• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)
On 7/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, reguile said:

I am posting here only to take your crown, breloo

Oh hey, you posted here. Howdy.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:23 PM, Luminesce said:

absolutely considered the name "Luminous" when I was coming up with my username in, what, late 2014? I was definitely feeling the root word "Lumi-",

Why do Cat and I remember calling you "Luminescence"? Did you change your name to "Luminesce" recently or are we making that up?

On 7/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, aubreyshield said:

considering all the times you've double posted, ranger should ban you for spam...

I'm not banning anyone for double posting in a forum game.

Even just in general, I don't keep track of accidental double posts. I know the forum software gets laggy every now and then and an instant double post will spawn.

Usually double posting is an issue when I realize someone doesn't know that's a rule, but after I explain to them it's usually not a problem. I don't believe I ever gave someone an informal warning for double posting, much less give them a formal warning. I never gave someone warning points for excessive and repeated double posting.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Breloomancer said:

do y'all get lots of anxiety around getting caught doing ordinary things that there is no reason for anyone to get upset with you for doing or is it just me?

That happens to us a lot...

Mostly I don't like it when Cat's parents are around and I'm trying to mind my own business. Cat on the other hand has a lot more trouble with panicking about something she doesn't have to panic about.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, Nyarlat-hotep said:

I'm guilty of seeing the posts but never commenting because I can't think of anything to say.

Yeah, same here. Shitposting only gets you so far sadly.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:22 PM, Breloomancer said:

I want to write a story about people who suddenly gained perfect telepathy with each other that they cannot turn off. it would be like the opposite of tulpamancy, because in gaining this telepathy they would mentally merge into one identity and they would then have to re learn to separate themselves into their original identities, or they could decide to create some new mental arrangement that would not have been previously possible.

I want to write this story, and I want to write it just to write it because I probably wouldn't show it to anyone else, but I don't want to take the time to write it, since I am already taking the time to do so many other things. I have become so efficient that there really isn't anything that I do that I waste time on that I could cut out of my schedule. sometimes I wish that the world was less interesting, so that I wouldn't always be missing out on something, even if whatever I am doing is already interesting and fulfilling

There is one inspirational Discord post I shall quote now that perfectly sums up my thoughts:

dooo it

On 7/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Matsuri said:

This post is brought to you by Bregang

I didn't know I could quote this, interesting.

That's more of a me thing, I don't ever recall Bre using "yeah" in his posts.

On 7/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, Breloomancer said:

.I see!

You seemed to hold that in for about 25-40ish posts.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:24 PM, Breloomancer said:

here. I don't know if you can see. please explain you sensory experience briefly so that I may help you determine whether or not you are sighted

I see

On 7/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, aubreyshield said:

messages on discord

posts on forum

I feel like I gravitate between both and Discord pulls me in a lot. And then I give up on Discord and I come back to the forums.

I'm glad I'm not a global mod...

On 7/22/2020 at 7:53 PM, Luminesce said:

Private posts

This is actually possible. Now granted I don't know if users can create threads in YDP, but if you wanted a personal thread I can help you make one.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, Samantha said:

Daria is just tip toeing closer to vocality. I refuse to talk for her so it probably would have been faster if I did.

At this point I wonder if you just sitting next to Daria in silence would be more effective. That way she can break the silence and talk to you.

14 hours ago, Luminesce said:

After using Discord all day I'm considering maybe the difference is my system has always avoided the IRC and Discord or other more tiring mediums of talking. Because the Discord server is exhausting

Yeah, it is. I'm also less familiar with the new Discord clique, although the discord clique seems to change at light speed compared to here, where the LOTPW clique remains largely unchanged.

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

Help vampires sound cute. Are they like Oompa Loompas?

Uh... I'm going to go with no.

In my experience, help vampires are the following:

-Insecure, anxious, desperate

-Obsessed about their problem

-Don't absorb your advice or deflect it for whatever reason

-Ask the same questions over and over again hoping for a magic fix to their problem(s) you can't give them.

So they look more like this:

Cartoon Nervous Vampire Stock Illustration 108911408

All help vampires are exhausting, but help vampires are not evil. Most just have mental health issues a therapist needs to address and there's not much you can do to help them. The sad reality of being a help vampire is they sometimes get banned if they get really unhinged or become attacked by other people after they have been collectively pissed off, which just makes the vampire even more insecure and more in need of help.

