[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

I think that tulpamancy is way more well known that you give it credit for. based off of my experience, I estimate that ~1/50 people in the US (I can't say for other countries because of the bias of my experiences) have some level of knowledge on tulpas, whereas I would say 1/5 - 1/10 lucid dreamers have some level of knowledge. however some ~90% or higher of these people think of tulpas/tulpamancy/tulpamancers as either a bhuddist tradition/cultural appropriation, a creapypasta, a hoax, imaginary friends, giving yourself schizophrenia/DID, bronies going a step too far, magic/people who think they are doing magic, or some combination thereof.

I mean, if you lump the creepypasta crowd in maybe they've heard the term, but you're WAY off base with those numbers like 1/50. I don't think 1 in 50 people in the US know anything, let alone tulpas.

That said, I wasn't thinking about people who know about plurality (or are plural themselves) at all - if you're okay with finding people with (more than likely, their own version because they've never heard about "Plurality"/"Tulpas" before) any of various kinds of plurality, your chances are actually a lot higher, yeah

Not high, just higher, still far easier to teach someone about it. But I've found a LOT of people have some disorganized version of "plurality"/"tulpamancy", at least insofar as having a character/personality that they consider at least pseudo-separate from them. They'd be the easiest to educate about tulpamancy/plurality, I suppose

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what's so ridiculous about 1/50 people knowing about tulpas? there's just so many small mentions of tulpas all over the place if you look, and for those who end up doing research, they usually find something interesting enough to tell a few other people about it

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Cat's old high school friend knew about tulpas, but her friend is a bit odd and he likes to look at 4chan and lucid dreaming stuff. My guess is the average college student probably has no clue what tulpas are. In Cat's psychology class, one student claimed to know someone with DID. Cat's friend also claimed her other friend had DID, and assuming both claims are credible, it's possible people knowing someone with DID is like 1/300 or something. For knowing about tulpamancy, my guess is it will be something like 1/2000 or something, and even rarer to find someone who knows a tulpamancer.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I don't know how else to argue this, Bre, other than giving my own figure of at best 1 in 10,000 americans having ever heard the term "Tulpa"

with no real argument/sample data, hopefully the difference in scale of our estimates gets my point across without need of a more in-depth argument

fake horizontal rule                                                                                                      

So I just bought this skin in Touhou Big Big Battle and me and Lucilyn both are going crazy over how adorable this is https://i.imgur.com/UFuSHHI.png

I didn't know it was possible for Sanae to be this cute, but it's practically raised her some places on my favorite Touhous list..

(Touhou fact - Suwako and Kanako are the two gods of the Moriya Shrine, and Sanae is the shrine maiden, a human from the outside (ie real) world who moved to Gensokyo when Kanako brought the shrine there to gather more faith)

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

twin peaks season 3 mentions tulpas in multiple episodes as a significant plot point and had ~2million viewers. even if there is no other way that anyone has ever learned about tulpas and only 1/60 of all twin peaks season 3 viewers are american, the amount of americans who know about tulpas is still just over 1/10000.

-Me

Dang, I didn't realize that was a thing. Must've grazed over that in the tulpas in media thread without realizing the connotations, sheesh

Well with that as a data point... 1/8,000

The real trick to my number is knowing that a ton of tulpamancers here don't reside in the US, lol. Though to be fair, I don't think I'd be thrilled if someone "knew about tulpas" from just Twin Peaks...

after doing more research, I found out that the number of people who could have heard of tulpas in twin peaks season 3 is actually pitiful at ~0.3 mil US viewers for it's most viewed episode while tulpas matter. compare that to 1.2 from adventure time's "blank eyed girl", 5 from supernatural's "skin", or a whopping 17.91 from the x-file's "arcadia". assuming that everyone who watched any of the other episodes also watched arcadia, that's still just below 1/18 Americans knowing about tulpas

-Me

... You say that, but something tells me if I went and asked 180 people if they knew what a "tulpa" was, there'd be far less than ten "Yes"s. My bet is on one, maybe two.

it depends on what you ask them. if you ask them who the monster from arcadia was, they might say a tulpa, but if you just ask them if they know what a tulpa is, they might not think of it. it's also possible that they forgot. still, untill someone actually does a survey, this is the biggest landmark around which to base our estimates that I could find

-Me

Yeah, them not remembering was kind of my intent with that claim, since the goal in question was "finding someone who knows about tulpas"