[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

5 minutes ago, Samb said:

Can you or Miri recall the moment Akai became 'sentient'. What was she like before, and what convinced you something changed?

The first moment Miri felt like something was going on was when she was doing something completely focused and then Akai talked out of nowhere to point out something Miri hadn't noticed. And it felt really 'alien' to Miri so she assumed it must've been Akai. It felt different from talking to an imagined person, like feeling of presence and someone else thinking.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Mirichu said:

It felt different from talking to an imagined person, like feeling of presence and someone else thinking.

What is the feeling of presence to you? Can you describe how you would 'feel' a presence?

Again, sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to understand what it's supposed to feel like to have a tulpa.

No one agrees on what makes a singlet conscious, so figuring out what makes tulpas conscious is nigh impossible. If you’re talking about what a sentient tulpa feels like, that’s a bit easier to answer. I think it comes down to autonomy - the feeling that you aren’t putting effort into your tulpa’s thoughts. But I also think it’s not binary, and we can get a frog in hot water situation where one day, you realize that your tulpa has been sentient for the past two weeks and you didn’t notice until now because it happened so gradually. Of course, a ha moments like Miri’s do happen, they just don’t happen to everyone

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

41 minutes ago, Samb said:

What is the most plausible answer?

It Just Works™

28 minutes ago, Samb said:

What is your opinion on it? What is the most plausible answer?

my working theory is that at the beginning a tulpa works like an external identity, like how you could imagine how someone who you know well would act in a certain situation, and more developed tulpas work like an internal identity, like how the host works, and somehow forcing a tulpa and giving them attention allows them to bridge the gap between internal and external. this theory is purposefully vague because due to how little information there is you have to choose between accuracy and specificity in your models

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

40 minutes ago, Samb said:

What is the feeling of presence to you? Can you describe how you would 'feel' a presence?

For example, right now I am fronting, but my host is there watching. So it feels like there's someone else with me, and not just a vague presence, if I am doing something, I can hear her giving very faintly her opinion in abstract concepts. But that's because my host is pretty active in the mind and the brain seems to love keeping her there, but for Akai, it feels just like a presence unless I focus on her or she gets as active as our host.

Thank you Miichu, Hakonoou, and uncannyfellow! ❤❤❤

2 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

...at the beginning a tulpa works like an external identity, like how you could imagine how someone who you know well would act in a certain situation, and more developed tulpas work like an internal identity, like how the host works...

This somehow sounds the opposite of what I would think from reading guides.

I don't think I'm translating this right.

So if I know someone well, like a good friend or a sister, then I would expect them to act independently. If they worked like me, then wouldn't it be harder to distinguish them from me? That's what popped in my head. This isn't what you meant is it?

I don’t want to put words in Bre’s mouth, but most people (not everyone) can simulate a conversation between themselves and a family member/close friend. A good number of tulpamancers

think that talking to a young tulpa is like simulating such a conversation, but most people agree that tulpas eventually become more independent than that

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023