1 hour ago, Breloomancer said:

when it is a different person every time then it isn't as bad, because if it is a common question then you can eventually write something out that you can link to someone every time they ask that thing

I agree. Answering 10 newbie questions in BQG back-to-back sounds far less painful and exhausting than two weeks of non-stop help vampirisim from one person.

Oh man, I’m such a help vampire. I did a lot of research though before I came here, I just figured these threads are throw away like one word nonsense half the time, what’s the harm in asking questions that are probably answered a hundred times. In my defense, it’s a valid way to play a game where you literally have to just post. Why would you be annoyed by new people asking questions? 😭

I'm not annoyed by your questions. Trust me, you haven't seen what's out there.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

There are some questions where the answers are hard to find/you'll get conflicting information. There's no community consensus on parallel processing, for instance, so asking questions on that would be more than fair game. Similarly, when Cornelia and I were looking for information on tulpa-merges, we found vanishingly little, resulting in her starting a thread on that. In other words, if you did your research and you still don't know the answer, ask away

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

15 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Why do Cat and I remember calling you "Luminescence"? Did you change your name to "Luminesce" recently or are we making that up?

... no... people just don't know how to read. I'm pretty sure more people read my name wrong than who do correctly

Oh man, I’m such a help vampire. I did a lot of research though before I came here, I just figured these threads are throw away like one word nonsense half the time, what’s the harm in asking questions that are probably answered a hundred times. In my defense, it’s a valid way to play a game where you literally have to just post. Why would you be annoyed by new people asking questions? 😭

I don't think there are any help vampires on the forum right now at all. And on the Discord as I said it's no one's fault, since there's no organized backlog of information (no one should be expected to read through #tulpa-discussion's history lol, probably a waste of time). Normal threads asking questions are great and what keep the forum alive. It's actually mods' jobs to delete(and link to an existing thread of)/merge low-effort threads anyways, so we only get pretty normal questions.

I dunno, I haven't seen much help vampire stuff on the forum since like 2016 or so

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

41 minutes ago, aubreyshield said:

DAMN YOU

: - )

27 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I never gave someone warning points for excessive and repeated double posting.

maybe not in real life, but you certainly did give me warning points for double posting in a dream that I had

28 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Yeah, same here. Shitposting only gets you so far sadly.

shitposting hasn't failed me yet

28 minutes ago, Ranger said:

There is one inspirational Discord post I shall quote now that perfectly sums up my thoughts:

I was going to, but instead I got distracted by theorizing about potential bird person anatomy

29 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I see

I have concluded that you are indeed able to see

31 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Yeah, it is. I'm also less familiar with the new Discord clique, although the discord clique seems to change at light speed compared to here, where the LOTPW clique remains largely unchanged.

the LOTPW crew and the discord crew have both changed quite a bit over the years. people are more likely to leave for a few days on discord and then come back though, just due to the nature of discord. also, the discord crew is significantly larger than the LOTPW crew

14 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I dunno, I haven't seen much help vampire stuff on the forum since like 2016 or so

there have definitely been a few pretty major help vampires since I have been on the forums. I won't name names though, because I don't want to start collective complaining about them

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

To be fair, I consider "Ridiculous questions" and "Ugh questions" different things. There's been a fair amount of the former

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

7 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

maybe not in real life, but you certainly did give me warning points for double posting in a dream that I had

I don't think there's much I can do about the version of me in your dreams. Just ignore him, he seems like a dick.

24 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

What Bre said. Although, I have seen some help vampirisim on the cBox and on Discord as well.

To be fair, I was a bit of a help vampire when I was trying to learn how to switch.

Just now, Luminesce said:

To be fair, I consider "Ridiculous questions" and "Ugh questions" different things. There's been a fair amount of the former

To me there's "eh" questions, "okay..." questions, and "ugh" questions. I usually see those before I see ridiculous questions. I can't think of any ridiculous questions off the top of my head though.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

what is the difference then? asking "how do I visualize a X object" 15 different times for different objects seems like "ugh questions" to me

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me