Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to keep practicing...

Am I better off forcing myself to play with harder CPU's, harder game modes, or reading guides? I don't have switch online, and even if I did I'm too noob for competitive right now

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

if you are playing a character that has lots of combos and difficult timed things then you may want to read up and practice how to do those, otherwise going against hard CPUs is the best practice other than going up against actual people

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I asked because I wasn't sure how good the CPUs were. I heard Ultimate's are better, but overall Smash CPUs have a bad rap.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think that they made the level 9 CPUs worse because they were too strong. now they are relatively easy, but it's still worth practicing

-Me

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

kirby has always been low on the tear lists iirc

Kirby's always been low or bottom tier (though idk about Smash 64), but in the past being one of the lowest tiers in the game meant the character was unplayable. There are no more unplayable characters in Smash Ultimate, which is great

Practicing on CPUs is only good depending on your skill level. Obviously for learning the game it's what you should do, but if you want to get good at fighting other players and have a fair bit of experience, CPUs are usually bad to fight because the ways you beat them aren't the ways you beat human players. They can still be okay for getting to know your character's moves and movement and stuff, but not for strategy on how to actually beat humans. Always play online if you can, in that scenario (but not if you're new to the franchise, you'll get destroyed lol)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I would get smoked hard online, and I would rather have a game plan and learn from fails then just jump in, fail, and not understand why.

even if the way the CPUs operate is different, it's still worth playing against them to keep muscle memory with the movement of your character

-Me

yeah, that's basically what I said. CPUs for practice against yourself, online for practice against others. The way GSP works, you SHOULD eventually land in an area where people are just challenging enough, but not totally one-sided matches (SHOULD, but you'll probably still run into a lot of people too good for you lol)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.