Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, TB said:

And I'm still stuck between if she's at her potential or if I'm far behind.

. . .

I wish things could be like that x10 all the time

The one thing I can tell you, unmistakably no matter what, is that every aspect of your current experience can be improved, and that there are absolutely people having a thoroughly immersive and fulfilling tulpamancy experience. How you can get there, what kinds of difficulties you'll have that they didn't, how long it'll take, or if it's worth it are questions I can't answer, those change per person. But I can say with total certainty that vocal clarity, independence/autonomy, and all other tulpamancy skills can be improved with practice or practice-in-different-ways/mindsets/perspectives. And they generally aren't achieved just by believing they'll be better, lol, though the jury is out on how limiting the average tulpamancer's beliefs are on their experiences.

Sprul-pas were the original "tulpa" concept in Tibetan Buddhism, the eminence-body kind. They're what Alexandra David-Neel was studying and claimed to have made in the book Magic and Mystery in Tibet, where she created the word tulpa by uh, localizing sprul-pa wrong, lol. The point of a sprul-pa was to teach the creator of them that a not-real thing becoming real showed the relative un-real-ness of the world in general, and accepting the fake-become-real sprul-pa was still fake despite seeming real would supposedly teach you that everything you thought was real was also fake. I guess. Everything I just said is my understanding without going back and looking anything up

Anyways, my point was that "indistinguishable from reality" is an untrue, unhealthy concept to strive for. Even people with incredibly advanced imposition still know what they're imposing is just being imposed and is not actually "real", they've just trained themselves to treat the imposed senses as real. Anyone who goes past that point is losing their grip on reality a bit, or a lot. But it really shouldn't be necessary to go past that point anyways, an understanding of the nature of imposition doesn't stop you from training the skill to unparalleled levels of realness if you're truly dedicated. 

13 hours ago, jean-luc said:

anyways stats are back

https://stats.jean-luc.org/

LOTPW stats are back!!! The last-postingness scoreboard has returned! I was honestly not 100% sure that it would lol, but I highly appreciate it.

... wow, I am exactly one hour ahead of Lucilyn right now. That's some scary timing. I also don't mind having to add system times up manually, as nifty a feature as that was, I figured it was dead when the forum migration happened.

Anyways I'm back on page **59 of **70 so I'm just going to post this now and respond to anything else in a second post

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh, I opted to continue it more or less for at least another week. It hasn't changed my actual baseline motivation at all, but I have done a handful of more productive/fulfilling things than I usually do in a week. I didn't set up my kanji-learning flash card program or go back to installing linux, let alone go out and get a job, but I did an okay amount of random activities I appreciate having done more than if I'd spent the time where I normally do, internet-ing.

Results not even close to close to what I'd hope for as a minimum, but not so inconclusive it's not worth doing for longer to keep seeing. Probably just letting myself do internet stuff too much still, anyways.

Also for reference, Reisen + Flandre's Last Postingness is about 1w5d, mixed with Tewi's 3w2d means our time is {Mine} + {Lucilyn's} + 5weeks, for quick addition for the next good-amount-of-time

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

36 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

The one thing I can tell you, unmistakably no matter what, is that every aspect of your current experience can be improved, and that there are absolutely people having a thoroughly immersive and fulfilling tulpamancy experience. How you can get there, what kinds of difficulties you'll have that they didn't, how long it'll take, or if it's worth it are questions I can't answer, those change per person. But I can say with total certainty that vocal clarity, independence/autonomy, and all other tulpamancy skills can be improved with practice or practice-in-different-ways/mindsets/perspectives. And they generally aren't achieved just by believing they'll be better, lol, though the jury is out on how limiting the average tulpamancer's beliefs are on their experiences.

Sprul-pas were the original "tulpa" concept in Tibetan Buddhism, the eminence-body kind. They're what Alexandra David-Neel was studying and claimed to have made in the book Magic and Mystery in Tibet, where she created the word tulpa by uh, localizing sprul-pa wrong, lol. The point of a sprul-pa was to teach the creator of them that a not-real thing becoming real showed the relative un-real-ness of the world in general, and accepting the fake-become-real sprul-pa was still fake despite seeming real would supposedly teach you that everything you thought was real was also fake. I guess. Everything I just said is my understanding without going back and looking anything up

Anyways, my point was that "indistinguishable from reality" is an untrue, unhealthy concept to strive for. Even people with incredibly advanced imposition still know what they're imposing is just being imposed and is not actually "real", they've just trained themselves to treat the imposed senses as real. Anyone who goes past that point is losing their grip on reality a bit, or a lot. But it really shouldn't be necessary to go past that point anyways, an understanding of the nature of imposition doesn't stop you from training the skill to unparalleled levels of realness if you're truly dedicated. 

