[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Kurzgesagt video - 1,000km Cable to the Stars - The Skyhook

Definitely seems more realistic than some of their other videos about space stuff, I wonder if we'll live to see these put into action?

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if we could just figure out how to cure cancer, and we may be getting close, then we already have a way that we could stop aging, and then live for plenty long enough to see space exploration

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Well, human overpopulation is already a serious problem, so unless they ban having children I don't think the average person will be living forever any time soon. Though I less meant "will we live to be old enough", and more "will the human race survive, with society intact". We have faith in the human race, but we also keep realistic expectations, you know how it is.

Edited by Tewi

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

well curing old age isn't curing death, you'll still die, just not from old age. also, as life expectancy goes up, birth rate natrualy decreases, so if aging was cured then people would likely have much fewer children and much later in life. also also, if people could live for hundreds, let alone thousands of years, they could accumulate much greater levels of wisdom and science would then be able to speed up greatly, allowing us to find better ways to make food and increasing our space travel abilities, thus combating overpopulation

-Me

Well, that was an awfully roundabout way to support your point. But yes, what you said is true. I just couldn't not mention that making humans age-immortal would increase population levels in the "short term". But hey, maybe humans gaining so much knowledge would be helpful in the long-term?

But, my point was that we may well have any of many catastrophic civilization-ending events before we get to that point, or at least get stuck in or be set back to a less productive society.

Edited by Tewi

well if we don't stop it, the climate crisis will slowly destroy most of humanity, and nuclear war isn't off the table either. if we are able to get past those two things, then I am confident that humankind will leave behind aging like we did polio or smallpox, and set up permanent residence off of earth before the year 2100

-Me

"Ood ing." ~Monty Python

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.