• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeetus yeetus commit self-deletus

necro-bump

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

I'm necroing this cause it's been too soon since someone wrote something distasteful. (And we need a cleansing)

It takes a whole day for a thread to stop showing up on "Today's Post." - G

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Well you're not dreaming, and I'm not dreaming, but someone else might be

Wow, this has given me a wonderful way of phrasing/explaining why the residents of our Dream Gensokyo won't mind if they hear they're in a dream - they aren't dreaming, so it's real to them. That was already how it was going to be, but I didn't have that concise phrasing.

I mean, if I were minding my own business and then some unusual thing happened, I wouldn't think it's a dream because I haven't experienced any break in my consciousness since I woke up in the morning

Remembering how you got to/what led to the current point you're at is the single most powerful reality check available. Linking your consciousness to your waking life through memory is, apparently, the key to lucidity. Or so I've heard.

I just always do a reality check when something unexpected happens, even if I don't think it's a dream. Never hurts to check

Same here, and it's worked on occasion. Also an incredibly helpful go-to whenever I've found myself relatively aware in a vivid dream, to automatically reality check if something even slightly strange happens. Reality checking for "subtle" things is often key to Dream Induced Lucid Dreams, because Godzilla rampaging through your city (I mean it was just a movie, but also it's real now) can and will feel "subtle" in dreams.

I don't want my brain to get used to it almost never being a dream.

Having a multitude of reality checks is good, but for day to day life just pinching your nose and trying to breathe through it works. Also viable: Trying to push your thumb through your (other) palm, reading text then looking away and back again (it almost ALWAYS changes, even digital clocks), and flipping light switches and similar electronic type stuff, although that can easily fail, it tends to work for most people including myself. But above all, simply recalling the events that led you to where you are is the best reality check, and is actually extremely good (for your memory, too, not just dreaming) to do as frequently as possible unlike the others.

Glad to meet you too and everyone needs to know whether or not your a hentai pervert

Ironically(?), hentai actually already means pervert.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I wish unexpected things happened to me so I could make reality checking a habit, but no. I've been pinching my nose every now and then since I found about lucid dreaming and it's not enough to make me do it in dreams on a daily basis. The memory thing is a good idea and thought about it before but got lazy and stopped because my stupid mind prefers to daydream and live on autopilot, apparently.

Ice, what happened to your friend dino-something?

Hentai just means weird (in a bad way) in general iirc

Lots of things, as with most Japanese words. However I've heard it said quite often in the context of someone being a pervert. I don't.. remember where, I just have. Random anime clips? I do try and listen for any Japanese I do understand when watching subbed stuff, but I don't watch anime very often.. The last one I watched was Hero Academia, but before that I don't even know.

I wish unexpected things happened to me so I could make reality checking a habit, but no. I've been pinching my nose every now and then since I found about lucid dreaming and it's not enough to make me do it in dreams on a daily basis.

I reality check whenever something doesn't make sense. It's a relatively distinct feeling - "Wait, what?" And yeah, it doesn't happen very often. I also reality check when dreaming is brought up.. sometimes, and also any time reality checking even briefly comes to mind. That one's to help with laziness or "Nah, so-and-so makes sense" moments. Even if you remember you were watching Godzilla in theater, that brief moment where it was weird should still spur a reality check, even though you know you aren't dreaming, just because. Oh whoops, you were dreaming after all..

But yeah make sure to do it even if/especially if the thing immediately makes sense after. In fact, never let something making sense after convince you not to reality check. That's how you miss becoming lucid.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.