[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

(edited)

I mean, my mind is kind of a productive/positive-thinking personal development beast at this point in my life, meticulously patched together from years and years of learning and thinking about myself, the world, and others. It's all oriented towards improving yourself and creating the most fulfilling life experience you can have. So my feelings about any one given subject aim in that direction, but are basically all ~original thoughts on the matters (or at least other people's thoughts I've thought through and adapted to my self).

Uhhhh... are you asking me to give mindset advice on dealing with body dysphoria? That's quite a heavy and long-winded topic... And in the end, the answers different people come to on the subject for what's best for them do vary. I'm biased towards just accepting yourself how you are and changing how you think about yourself, but most trans people would far rather get as close as possible to just being their preferred gender in any ways that they can, so I barely even like to give advice on this in the first place.

Well, I feel like tulpamancy might help at least. Maybe separating your sense of self/identity from your body can help. I haven't had to do that, but my tulpas obviously have, else they'd be dysphoric whenever switching. But they have an understanding that it's just the body they're in, and the only physical one they're going to have, and they accept it perfectly fine. But they come from a system (well, my brain) that basically "solved" all these sorts of problems a long time ago, so it wasn't particularly hard.

I don't know, you've really got to figure out what the best answers for you are yourself. But I usually don't recommend denying physical reality, and wishing for things that are impossible. The general plan for dealing with that stuff in my opinion is "Accept that things are the way they are, and then you can work towards changing them to be better with no fear of failure or lack of change", I guess.

3 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

well you can be upset about being reincarnated, but I don't see how that leads to genocide. they didn't cause you to reincarnate

The reincarnation thing wasn't related lol, I'm sorry I put them together. My intent was just "doing the opposite of what your higher self wanted to do in life", presupposing the very positive-oriented intentions and all that Erin Pavlina's (and some other communities') New Age Spirituality teachings claim

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think sperating my identity from my body is something I've done a lot throughout my life. When I was like 4 I wanted to be spiderman. When I was 5+ I wanted to be trunks. Eventually I created my own characters though, and I decided I wanted to be them. So I spend almost all my waking life pretending I am them in my head.

Is this why I have dysphoria? I caused it myself because I'm a stupid kid?

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)

maybe it is, maybe it isn't. regardless, don't beat yourself up over things that happened in the past

Edited by Breloomancer

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

(edited)

Okay. It's just hard to not be mad at life. I enjoyed what I did and it is only reason I got through school(barely). I wish I thought of Rena sooner too. Oh well. Just don't live far enough in the future for the afterlife to be discovered/ability to upload brain into a robot that is perfectly human. And yeah sorry that I get sad easy and a lot. I feel I bring a lot of negativity. Didn't expect this to have to all come up. I hope I'm Ok

Edited by TB

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)

there are so many things that could have worked out differently and could have been better, but that isn't how it happened, and you can't change it, so the only option is to accept it and move on

reality isn't perfect, that's the beauty of it

Edited by Breloomancer

-Me

(edited)
11 minutes ago, TB said:

And yeah sorry that I get sad easy and a lot. I feel I bring a lot of negativity. Didn't expect this to have to all come up. I hope I'm Ok

I still prefer helping people to posting ".!"/fluff, actually

It's very normal to be mad at life. Though I think taking responsibility instead of being upset about the things you can't control is always closer to progress. Denying the way things are never gets you any closer to dealing with them or making them better. Accepting that things are the way they are, while it feels like giving up/saying you don't want them to change, puts you in a much better place to actually start working on changing them.

If I was still depressed and cynical, believing the world was heading to inevitable death and that nothing mattered, I would still be doing nothing about those things. So "ironically", now that I see all life as "perfect" and accept that things are the way they are, I'm more actively helping to make the world a better place than ever before. I don't know how to explain why it works like this, but it does. Taking responsibility for things by accepting they are how they are, and not denying that, just naturally puts you in a better place to make them better.

I guess there's a fundamental difference in "accepting things are the way they are", and "saying everything is the way you want it". There's still infinite things I'd like to change about the world if I get the chance, but naturally. I'm not denying the way things are, the way the world works - I would not wish for anything if I had 3 wishes from a genie. I don't want to cheat at life, I've officially accepted the rules of the game and just want to play it to the best of my ability.

I'm a lot more productive when I'm actually mining diamonds than when I'm just sitting there wishing I could spawn in diamonds, thinking about spawning in diamonds, looking up mods that let me cheat in diamonds.....

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

you can't cheat at life because there are no rules. this is a problem actually, sometimes I feel like I want to rebel and go against whatever whoever put me here wants me to do, but since I have no instructions for what I am supposed to do, I can only assume that if there is any sort of reason why I am here, it is to see what I would do here, and if that is the intention then it is impossible to go against that, because no matter what I do, it would always be something that I did. even if I did nothing, I still would have done something. the only solution that I have found is to not care why I was put here, or who put me here, until I get further information

-Me

I know a lot of this stuff intellectually already actually. I technically thought I gave up carring about the way I looked. I even told my trans friend basically something similar as to what you told me. I don't know why getting discovered made my body react so negatively. I guess I do have deep repressed feelings of it still. Only work I could do to solve my problem though is become like the best computer scientist in the world, and I can't do that. I also know one is supposed to look at the world as being perfect... but I haven't got that far yet. With climate change and corrupt governments etc, I"m really devastated by all those face.

But yeah I'm just my profile picture, I usually imagine others as their profile picture too. I don't go outside so it works and it might as well be me. That's the best fix. I don't have anything for when I do have to someday go outside though

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

what does the world being perfect even mean? for the world to be perfect it would have to be designed for some specific function, and nobody knows if the universe was designed, let alone if it was designed for any reason, let alone what that reason is, so no, the world is not perfect

-Me

From a Buddhist perspective, the world is the way it is now due to causes and conditions. It couldn't have happened any other way. This process we call existence is happening "perfectly", with nothing supernaturally outside of it to disrupt it in any way.

If you can't do anything else, never give up.