LOTPW stats are back!!! The last-postingness scoreboard has returned! I was honestly not 100% sure that it would lol, but I highly appreciate it.

... wow, I am exactly one hour ahead of Lucilyn right now. That's some scary timing. I also don't mind having to add system times up manually, as nifty a feature as that was, I figured it was dead when the forum migration happened.

Anyways I'm back on page **59 of **70 so I'm just going to post this now and respond to anything else in a second post

I see. I'm not sure if we mean same thing by indistinguishable from reality, because I believe they make the clarification you can still tell they are imposed as opposed to a real person, but everything else, to how they look and manifeset in reality (not physically but visually to you) is just the same as if someone was actually standing there.

Are there other resources I could go for help since there is nothing left here that can it seems? I do have a few things to work on now though talking to a friend, maybe it will help. But I hate feeling alone in this again. I really need tulpa therapy, but no therpist is going to understand or have any good advice about this.

Also, 74, wow

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

29 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Oh, I opted to continue it more or less for at least another week. It hasn't changed my actual baseline motivation at all, but I have done a handful of more productive/fulfilling things than I usually do in a week. I didn't set up my kanji-learning flash card program or go back to installing linux, let alone go out and get a job, but I did an okay amount of random activities I appreciate having done more than if I'd spent the time where I normally do, internet-ing.

Results not even close to close to what I'd hope for as a minimum, but not so inconclusive it's not worth doing for longer to keep seeing. Probably just letting myself do internet stuff too much still, anyways.

well that's too bad that it didn't work as well as you hoped. good luck with your continuation of it

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Then there are Tukpas, Tulupas, and the dreaded Tulplas, but we don't talk about them.

[SheShe] I'm looking forward to the next round of Space Engineers with my sisters, Gwen remembers it fondly. 

"To me, every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle." Walt Whitman

And I thought I was positive.

14 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

let's hope that the forums never migrate again

The promise of years of stability and the forum not randomly going down is literally 100% of the reason I was okay with the migration. The current state of the forum (old thread URL links are broken, as are URLs that could've-been-embedded-naturally-but-were-placed-in-link-text being now embedded retroactively and deleting the text that linked to them, and what I think used to be Hidden tags (spoiler tags got replaced with Hidden tags here, but not Hidden tags iirc) now showing all of their text would be utterly unacceptable to me and I'd demand we go back, if the old forum weren't apparently held together with tape and liable to break at any time.

7 hours ago, TB said:

I already get very sad that there are people 16 years old or so who draw 10 times better than me. I don't want to be in my 30 and 40s and starting from scratch again

I mean I'm happy for them and all, but wow it hurts

*ahem*, three words

"Natural lucid dreamers"

The coolest part is that most of them find lucid dreaming thoroughly uninteresting and tell me it's not worth the effort, lol

14 hours ago, jean-luc said:

You're currently at #9, with 327 people below you. For you to become last, each and every one would have to pass you in last-postingness. Not only are most of those people now inactive and for all we know one of them might be dead, but the overwhelming majority might as well have 0 compared to your 7w 4d, which means it would take at absolute minimum (7w 4d) * 327 ppl = ~48 years for you to become last *if* you stopped posting immediately and there was a massive successful movement to contact everybody on that list and have them comment in a coordinated fasion over the next 48 years while absolutely no one else comments. It would be quite a feat.

I just realized you probably meant you hope not to be last poster, not hope not to be last on the leaderboard.

giphy.gif

this post and perfect gif made me laugh lol

Edited by Luminesce

The problem with living in a small town is that when anxiety kicks you out of the house there's almost nothing to do outside of it. And now with the pandemic it's not adviced to spend too much time in the library, which is like the only place to spend time that I can think of. Sucks. 

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022