[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

oh no, I feel bad saying you're wrong... actually, シ and ツ (shi and tsu) are just characters for the sounds shi and tsu, while a smaller tsu ッ is used as the katakana version of the extending character (which even in Hiragana is the small tsu つ, っ). It's really dumb, it's extremely hard to read in certain fonts/handwriting/etc. sometimes! Anyways I'll copy paste a thing on it from this random site https://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/sokuon-uses.html

The small kana "tsu" is a hiragana or katakana "tsu" character reduced in size. To see the difference in size using the Japanese fonts in a browser, compare the size of the full-sized hiragana "tsu" in たつと (ta-tsu-to) to the size of a small one in たっと (tatto), or the full-sized katakana "tsu" in タツト (ta-tsu-to) to a small one in タット (tatto).

The small tsu is used to represent a doubled or "geminate" consonant, known as a sokuon (促音) in Japanese. The sokuon is usually represented in romanized Japanese by a doubled consonant, such as the double t in hatto (ハット), "hat".

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images