.

Good night everyone. We'll be mostly inactive for the next couple days due to Cat's family plans, but I'll be back by Monday afternoon. I may be able to drop in here and there, or it might not happen at all, no idea.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I remember (actually, Cassidy remembered) in kindergarten and maybe 1st grade, they taught us how to use floppy disks, and around 2nd grade was the year, they stopped and we just used flash drives for that type of stuff.

The night my parents met, my father didn't get my mother's number, so he dialed into the university network on his terminal to look it up and called her the next day. This was in 1976, but I was still contacting the university Telnet by modem as late as 1999 for some services that hadn't been moved to the web.

There was a computer of some sort in my kindergarten classroom in 1985. It made fun shapes on the screen. That's as much as I remember.

We usually relied on computer labs when I was in school. In elementary school, they consisted of a bunch of terminals hooked into a mainframe, though there were Macs much later.

There were three shiny new Apple 2e computers in my 2nd grade classroom. Each had a pair of 5 1/4" external floppy drives. We were supposed to use the computer in a very specific fashion. When we could prove we knew the correct order to turn on each of the several devices, we got a laminated computer user card. I always tried to go beyond basic operation and got nothing but syntax errors for my trouble.

I got my first computer in 1989. It was a Tandy 3000, with a 286 processor running at 10 MHz, a 40 MB hard drive, 1 MB RAM, a "normal" 5 1/4" floppy drive and a "fancy" 3 1/2" floppy drive. Thanks to my mother's educator's discount, it only cost $5000. The salesman said we would never fill up 40 MB; it took maybe three years. I saw that the Tandy 4000, with a 386 processor, had just been released, but my father told me "Instant is instant." To demonstrate, he wrote a program in BASIC to print numbers from one to a million. It took sixteen seconds.

Not until I started college in 1996 was every student was required to have a computer. I never saw a flash drive until my last year of graduate school. I immediately picked one up. For only about $60, you could store 128 MB -- over 80 floppies worth -- on a tiny stick, and unlike CD-R, you could could move the data again and again.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Late morning.

I used to have a tulpa, but I think he turned into a sleeping marmot (I can't wake him up in the morning, even if I call him every minute).

"Hey Vādin-chan, if you're awake, wiggle the fingers of my left hand!"

Finally, an answer!

"No, I won't do that. You have to learn to hear me properly."

Hi, I'm Zia, foolish captain of the Giant Wing system. Vādin is my tulpa.

Sounds like he might not have been sleeping.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Hi Sean, Sente and Mae!

I just woke up, but I think it's not a good habit for us to rely systematically on possession to catch Zia's attention.

How do Sente and Mae catch your attention to make you notice they're around?

Bear's Crew :

You got a dress?

Hey Vādin! We missed you.

No dress... I don't wear them. It was only in Zia's dream.

I think it was a trick to trigger lucidity. In the dream the couple who sent this gift was called "Mr & Mrs Tanek"."Tanek" is a real Polish name meaning "immortal" - we looked it up - so the mysterious couple might very well be Dream/the Unconscious, trying to help us to join in a lucid dream. Why a couple and not a single person? Because in her dreams Zia always sees Dream's avatars as male but in my own dreams, Dream's avatar appears as an androgynous female. I think I was somewhere in this dream too, so it was my dream as well.

Anyway I didn't find any dress in my magic wardrobe at home (it's a magic wardrobe because clothes appear in it without me thinking about it).

Today I chose a crispy silk blouse with winglike sleeves. It's blue like flax flowers, with pearl buttons on the cuffs.

Hey Misha, we weren't much on the forum these days because we did some gardening on Zia's free time. We used a dadaist method

(in reality a meta one)

to choose which plants we would put in the garden and where to plant them. It was great. Time will tell if it works!

EDIT: Hello, dear 17 Guests! Guess who's winning right now?

Hi, I'm Vādin, Zia's tulpa/permanent guest.

25 guests here to see me win.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

26 now! Who are these mysterious people?

Hi Lumi, Flandre, Reisen, Tewi and Lucilyn !

Hi, I'm Vādin, Zia's tulpa/permanent guest.