[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

I feel like this is an easy fix. I bet someone can go back and edit the correct posts if necessary, and most of the people who posted the more recent milestones are still around.

the easiest fix is to just not get rid of the occasional non-spammy double post, especially old ones. I am pretty certain that you are the only one who actually cares. also, you can't just edit the posts, because by changing who got that post number, you are taking away the victory that that person got fair and square and giving it to someone else.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yay

Please don't double post, double posting in this forum game is basically cheating.

the rules of this game;

you literally can't cheat unless you use a bot (which there is an unwritten rule against)...

23 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I am pretty certain that you are the only one who actually cares.

OUCHIE but true

aren't you gonna add polite fluff around it to make it seem like less of a dig?

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

Seems to me like a suggestion to stop caring, though for me it's the reverse, it does more damage than good. The damage being when people go back to look at thread post goals, the good being nothing at all because no one was going to see random posts and even if they did double posts don't bother anyone in a fluff game like this

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

3 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

I didn't realize that that sounded like a dig

i realised that after i posted - yeah sorry. i was speaking to a really sensitive person so i was kinda overly on-the-radar about stuff that could be seen as rude or offensive

Aubrey (they/them) speaks like this and Shield (they/them) speaks like this... haha just kidding. Ah, memories.

Our profile picture is of Shield, because that's who mostly uses this account...

[the outdated lore]

(edited)
3 hours ago, Matsuri said:

[Matsi] Helo

[Kuri] Hi
[Xar] Good evening

[Evergreen] It's a system hello party! We should do one sometime! But later though, Gray's tired.

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

the easiest fix is to just not get rid of the occasional non-spammy double post, especially old ones. I am pretty certain that you are the only one who actually cares.

Like I said, I feel like a serious thread should be about this so we don't talk about it and then do nothing about it.

I'm concerned that if you can double post, so can everyone else, and then things can get really spammy. As for really old posts, I don't have a way of getting those yet, so we may need to return to this when I actually have the power to do so.

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

also, you can't just edit the posts, because by changing who got that post number, you are taking away the victory that that person got fair and square and giving it to someone else.

I'm not going to edit people's posts, I'm suggesting whoever happens to have a post on whatever special number should go back and edit their post. If this is important, then I think the extra effort is worth it.

3 hours ago, aubreyshield said:

OUCHIE but true

aren't you gonna add polite fluff around it to make it seem like less of a dig?

I read it as a tease and not a personal dig. It was just an argument (persuasive, not necessarily mean) for why I shouldn't go back and edit posts.

I'm obsessed with fair play, and I think someone who "cheats" by taking advantage of double posts and also says I shouldn't punish double posts by merging them doesn't really have a leg to stand on. However, I think the going back and looking at special posts is an interesting argument, and since I am using moderator abilities here I think it's worth to have a serious discussion about this.

For forum games or otherwise, it drives me nuts when you guys want change and then don't make a thread about it. Why?

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

No official change necessary, just only take action on problematic posts and not ones you see as not perfectly fitting a rule exactly as it was written, even though no one else on the forum would find issue with it.

To be fair I'm not even talking about double posts, but an unrelated post by another systemmate some time after a different systemmate had posted. As long as they're both productive (or in forum games' cases, not disruptive) and more than, like, 15 minutes apart (but preferably longer), it seems perfectly fine. I can't imagine making a rule so wordy as to add in that "exception" though - it's far better for mods to just only action action-worthy rule breaking and allow harmless stuff on its own.

My system will be here to help sort things out or defend actions if need be, so you shouldn't have to worry much about drama like someone taking examples of rules not being enforced or something. We'll argue on the Staff's behalf just as well as anyone else's. Sooner, really.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I'm concerned that if you can double post, so can everyone else, and then things can get really spammy.

I am saying don't concern yourself with non spammy double posts. if someone is posting the same thing over and over again or double posting excessively, then that can get annoying, but if it is just an occasional thing or part of the punchline to a joke, then I don't see a problem with it

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I'm not going to edit people's posts, I'm suggesting whoever happens to have a post on whatever special number should go back and edit their post. If this is important, then I think the extra effort is worth it.

I was using the generic you, so I wasn't referring specifically to you. what I mean is that there is some intense competition to get posts on some special numbers, and so by changing who has that post you are taking it away from whoever earned it and giving it to someone who didn't

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I read it as a tease and not a personal dig.

it is neither a tease nor a personal dig

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

I'm obsessed with fair play, and I think someone who "cheats" by taking advantage of double posts and also says I shouldn't punish double posts by merging them doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

please please please tell me how double posting gives you an advantage. this game only cares about time as the last poster, so it doesn't help you at all to post more when you are already the last poster. the only reason why I care about getting double posts is because you care about making sure that I don't have double posts

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

For forum games or otherwise, it drives me nuts when you guys want change and then don't make a thread about it. Why?

I just don't see the need to make a thread about this, and we started talking about it in this thread, so it only makes sense to continue to talk about it in this thread

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Worth stating I agree with everything Bre's been saying, I wasn't saying anything about it because I was letting him do it for me lol