Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, uncannyfellow said:

Hmm... despite how tired I felt for my 4 hours awake, I still struggled to get my polyphasic sleep... well, I gave up about 1.5 hours in because I was hungry, so that certainly didn't help

I dunno where you heard about polyphasic sleep, but if it wasn't from Steve I highly recommend you read through his experience with it as I learned an awful lot following this (and his biphasic sleep thing later). You have to be very, very persistent with your sleep and wake times for a good amount of time before your brain will switch, especially for polyphasic as opposed to biphasic. That often means lying down for the allotted time whether you sleep or not, and then staying awake no matter how tired you are until your next allotted sleep time - and then waking up when you're supposed to even though you'll be extremely tired, etc. etc.

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/10/polyphasic-sleep/

Reading through his stuff will at least show you what to expect, if not how to succeed at it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'd do polyphasic sleep if we lived alone. It's impossible when you have a dog and people who definitely wouldn't understand that you need your "naps" in the middle of the day, why can't you walk the dog, why can't you play with the dog right now, etc etc. I think we have good natural tendency for it- we wake up at 2AM as if it's morning, and sometimes I'll stay up for a few hours, then go back to sleep. As in, sleep from 10 to 2AM, then sleep from 5 to 7AM. 

We used to have an old copy of photoshop off a disc, but they don't really do that anymore, not to mention this laptop doesn't have a disc drive. It's all subscription-based.... I dislike the idea of subscription-based programs. 

@Breloomancer requesting analysis of the word "printer" in our idiolect. Printer rhymes with inner and winter and is very close to "prayer." I don't have to touch anything in my mouth with my tongue. 

It occurred to us we might have a little more hick in our voice than we thought.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

So I guess what I was trying would more rightly be described as biphasic. That whole 6 half-hour naps thing sounds nuts to me. I'm not convinced it's a good substitute for 8 hours of sleep straight, especially given the lack of long-term studies on it. I have heard of people doing biphasic sleep occasionally to induce lucid dreams, and while I've toyed with the idea of doing it consistently before, I'm always put off by the fact that I"d be missing out on opportunities to socialize.

This isn't the first time I've done it, but - I'm normally only awake for two hours. Today I was awake for four hours, thinking that'd make me more tired and give me a better chance of falling asleep... that didn't work out. Then again, I was being pretty sedentary on my computer. I wonder if I had taken a hike, or done jumping jacks between chapters of Slay the Spire, if things would've gone differently

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

I thought this was awesome.

Completely unrelated to this site except that Scooby was probably Shaggy's tulpa.

20200622_135927.jpg

Superfluous heart activate! 💖 -shwing-

According to Game Theory, Scooby is actually an alien from the planet that the aliens in that one episode were from. He doesn't seem to consider himself a dog either, he asks all the time "Rog? Where?".

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.