[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

A lucid dreamer is "far more likely" to know about tulpas than the average random person, yes. But we're talking 0.001% -> 0.1%, and even then, in either case their "knowing about tulpas" has like a 5% chance to be what you see on .info, an ehh chance of being r/tulpas, a high chance of being peripheral misinformed knowledge like from Youtubers, and an okay chance of just being on the fringe of the community with their own weird beliefs, like from Tumblr or something.

But realistically speaking you'll spend years looking for someone who knows about tulpas, and in 7 years you'll find one person that's like "Oh right, that creepypasta about an imaginary friend taking over your life"

overall I would not recommend hoping for this, but your chances of teaching someone about tulpas and them being understanding are astronomically higher, so that's good

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just want someone irl to complain about tulpa stuff but tulpamancers outside the US don't exist, mostly.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:21 AM, Luminesce said:

Ugh, if something doesn't click with someone it's never worth trying to make it.. but I have to reply to these anyways-

I agree that I was being judgy, and I think it was a mix of some initial bias, I was feeling more angry that day in general, and I got distracted by the tone and missed the point.

My complaint ultimately boils down to I don't like the idea of telling people they have to be a particular way to be better people. Someone who is consumed by greed isn't always better or worse than someone who is always hurting and feels victimized, and someone who is always happy about everything isn't always better worse than the all loving neighbor.

However, it's interesting self-confidence and trust are important themes here. The more self-confidence and trust you have, the stronger you become, and you need to figure yourself out before you can move onto loving and trusting everyone else.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, Luminesce said:

I almost feel like I shouldn't put this here because most of you don't seem to need anything more to stress about, or aren't doing anything that'd change from reading it, but I also feel like it's something that should be spread- https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Despite being very long, it somehow manages to feel very to-the-point anyways, quite a well put together bunch of information..

[Cat] I think it's useful if you were not aware of it before. It's one of those bad news things that... just have to be shared.

On 2/11/2020 at 6:43 PM, Breloomancer said:

i suppose that I will tell other people about it and call whatever government people I can get ahold of to tell them that we need to stop our environmental destruction and do stuff towards nuclear disarmament and easing tensions with Iran

even if I wasn't going to do anything about it I would still be glad to know though

That reminds me... there's this book I tried to read at my college library that made me realize something. There's the bullshit you hear on the news and then there's actual policy. I think the problem is there's too much focus on the drama and no one is talking about the dry facts. I want to go find not a debate but what the causes and affects are and what certain legislation means.

For instance, take the carbon foot print. What's causing the carbon footprint? What strategies do and don't work? What has been proposed and what has been rejected? Would finding a reliable alternative energy fix the problem or should goverments tax people and companies to make them use less energy? Are there other solutions?

Today all that's easy to find is just pure garbage, and I want to find a better research strategy we can use to make more critical and informed decisions.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, Luminesce said:

But it's a system-wide effort and I think we all need to individually be able to work in that mindset, which is why we're doing the work of trying to think like that and not just Reisen. I don't really think that would work for the rest of us, anyways

Good luck!

On 2/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, Luminesce said:

hard to remain last poster while not paying attention for long periods of time

Same

On 2/12/2020 at 5:45 PM, aubreyshield said:

taxes: unpaid

Unpaid? How did you manage that? I know some people don't pay their taxes, but to somehow take your money back from the government through doing your taxes backwards?

On 2/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, Breloomancer said:

good thing math is such an interesting topic then

I feel pretty eh towards math unless it creates a pretty picture. Tables are boring, pretty graphs and patterns are interesting.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:28 PM, Pioneer11 said:

In other news, I'm getting paranoid. I've been reading about the Coronavirus on Reddit and, as I'm expecting a package from the UK (in it, components from China), my lizard brain is shouting to not to take it. But I've spent more than 2k on it, so I guess I'll risk it. What a time to be alive.

