[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

As opposed to humans, who seek out food and engage in sexual reproduction completely at random! How strange that when endowed with free will, we do exactly what evolution asks of us!

Hello! I am UncannyFellow's merge-tulpa!

I ❤️ Roko's Basilisk

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Matsuri said:

Some say self-consciousness is the basis for sentience and claim that many animals aren't sentient, but just organic machines doing what it's programmed to do by nature

maybe that's what I think humans are

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Some also say that free will is a skill only a minority of humanity has but basically every living thing can achieve it

determinism sounds like prophesies sciencified

Well, most of these things come down to definitions. When we talk about things being programmed, we're usually talking about computers, which most people agree don't have qualia. So in that sense, I'd be more than a little hesitant to say humans (and animals, as there's evidence that they have qualia) are programmed. But if we mean humans follow a set of predictable rules -

If (self.isAngry()) {

punchFaceOf(targetOfIre());

}

- looks like a predictable rule to me, so long as we accept that isAngry() can be defined. Of course, the rules humans follow would be 100000x more complex than this, but that just means you'd have to be really really smart in order to predict human behavior. It doesn't mean the rules aren't there

As for free will, this guy did a better job of summing up my thoughts than me

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

that's not really what I think humans are btw, I was just saying that to say it

animals are for the most part not as mentally capable as humans, but not to the point of not being sentient (for the semi-smart ones at least, fish basically aren't sentient afaik), but they're dumb enough to humans that we can easily not empathize with them and so we have mass slaughter of millions of cows (looked it up and there's currently 1 billion cattle on earth) and the occasional human that doesn't care at all about the suffering of something considered as smart as a cat or dog even - but if humans are good at anything, it's desensitizing themselves to stuff that's not immediately relevant to them

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Experimenting on monkeys isn't at all cruel according to society and humans kinda brush it off as "they're not like us so their emotions don't matter"

makes me tilted just thinking about it, and seeing animals suffer isn't anything different from seeing humans suffer