• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started on gen 5, so I may be a little bit biased.

It's fine, I just wanted to gather more data for my theory that the majority of people's favorite pokemon generations are the ones they started on. That's the case for me too, and I have just as much logic to back it up (Gen 1 was a horrible buggy/glitchy mess compared to Gen 2, which included all of Gen 1's region lol), though I do say the best game in my opinion is X/Y, which just felt really nice to play, and should also be great for beginners who don't want their hands held quite as hard as the following generations.

Anyways I probably won't be motivated to play through the game if I'm doing it alone, so I won't right now. Pretty dumb that I was sure the main hurdle was getting my brother to agree to replay them, and he actually did, at which point we just couldn't find the games somehow. We have like.. 35 DS games between us, including quite a few from who-knows-when that we didn't lose, so how we managed to lose several Pokemon games (which I've always cared about keeping the most) I have no idea

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

well gen five is my favorite, but the one that most improved upon the previous in terms of features is either gen 4 (phisical-special split) or gen 6 (3d graphics and mega evolution)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

wobbuffet is still in Ubers though, iirc

It's not. It's been at BL (borderline, basically banned from UU and below without explicitly being in OU, so basically OU) for quite some time.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

breloom is also UUBL, but due to the tapus it is unviable in higher tears (two of them remove sleep, one of them resits fighting and grass, all of them are fairies), so I can't use them in any of the standard smogon tears

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

The one that improved the most... Well, physical-special split is more important from a competitive standpoint, since the games functioned fine most of the time without that change, while Gen 1 didn't just in general. Actually, I wrote something in Discord recently that seems along the lines of this topic, so I'm just going to copy/paste it real quick because my food is getting cold-

[hidden]mainly meant for those who don't know pokemon or all of it

Gen 1: Red/Blue - Horrible buggy mess... that accomplished absolutely amazing things for the first titles in the franchise, crappy to go back to but astounding in what it accomplished

Gen 2: Gold/Silver - A new region and tons of polish, and perhaps the only direct upgrade in the series as it included all of Gen 1's Kanto region over again

Gen 3: Ruby/Sapphire - Much, much better graphics, a more interactive world, and the most immersive legendary scenario in the series

Gen 4: Diamond/Pearl - A bit better graphics, a bit more world immersion maybe (the snowy places?), wireless connectivity

Gen 5: Black/White - The best graphics before games became 3D feeling, the seasons/environment were cozy, sold the worst of any games in the franchise but some consider it the best in the series anyway

Gen 6: X/Y - Series started to get simpler, but it was entirely in 3D and the easiest game for newbies to get into that still provided any challenge - also nice end-game fights and fashion

Gen 7: Sun&Moon - Handholdy, but had the most ambitious changes in the entire series with the removal of HMs as world-traveling tools (just moves that can be removed at will) and much smoother menus and such, and some of the Alolan gen 1 pokemon weren't awful (ice vulpix)

I hope I can say anything good about Gen 8[/hidden]

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yes, it's super weird to go back to older games without it, though there's even more weird stuff in Gen 1 than that. Though I was more interested in big changes that the average player would see immediately, there were of course tons of other less immediately obvious changes that were usually good too