[Cat] I think you will be okay. If your package actually did have the Coronavirus in it, I don't think the package would leave China or make it past the first truck without someone stopping it.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:56 AM, Luminesce said:

Like if I were to help her with that, it would consist of me looking up how to do it/watching a video, and then saying "Okay watch this video", lol. There's not much for me to explain there

[Cat] This is how I felt helping my brother with his Calculus homework. That stuff wasn't fresh in long-term memory. However, sometimes finding the right website can make the problem less overwhelming for them, so it depends.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:55 AM, Luminesce said:

Remind me (you probably don't actually have to) to reply to the Chat Thread some time

I need to remember to do that too.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:20 AM, Mirichu said:

On a different topic, do any of you ever lose balance of the body if no one's fronting?

The concept of both of us being switched-out doesn't make sense to us actually. I have never tried to switch out while Cat was switched-out, but I'm not sure what that would feel like. I doubt it would feel any different from what we experience now, and I even doubt we will experience any dissociation symptoms. That's the weird thing about our switching, dissociation symptoms seem to only sometimes happen, or they are really subtle and hard to notice.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, Breloomancer said:

we just can't do a hard switch (where one of us immediately takes the front), but we can do a soft switch (where one of us possesses, then naturally ends up in  front)

We don't do either of those. No matter how much I possess the body, I won't switch-in (last I checked), but even if I am capable of doing that, I definitely don't want to play around with that. Both Cat and I value possession and don't want to lose it. We also don't want to do the former because it's not what we agreed to but also because we fear it could also lead to losing possession.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:41 AM, Luminesce said:

Recently when switching we realized the "energy silhouette" (which in recent years has just become transparent-us's, regular detail) thing we do specifically helps give an anchor for us to associate our sense of presence with, as opposed to the concept of instantly switching which we can and have done but choose not to. Gives a better understanding of why instant switching might or might not be bad - also means if we wanted to do it, we could just get used to having someone instantly teleport out of the body into their mindspace/semi-imposed form, and the switcher-in into the body. It would make the visualization of physically moving out of/into the body unnecessary, which is honestly what takes up all the time for us, since our visualization is so poor.

I both of us find using our form to help us focus on association to be really useful. It's more designed to help us relax and feel more confident in the switch, but otherwise I don't think it's a necessary step for switching. Our form seems to suddenly appear over the body, and then we use our form to line up with the body's movements.

Our last switches have happened in about a few minutes, sometimes only taking 2 minutes. Our consent ritual is usually one of the slower parts, and then we focus on associating when we feel like we need to slow down. Association takes longer the less confident either of us feel about having a grip on the body.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:41 AM, Luminesce said:

No, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if people did. Sort of like how you probably shouldn't fall over while deeply immersed in wonderlanding, I'd say

[Cat] I can stand up while wonderlanding / being hypnotized, but if I'm standing then my immersion quality tanks. There was never a time I couldn't walk or stand straight because I was sucked in, but there was one time I was entranced by a story and I felt very dissociated going to therapy that day.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, Ember.Vesper said:

Breathing is a bit of an issue. It stops sometimes and we have to jog it back going.

Nope, nothing like that ever happened to us.

21 hours ago, Mirichu said:

I wish there was a way to sort out by on-topic/forum games posts. 99% of the posts are from LOTPW.

You can easily achieve that with the activity stream. Check out Ember and Reguile's tutorial here.

27 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

there is a particularly large overlap between lucid dreamers, tulpamancers, and hypnosis enthusiasts, though Lding is the most mainstream by far and tulpamancy is the least

One time I invaded visited a random IRC chat because I was bored and wanted to tell some random people about tulpas. One of the IRC regulars realized tulpas sounded familiar, and they got it from Lucid Dreaming.

I think tulpas and lucid dreaming have a lot of shared ground, or at least enough lucid dreamers have talked about tulpmancy and made multiple tulpa guides for long enough to leave a mark.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how old this guide is? https://www.luciddreamsociety.com/tulpa/

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

20 minutes ago, Ranger said:

You can easily achieve that with the activity stream. Check out Ember and Reguile's tutorial here.

I was mostly referring to x user's posts. Like, you go to their profile and can see their on-topic/off-topic posts separately.

