• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot about the preview button, does it even work?

oh right, it doesn't, that's not at all what my post is going to look like

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

If traffic lights were sentient, I would question their ability to direct traffic. I mean, if they can think about their families, or what games to play, or have the desire to go home early, they could lie, get distracted, but worst of all be inconsistent- some will be better than others. I want all of my traffic lights to be on the same schedule doing the same thing, or I could die.

Most worryingly of all, if traffic lights are sentient, how did that happen? If we invented a new machine to take their place, what's to prevent the new "traffic light" from becoming sentient?

so you can only accept traffic lights being sentient if they are also incompetent? typical

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

10 minutes ago, Felicity Ravenlocke said:

Every day is Friday when you don't give a fuck about your job

Every day is Saturday when you don't have a job or school

11 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

so you can only accept traffic lights being sentient if they are also incompetent? typical

I don't think people make good traffic lights. Aside from the obvious flaws of needing food, water, shelter, and love, humans can be wrong a lot of the time where machines and wires are often times far more accurate as long as they are programmed correctly.

Sentience implies that traffic lights are more than just their basic programming, and therefore I concluded that if traffic lights are sentient, then chances are pretty good they were not originally designed to be both sentient and as perfectly good at doing their job. If their sentience is natural, then I would find it surprising if they were still good at being traffic lights. They would be just as good as people, which is pretty not reliable for huge intersections.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

omg, we're still talking traffic lights? I haven't been on lotpow for a while. 

We need some fresh blood. -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Some say self-consciousness is the basis for sentience and claim that many animals aren't sentient, but just organic machines doing what it's programmed to do by nature