• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, Luminesce said:

Yeah

I didn't look at other stuff yet, I'm going to my computer...

10 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

possession is pretty weird, but I think that if tulpamancy and imposition are both normal, then so is switching, since every host knows what it's like to be switched in and every tulpa knows what it's like to be switched out and it is pretty much just a reversal of those roles

Learning possession doesn't enable people to learn switching, even if we lived in a world where those things were normalized.

I also meant to say this a long time ago, but when I say "possession" I usually refer to full-body possession. I call the possession where another headmate controls an arm "partial possession".

Possession is usually easier to pick up than switching, but that's not always the case. Usually one of three things happen when you learn possession:

1) You end up switching instead of possessing
2) Your possession changes over time and it upgrades into switching naturally
3) You master possession, but you require other skills/experience to learn how to switch

If you fall into the first two categories, switching can make it much harder for you to learn full body possession. This is either because a headmate being active and thinking becomes associated with the switch itself, the front is too closely associated to switching, or both.

However, if you fall into the third category, your personal training can also override full-body possession. Shield is the perfect example of this, they re-wired their mind with training to achieve switching, but in doing so they overrode their ability to perform full body possession. They didn't lose their partial possession however.

This was also to address the point made about the "fear mongering" asmask did. It is possible to lose full-body possession when you learn switching, and we trained so we didn't lose full body possession.

I would be really curious to see a possession guide written by a system that learned switching first.

I didn't think it was appropriate for me to say this in the mentor thread, but we know how to switch and we have a little bit of imposition, not including visual. However, I have come to not believe in a switching mentor, you really need multiple people to give you feedback and you need to figure out how you and your headmates operate in your own mind.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

If you fall into the first two categories, switching can make it much harder for you to learn full body possession. This is either because a headmate being active and thinking becomes associated with the switch itself, the front is too closely associated to switching, or both.

This is what apparently is happening in our system lately. Headmates accidentally coming too close to the front by just thinking for a while, which can sometimes hinder vocal communication, since it's hard to let the other person think freely without them suddenly fronting. This doesn't happen with tulpish, somehow. And partial possession? forever gone.

7 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Which I think is pretty dang good by anyone's standards, owed to the fact that nearly all of our interactions are through imposition, with visualization (them being in-my-head rather than in-the-world) as just supplementary.

I think this is the get around for that problem- imposition.

When Gray is struggling with too many of us at once, he either makes us go away or pushes us out into imposed space (he uses presence imposition rather than visual).

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

4 hours ago, Mirichu said:

I am in fact checking if Bre wakes up before 12pm

We were this close...

7 hours ago, Luminesce said:

Nice, that's actually kind of weird. How good is your visualization clarity? I imagine once you've got ~average visualization clarity, if you're proficient at imposition it can seem realer. But I'm so used to hearing these super-amazing-ultra-immersive daydreamers say their visualization is lifelike, lol

I'm kind of disappointment that you posted immediately after me and not Mirichu, cuz the way things went if I held out just a little longer then I might have gotten some time. my visualisation is ~80-85% while my imposition can range from 90% to 120%

4 hours ago, Luminesce said:

No, I'm going to be sleeping all day, Bre will be up early enough to still call it morning IMO. You know, 11:59AM

I woke up at ~11:30, but I am only posting this just after 12:00 because I ate breakfast first

3 hours ago, Ranger said:

Possession is usually easier to pick up than switching, but that's not always the case. Usually one of three things happen when you learn possession:

1) You end up switching instead of possessing
2) Your possession changes over time and it upgrades into switching naturally
3) You master possession, but you require other skills/experience to learn how to switch

However, if you fall into the third category, your personal training can also override full-body possession. Shield is the perfect example of this, they re-wired their mind with training to achieve switching, but in doing so they overrode their ability to perform full body possession. They didn't lose their partial possession however.

personal training overriding possession is pretty common, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to undo. really, it is just the result of not caring about possession very much because switching is so much better

3 hours ago, Ranger said:

This was also to address the point made about the "fear mongering" asmask did. It is possible to lose full-body possession when you learn switching, and we trained so we didn't lose full body possession.

that's the thing: you are way overly cautious with what you do with switching because you think that it will mess up your possession, when in reality as long as you put in just a bit of effort you can keep them separate just fine. I've never heard of them becoming the same in systems that care about them being separate

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

(edited)
2 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

that's the thing: you are way overly cautious with what you do with switching because you think that it will mess up your possession, when in reality as long as you put in just a bit of effort you can keep them separate just fine. I've never heard of them becoming the same in systems that care about them being separate

I have been scared to lose our possession to switching just from our internal experiences. Since learning how to switch, our possession changed a little bit. I easily go quiet, and Ranger possessing me felt a little too much like he was switching with me at times.

