[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

8 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

good for you

You should really modify that to like "that's good for you" or something, because "good for you" is almost 100% sarcastic in modern use and only people who specifically know that you don't mean it like that won't take it that way

6 hours ago, Bear said:

@Luminesce hot peppers are a slippery slope gateway drug confirmed.

You guys keep joking about the gateway drug thing, but the fact remains that countless people's lives have been ruined starting with them getting into a "not that dangerous" drug. It's really not up for debate that this is a thing, and that drugs are dangerous. Bre himself did plenty of research and was in a good place mentally to be experimenting with drugs, but most people who consider drug use aren't, and it's really not something to be made light of. There's been several people on this forum who replied to topics about drug use who had friends whose lives were ruined or even died after getting into drugs. The drugs themselves may not (or may) kill you, but they and all the context around them certainly do ruin lives that otherwise still had a strong chance of turning out fine. 

And just because one or two people immediately participating in the conversation may be in a fine place to try using drugs does not mean everyone who sees it is. Take it from someone who just recently found out I accidentally encouraged harmful escapism thinking/behavior by linking what not only should be harmless but was intended to be helpful articles - drugs are a thousand times more likely to screw someone up than some self-help articles. You could very well have a death on your hands from encouraging drug use, if not just the more likely "several years' downward spiral before 1-2 years of rehab" scenario.

Don't ever assume all random people here or anywhere are "smart enough" or see things similarly enough to how you do to not go down a bad path.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Luminesce I actually appreciate how you lecture me about taking things the wrong way, now it's my turn yay!

Yeah, I'm joking about it in a sarcastic way because I believe that addiction is serious issue. I am having fun with you not because we think valarian root or hot peppers are gateway drugs, but because apparently drug talk is a thing in this forum lately and it's accepted like it's no big deal. It's hypocritical in our mind that we can talk freely about that but other subjects that are much much less dangerous are villified.

So there. 

Is it going to change? Naa. Do we care? If we let it get to us, sionara once again, so we're making light of it instead of blowing up about it. We saw someone else blow up here earlier, we saw how well that worked.

Meh.

If this forum doesn't care about making shrooms and acid widely discussed and welcomed, while sleep deprivation and starvation are taboo, then who are we to stop that? You know our stance on them. 

In the spirituality community, drugs, sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation, starvation, sun gazing, all that dumb stuff is talked about freely and it doesn't bother us. Why should it here?

We disagree with any artificial means to hallucinate to connect to your headmates because a lot of that stuff runs the risk of addiction and psychosis.

As many posts as we see about drugs on reddit we see people with posts like: "I took acid once and now I am experiencing derealization/depersonalization" or "my friend smoked weed while taking acid and now she's ruining her life" etc.

Hey, if people are going to do it no matter what we say against it, might as well not make it taboo so we can try to comfort them after they fuck it up.

Edited by Bear

Why do people always talk like the effects of drugs go one way?

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03866252

Here in Murika, we have a huge problem with painkiller addiction, and people don't say "Avoid those painkillers!" They say "Don't get addicted and doctors stop over prescribing that shit" because painkillers clearly have a good side to them

I'm Uncannyfellow's tulpa. I share his head with my sister Cornelia

[Our PR] [Break dem Rules]

Well, the post was written entirely at Bre, but I had to quote you because you were the most recent person to joke about it lol.

And uh, not really going to change how I talk about anything.

Edit: More posts made within 5 seconds of me deciding to post after 5400+ seconds of no posts

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

1 hour ago, Bear said:

If this forum doesn't care about making shrooms and acid widely discussed and welcomed, while sleep deprivation and starvation are taboo, then who are we to stop that?

I've been talking about psychedelics, but I have not been encouraging others to take them, especially not venerable and desperate people. I also think that psychedelics are much safer than sleep deprivation and starvation, but that is kind of besides the point. the context in which you were talking about sleep deprivation and starvation was totally different than this context

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I think we have different ideas of what encouraging can mean, but... I wasn't even necessarily talking about your talking about drugs, I was responding to your sarcastic remarks about gateway drugs.

Talking about how nice it is to have a stroll on the beach just might encourage someone to try it. It's related, relevant and in context to this discussion.

I just think that it is a little silly to have just one mental barrier around all drugs. just because I have taken LSD does not mean that cocaine is now on the table. evidently, not everyone thinks that way and some people do move on to more dangerous stuff, but I still find grouping LSD and other actual dangerous drugs together to be absolutely ridiculous. people who take drink don't start considering dangerous drugs even though coffee contains caffeine, which is a drug. the best way to get other people to realize how ridiculous it is to group in psychedelics with dangerous drugs that I can see is to make fun of the idea of grouping things like that

4 minutes ago, Bear said:

Talking about how nice it is to have a stroll on the beach just might encourage someone to try it. It's related, relevant and in context to this discussion.

there is a big difference between reporting your own experience and telling other people that they should do something or that doing something is no big deal. also, the only one who has reported a good experience with psychedelics here (at least in recent times), has been me, and when I was talking about it I was careful to note what factors I thought helped to make my experience good and that I could easily see the experience not being so good if those factors were absent. Ghost has also reported their experience, but they were disappointment with it, so there is very little risk that anyone was encouraged to take psychedelics from that

-Me

Well at least taking a stroll on the beach isn't illegal.

Just say no to caffeine.

Edited by Bear

it is illegal if it includes walking across the street while not on a crosswalk. just because the law is stupid doesn't mean that we have to be stupid. you know plenty about breaking the rules, Bear

-Me