24 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know how old this guide is? https://www.luciddreamsociety.com/tulpa/

The first mention of it (well, not the guide, just the concept) that I could find was here

But I don't know, when did you find it?

Oh, I see. I don't know, you can open up a new thread and ask about it.

As for the guide, we saw it last year. Cat thinks she saw it was published in 2018, but we're not sure. I just wanted to make sure it was at least recent and not something people knew about since 2016 or something.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 hours ago, Luminesce said:

A lucid dreamer is "far more likely" to know about tulpas than the average random person, yes. But we're talking 0.001% -> 0.1%, and even then, in either case their "knowing about tulpas" has like a 5% chance to be what you see on .info, an ehh chance of being r/tulpas, a high chance of being peripheral misinformed knowledge like from Youtubers, and an okay chance of just being on the fringe of the community with their own weird beliefs, like from Tumblr or something.

But realistically speaking you'll spend years looking for someone who knows about tulpas, and in 7 years you'll find one person that's like "Oh right, that creepypasta about an imaginary friend taking over your life"

overall I would not recommend hoping for this, but your chances of teaching someone about tulpas and them being understanding are astronomically higher, so that's good

I think that tulpamancy is way more well known that you give it credit for. based off of my experience, I estimate that ~1/50 people in the US (I can't say for other countries because of the bias of my experiences) have some level of knowledge on tulpas, whereas I would say 1/5 - 1/10 lucid dreamers have some level of knowledge. however some ~90% or higher of these people think of tulpas/tulpamancy/tulpamancers as either a bhuddist tradition/cultural appropriation, a creapypasta, a hoax, imaginary friends, giving yourself schizophrenia/DID, bronies going a step too far, magic/people who think they are doing magic, or some combination thereof.

even without specifically trying to find other tulpamancers/plural folks and just knowing what signals to pick up on, I was able to find out that one of my friends is plural (though not a tulpamancer)

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Our last switches have happened in about a few minutes, sometimes only taking 2 minutes. Our consent ritual is usually one of the slower parts, and then we focus on associating when we feel like we need to slow down. Association takes longer the less confident either of us feel about having a grip on the body.

even for our longest switches, it has never taken us longer than 30 seconds to switch

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I think tulpas and lucid dreaming have a lot of shared ground, or at least enough lucid dreamers have talked about tulpmancy and made multiple tulpa guides for long enough to leave a mark.

I consider tulpamancy, lucid dreaming, and hypnosis all in the general catagory of mind alteration, and for that reason tend to attract a lot of the same people (though there are some lucid dreamers who really hate the mention of tulpamancy in relation to lucid dreaming)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Oh, I see. I don't know, you can open up a new thread and ask about it.

I'd swore I saw a similar thread, I just can't find it. I have a hard time believing no one else has suggested it before so that's why I believe a thread like that actually exists, or at least someone suggested it somewhere else.

Would a potential lucid dreamer actually do a reality check if you told them they're dreaming?

I do wonder that.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Luminesce said:

As someone who was in the lucid dreaming community before finding .info, I never once saw any discussion remotely referencing tulpamancy and never ever related the two, despite having tulpas at the time lol. Closest I could see happening is, among the people who like interaction with consistent/constant dream characters/dream guides, some silly dreamer could perhaps ask about communicating with them while awake. But I found tulpamancy no short of outright telling a friend who knew the term about my "sentient imaginary friends". 

Here, a very small number of you will enjoy this a lot I think.

【東方Vocal/Electro Pop】 Chu💛Chu💛Chu (Forum says an error on Youtube is preventing this from embedding, it's a cutesy Touhou song that was just uploaded)

Cutesy songs aren't my style, but this is alright I guess, but when I see these songs I think of a couple of people here

(This is Flandre's theme, by the way)

Those songs are awesome!  One of the circles I follow also uploaded a fun fitting song today
【東方ヴォーカルPV】Necromantic【暁Records公式】

And to say something half-relevant about irl tulpa people; a worker here knows pretty much stuff about tulpamancy and we have opened a bit about it. (if you read this and think this is you and have an idea who we are, then that's cool)