[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

It's actually mainly because the majority of the people hating on genwunners were people whose favorite generation was 5, so the genwunners kinda started hating on gen 5 out of spite.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that's why genwunners hate gen 5, but the reason why gen 5 sold so poorly is because it was designed primarily for the core players, but the majority of the playerbase was casual.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I never got past silver...

Just play Emerald, dangit. Get yourself a Breloom.

@Gen 5, that's my least favorite generation as someone who's played them all sequentially (though I started with Gold/Silver and just played FireRed and LeafGreen as "Gen 1", because actual Gen 1 is - with all respect as accomplishing amazing things as the first set of games and leading to all of Pokemon - a horrible, glitchy, nearly unplayable mess). Gen 5 was the least inspired point in my Pokemon experience - looking back now, the world was pretty nice... But those legendaries dang near killed my childlike love of legendary pokemon*. Hot off the heels of a special area in an alternate dimension where you walked through 3D with weird gravity to catch a ferocious looking legendary in its own dimension, they gave us:

- Not three but FOUR dog legendaries when we already had 3 cool but pushing the line of same-y dog legendaries, all of which have ""unique"" designs but delivered as a package felt like they had literally zero personality, except for Keldeo who was somehow actually annoying to me (maybe clips of the movie I saw left a bad taste) as the "4th musketeer" (I know there was a 4th, but for "Three Musketeer"-inspired stuff, I don't want a 4th, especially not 4 dog pokemon all at once when I was ready to accept maybe 2)

- Three of the exact same cloud guys, which would've been fine as one, but imagine my surprise when I find out the legendaries this game has to offer are 4 more elemental dogs and then 3 of the exact same pokemon but slightly different typing. Also, I know now that they have Land Forms that look a little different, but 1: They're the ugliest Pokemon in the entire franchise and 2: I didn't know about them until some time after gen 6, lol. I don't love form changes personally but w/e, point is those pokemon were injury added to insult after the 4 more dogs, which were bad enough on their own, but the 3 cloud guys ruined all of gen 5 in my memory as having no personality (again, excluding the actual world now as I've come to appreciate it more as I got older).

- Reshiram and Zekrom.... Uh. Well, they're just a couple of black/white themed dragons. Nothing against them on their own, but they weren't very interesting with the other 7 I just mentioned being their accompaniment. Certainly no Lugia/Ho-oh, y'know. They didn't add too much personality as legendaries are known to do (Kyogre and Groudon??), but being the mascots for "Black" and "White", I don't really know how they could've done that better

... So yeah, that's about it I suppose. Gen 5 marked the first game where it felt like they were proud of the graphics as a main feature if that makes sense, it's like the start of the 3D era to me even though that could be argued. 3D era has this feeling of being dry to me, a mix between me getting older of course and the games getting easier I think that made me like them less overall. But I consider X and Y the best games in the entire franchise from an unbiased standpoint (where my favorites are easily still Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver), like the most likely to be recommended games by me to start with for a newbie. I don't even know why, I don't remember the map of X/Y very well (possibly because of the 250 hours I spent outside camphrier town hatching eggs for Moon), but I know the games left me feeling very positive about them.

*Oh, I should address what I meant to from the start, my caring about legendaries. I have never used legendaries in my team before. I absolutely hate using legendaries to fight with, their incredibly high stats for their level and automatic high level always made the games feel too easy/like it wasn't my success. But of course I always catch every single one, and despite not using them, I feel like legendaries are incredibly important to setting the mood and maybe emotional?/story high-points to the games. Kyogre and Groudon are easily the best example of this. I would never use them to fight, but my god are they an incredible set of mascots for Gen 3. The other Gen 3 legendaries were pretty good too, although I personally despise the Regis (You other Pokemon Masters out there know why). Dialga and Palkia were slightly generic dragon-y, but their plot relevance and what they represented were really, really cool, even if they didn't do much. It should've been incredibly easy to make Gen 5's legendaries more relevant and interesting following them (seriously, as cool as time and space are, those guys didn't do anything), but instead they got even more generic and even less plot relevant. What were they, an energy source for something? I don't even remember.

Anyways, I don't like Gen 5. All I will give it is its world map and music. Sun and Moon was also terrible if you wanted a real main-line pokemon game new adventure in a big new continent... like I did... BUT, I feel like treating them as a bonus little aside where you go on a very linear island adventure for a huge change of scenery, makes them a whole lot nicer. And that's basically the one reason why I'm still excited for Sword/Shield - I get to walk on dry land again, sheesh. My final opinion of the game will likely ride on how enjoyable the non-Wild Area areas to explore are, and how easy the game is. Sun/Moon was beyond pathetic, in USUM my challenge run (attempt) using only normal type pokemon and attack moves came to an abrupt halt after my Dunsparce, without using any of its buffing moves, swept the Rock Kahuna, which I'd hoped would be the first actual challenge in the game. It wasn't, and I lost all motivation to finish the game after that, rip.

If you've ever played a pokemon game before, please, do not use this new broken EXP Share that multiplies your total gained experience by like 5 with a full party. I found out the hard way that even a team of Buneary/Sentret/Audino/Dunsparce (yes, not evolving them) with only normal type moves (yes, even against ghost types, Foresight lol) doesn't make the game not a sweep-fest. I will never make that mistake again.

I like Pokemon.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm just gonna stick with the Mystery Dungeon series of Pokémon.

Except Gates to Infinity. That one was the worst.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

I have a funny story to tell about Reshiram. Ok, so when I initially encountered Reshiram, I was pretty sure my attack wouldn't one-shot it. And I was right, except I crit so it one-shot. As you may know, that encounter makes you fight it again until you catch it. As soon as it threw me back into the encounter, I was under the impression that it's a guaranteed catch. So I threw a pokeball to test this, and it caught first try. I then reset (saved right before the encounter) to put it in a better pokeball, having confirmed this to be the case. This time I threw a premiere ball and caught it first try. About a year later I found out its catch rate is 25/255, which at full health means both of those were about 1 in 30 to catch.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

I too went the route of the poke ball, or premier balls if I actually care even a little about the pokemon. I'm sure it's an odd luck streak, but I threw over 100 ultra balls at Lugia before catching it in SS whereas using just Poke Balls has worked great for me ever since. Legendaries in Poke Balls > ultra IMO. I've also had seemingly great luck with my Premier ball catches, I don't think I've ever thrown more than 10 at a pokemon before (including legendaries, yes)

By the way, Dynamaxing is the same thing as Z-Moves were, an eye-catch for children, and I'm treating it as such. Mega evolutions were unique and really should've just been the new staple for the series, but I dunno. I don't mind the games with or without Megas. I'd heavily prefer no Z-Moves/other stupid gimmicks, but since I just opt never to use them, technically it just makes the games more challenging, and that's always welcome. I'm assuming based on raids that I'm allowed to fight SwSh's gyms without dynamaxing, so I'll do that. Considering the absolute worst thing that could happen was them 1-hitting 3 of my pokemon before reverting, I can't imagine it'll make anything that difficult regardless. Maybe there'll be some end-game challenging stuff where I'll finally get to do it in good conscience.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

While I didn't play it, you really gonna discredit Pokemon Snap while saying Pokemon Channel is the best one? Or was it just the complete lack of gameplay you liked?

Pokemon Channel is great, btw