The line between our full body possession and switching is actually quite thin. Ranger and my headmates have enjoyed feeling alone in the body with possession and can be really productive in that state. And then when we're interrupted for dinner I'm walking to go get it, immediately or almost immediately kicking everyone from the front. Before regaining control, I'm as dissociated as if Ranger were switched-in, if not really close to it.

Sometimes I wonder if mindset is one of the only reasons we have both in the first place, but for some reason that slight change in experience makes a huge difference for Ranger so I feel like our mindset has acted as some sort of unconscious training or something. If course, I'm too hesitant to try and test our switching simply because I believe Ranger's switching isn't stable enough yet.

Plus, I think our switch is weaker than other systems because we still have possession. I can still easily move after Ranger switches in, where other systems report a loss of movement once switched-out. Ranger being slow to accept me possessing him is partly because Ranger can't do long stretches and I haven't possessed him while taking to my parents, which is the only thing stopping Ranger from being switched-in for a week.

personal training overriding possession is pretty common, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to undo. really, it is just the result of not caring about possession very much because switching is so much better

I'm not aware of many systems who have both, and if they do I don't know many systems who have both full body possession and switching.

I agree that re-learning or learning possession after switching should be possible, but I don't know anyone who has achieved possession like this or know how easy it is to do.

[Ranger] There are lots of benefits to full body possession people overlook once they learn switching.

One of them is it gives more control over the body to everyone in the system. Once you're switched-in, you're in charge of everything. Once my switching is developed, there will be no risk to losing the front accidentally, not even a headmate trying to possess me could take it. I already have crowd control when switched-in, and having the ability to control who is or isn't fronting is a cool ability.

The second is your headmates can casually hang out while you're in the middle of something. You don't need to impose them, and them looking through the eyes to check out what's going on doesn't stop you from going back to your task and it doesn't switch them in. It also makes co-fronting easier to perform.

The third is our possession doesn't completely connect you to the body, and that's very useful. Being in the front can drag you down, but it's more severe when you're switched-in. Having that little extra distance can make doing certain things more bearable.

Fourth, I don't know exactly how our back-seat fronting works, but it requires the switched-out headmate to do most of the thinking and enough awareness of the environment to give instructions. This state is incredibly useful when the fronter is overwhelmed and struggling to think, and it's surprisingly stable. If possession was key to making this state possible, it would be a shame if other systems couldn't experience it.

Edited by Cat_ShadowGriffin

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

31 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

The second is your headmates can casually hang out while you're in the middle of something. You don't need to impose them, and them looking through the eyes to check out what's going on doesn't stop you from going back to your task and it doesn't switch them in. It also makes co-fronting easier to perform.

what? can you not hang out with your headmates and can your headmates not use the body's senses unless they are possessing? also, I'm not totally certain what your definition of co fronting is. the thing that we do that seems to be best described as co fronting doesn't involve possession

36 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

The third is our possession doesn't completely connect you to the body, and that's very useful. Being in the front can drag you down, but it's more severe when you're switched-in. Having that little extra distance can make doing certain things more bearable.

I have no idea what you are talking about with this. for us, boring things are just a boring no matter how close to the front you are unless you are inactive

40 minutes ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

Fourth, I don't know exactly how our back-seat fronting works, but it requires the switched-out headmate to do most of the thinking and enough awareness of the environment to give instructions. This state is incredibly useful when the fronter is overwhelmed and struggling to think, and it's surprisingly stable. If possession was key to making this state possible, it would be a shame if other systems couldn't experience it.

that isn't possession though, that's just having a switched out headmate tell the switched in headmate what to do

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I didn't even know people had different visualization levels. That's intriguing. Mine just feels kind of similar to a dream, but my eyes are open.

I can get more of a feel in dreams though, like falling or flying. If I visualize myself flying, I don't feel anything, but I have given myself vertigo when I get into daydreaming.

I don't know what kind of percentage I would call it.

Well good ole Daria still hasn't said a peep. Could I be blocking her somehow?

Superfluous heart activate! 💖 -shwing-