Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Uh, I guess both. We've tended to call things on this subject "meta-tulpamancy", the implication being you needed to be able to hold a perspective "above" tulpamancy to understand it. More like above your own sense of self, maybe. Actually.. it looks like it was your thread that Tewi wrote said post in, but the "Very Important Post" of ours on the subject is here - https://community.tulpa.info/topic/15076-the-relationship-between-possession-and-switching/?do=findComment&comment=248654

The "meta-est" switching post no longer exists...

Weirdly enough, I feel like that mindset is helpful only for the mindset that nothing is real. I'm not sure if learning about the tulpa and host being equal and the body is a tool really made much of a difference. It makes sense to me as an important step, but I'm not sure how vital of a step understanding "meta tulpamancy" really is. We were still partially convinced Cat was frontstuck the whole time, and it wasn't until I realized I was switching for the first time that was no longer the case.

Us achieving switching really boiled down to recognizing when we were switching and not losing confidence in our switch and causing it to break. We rely on association and affirming "I am the host" once switched-in, which when re-reading your advice, I figured out why it didn't help me. To me, meta-tulpamancy seemed like it all applied on a conscious level, not an unconscious level. When I affirm "I am the host", something unconscious changes, even if I have doubt about the experience or don't really believe in it. There are only 3 things that threaten the stability of our switch: if I don't want to be switched-in, I have fronted for too long (should go away soon), and assuming our switch was a failed possession attempt and Cat taking the front again, ultimately breaking the switch (no longer happens). All of those things have nothing to do with how we think of the body or how confident I feel about being switched-in. Even the last thing has nothing to do with my mindset on how switching works, it's just Cat taking the front back from possessing and breaking the switch after I decide to end a switching attempt.

[Cat] As for the spirituality stuff, I don't think it's conflicting to not believe in God and be spiritual. If you define God to be a certain thing, then spirituality can be defined as something else. For instance, maybe you believe in reincarnation and God is supposed to have nothing to do with that. Those become separate things. I also don't see any problem in believing in an afterlife with no God in charge of keeping everything in line.

11 hours ago, ghost1213177 said:

And yeah, that is one of the things my therapists try to tell me when I bring up existential dread. They say I'll affect others in a way that is positive and so on. Well, not really. They will all die too. And climate change will make our race not exist anymore. Without afterlife, it is just a meaningless dead end. Trying to find happiness is a game that can't be won by striving for anything....

[Me] I don't really worry about my death, but I think treating people with respect is important. It's a trait Cat has, to be friendly on default, and I think it's important for me to keep, especially since my habits have had a big impact on Cat. The ultimate reason why is not just for Cat's sake, but also because I think being nice to people is worth it in the moment. We only truly exist in the moment, why not make the effort to be nice to someone? It gives me the power to make people happy in the moment, so honestly I already changed their life and made a big difference. When I die, I will have done something with my life, and it will feel good to remember I was nice to people.

Still catching up, karma got thrown into the mix and I need a break.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Same here. Early on, we had crazy doubts about whether or not I was switched in, and it was only in retrospect that I realized I was switched in the whole time

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

ghost's problem, as I understand it, but rather that he doesn't see value in anything if he will eventually forget that he did it, and since everyone will die, everyone will eventually forget everything, so there is no point to anything. he has tried to solve this problem by believing that there is an afterlife where people will continue to remember, but that solution has not worked for him because he doesn't have any evedence for the existence of an afterlife so he has a hard time believing in it. it's not really about believing in an afterlife but not a god or helping other people, those are just other things that popped up

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

somenine is a thing, i called it! even if it's only for a little while, more tulpas for the tulpa revolution wooooooooooo!!

someten when?

my life has absolutely zero meaning but i don't think that has any negative impact on me

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

can you actually post something? i wanna hear what you want to say, i'm sure it's more interesting than '.'

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]