[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

(edited)
1 hour ago, loopsi17 said:

Do the triangle thing
Make a small opening with your hands and focus on an object far away
Close an eye, if your vision gets blocked, the closed eye is dominant, if your vision isn't blocked, the open eye is dominant

Whoah, that was weird. I read this conversation thinking it sounded kind of stupid, but then I made a small triangle with my hands to look through and looked at your avatar - I literally just thought I was looking at your avatar normally - and closed my right eye, could still see it exactly the same. Closed my left eye instead, and... it just disappeared. - To be fair I just tried it with something on the other side of my screen and the inverse happened, so I was like oh, is it just if I'm looking at something to the left or right? Turned around and looked through the triangle at a light switch straight ahead, closed my right eye and could still see it, closed my left instead and it was gone again.

Seems like the test works, it's basically checking to see which eye you prioritize seeing with when only one can see the thing. I'm extremely right-handed, but apparently I default to looking at something with my left eye, not my right.

To be clear, the test result is decided before you've closed either eye - while focusing on the thing in the triangle, you have a choice of moving your hands a little to the right or left to focus on it, either of which would allow one eye to see the object, but if you've got your hands and the object set up right, only one or the other will work. Closing one or the other eye shows you which you/your brain decided on. It's still very easy/possible to move your hands a bit and look with the other eye, but I think the idea of "dominant" is which one you choose naturally.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mine's just in between. not happy

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

(edited)

So you made a small (like an inch wide at best) triangle with your hands and stuck them out, then tried to focus on something small you're looking at, and... well obviously you didn't, because it's impossible to see what you're looking at in that scenario with both eyes. While lining up the triangle with the object in the distance, you have to make a choice on where you place your hands so that one of your eyes can see it. I just tried this with an outlet and I cannot balance where my hands are to make it visible to both - between seeing it with my left, and seeing it with my right, it becomes completely invisible. Gotta move left or right just a smidge for one of my eyes to be able to see it.

I mean you could have "no preference" if you naturally do it either way I guess, but you either can't see the thing or you can, so a decision has to be made if you're doing it right.

Personally every time I do it I naturally line it up so that my left eye sees it (which if I'm not paying attention to how my hands move, is not apparent until I close one of my eyes) consistently, so if you don't, then you're ambi-eye-trous

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

52 minutes ago, aubreyshield said:

mine's just in between. not happy

that's just how it is for some people. I had to do a dominant eye test in PE and they concluded that I didn't have a dominant eye either. I doubt that it really matters for much though

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I forgot shield already tried this one Cassidy posted in the cBox-

07335aac7f76d42ac180762a195d6ac8.gif

I think this would make more sense if you see the video where the triangle thing came from-

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I just tried that test and it depended on which hand I used

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

that's just how it is for some people. I had to do a dominant eye test in PE and they concluded that I didn't have a dominant eye either. I doubt that it really matters for much though

What does that mean though? Ambidextrous would mean you happen to look with whichever eye happens to work at the time when given an option, but you should still be able to do the test. Being "ambidextrous" with your eyes would actually be really bad if it meant your eyes just give up on seeing if they can't both see something, so the triangle test is still important in that sense I guess?

@vid thumbnail, I actually used a much smaller triangle, all fingers out with my hands crossed over each other. I feel like that would make this test work in a few more cases based on the object/distance someone chooses. Also weirdly, when just looking straight ahead at my monitor (at that clock lol), it was actually my right eye that I focused with first, and then after writing this I did it again and it was my left again. I can't figure out the difference in a "dominant eye" and a dominant which-way-you-decide-to-move-your-hands

Edited by Luminesce

40 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

What does that mean though? Ambidextrous would mean you happen to look with whichever eye happens to work at the time when given an option, but you should still be able to do the test. Being "ambidextrous" with your eyes would actually be really bad if it meant your eyes just give up on seeing if they can't both see something, so the triangle test is still important in that sense I guess?

I can't totally remember the test that I did in PE because it was a few years ago, but I think that it was some sort of 2 person test where the tester held out there hands in a triangle with their arms fully extended so that they could just barely see the face of the face of the teste, and then the teste was supposed close one eye and see if the face of the other person was obscured or not or something. I can't remember it super well, but I remember that I was sort of able to see part of the other persons face regardless of which eye was closed. also, I propose that we call it "ambioculous" to be more clear

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

okay, turns out i wasn't ambiwhatever, i wasn't doing it wrong, it's just a terrible test

it assumes your brain has the intuition to instantly use the dominant eye, which clearly isn't the case always

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]