[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

1 hour ago, TB said:

Apparently success rate of making a tulpa actually isn't very high either and I didn't know that before, so that is discouraging. I guess so many things can go wrong

I don't know the success rate per se, but I wanted to say things can't really "go wrong" (resulting in "failure") in tulpamancy. You can think they did, but if you just thought they didn't instead... The whole process has close to the freedom of imagination itself. The main "failures" are when people quit after just not getting to a point they hear a voice they think isn't there own. There's a lot to say on that subject, though I've said a lot of it to you before already so

1 hour ago, TB said:

I may have misunderstood the full context of the conversation I was having though and maybe he just meant that most tulpamancers experience doubt even when advanced, and not that most tulpamancy attempts end in complete failure.

I mean... yeah? It looked like he was talking about systems still experiencing some level of doubt. That doesn't mean they're not leading fulfilling experiences either, just that doubt can happen here or there. Most members on the forum will say they still experience some level of doubt about something somewhere, which is perfectly normal. It does not mean "nearly no tulpamancers actually believe they have independent tulpas who can talk to them" or something. A lot of doubt regulars have for example is related to switching and possession.

Whether or not old tulpamancers have any doubts still is kind of a coin toss. I wouldn't put too much stock into it though, because they still have tulpas whom they love anyway. I think "doubts" is a term a lot of veteran/regular members think of slightly differently than a beginner/outsider. "Having doubts" basically never implies "doubting the legitimacy of {their} tulpas" in developed systems, but I can see why someone newer to the community might think that. 

Maybe some of said regular members who have various types of "doubts" can respond too, since my system doesn't have any.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

I don't know the success rate per se, but I wanted to say things can't really "go wrong" in tulpamancy. You can think they did, but if you just thought they didn't instead... The whole process has close to the freedom of imagination itself.

That is so weird to me. It again makes me also doubt if there is anything wrong with my tulpa and I'm experiencing the same exact thing as everyone else but just not satisfied because I thought it was something different, and it also happens to be something I have been use to for a long time. I don't know. Trying to figure out whatever is wrong with what is happening to me is exhausting. You make it sound like you just decide for things to be the way you want and they will be that way and to just go with it. But in my mind it doesn't work that way, I feel like there is something more objective to it and not so abstract or "made up" sounding/feeling.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I think a lot of people think it's a cutsie idea and give up when they eiher don't get results or it isn't what they thought it would be.

To be completely honest, talking to my headmates feels the same as talking to a character I just made up, but it's the history with my headmates and what they can do that characters couldn't that makes them special; which isn't anything the newbies would even have before they give up.

My mind has this odd sort of grounded feeling even amidst freeky meta stuff going on, like seeing Misha's ghostly apparition. I was just like... oh, hi. Then poof she's back in the head.

I'd hardly call that imposition, but my mind goes, 'hm, that's normal.'

Thankfully that's like a once a month thing and not an every day thing, and it's been that way with our other imposition experiences.

I feel like most people would just disregard that stuff too.

Requiring imposition before accepting the legitimacy of a headmate would stop this practice dead, but it certainly would feel more real. The hypnagogic impositions we've had were huge doubt killers.

Edit

Where's @Adelaide✫*゚, I gotta call out those lurkers. We miss them. ♡

Edited by Bear

I used to have really bad doubts and wondered what the heck I was doing wrong. Never doubted tulpamancy seriously, just my tulpas, how convenient. But then one of my tulpas started fronting 24/7 and doubts just vanished, tulpamancy's realness skyrocketed and I started experiencing lots of things that I'd never experienced before, which just helped to kill doubts. Hard to seriously doubt when there's a constant reminder of 'hey look, I am living your life'. Sometimes we think doubtful things but they're more like intrusive thoughts and I don't doubt my tulpas' sentience anymore, that's old, at most I'd doubt how separated we truly are.

My past self never gave up despite the lack of 'wow amazing, tulpa just imposed our whole wonderland out of nowhere and then we lucid dreamed together!', and the process was slow but giving up was worse because I didn't have much else and I really, really, really wanted this.

Around the time Ashley was able to switch, doubts became silly and laughable. That experience caused my awakening, so there's really no going back.

30 minutes ago, TB said:

You make it sound like you just decide for things to be the way you want and they will be that way and to just go with it.

Well, my point is you can do that. Obviously I believe in the general guidelines/guidance we give on the forum, the general path we set for people. And for the record, my own beliefs I consider extremely logical and thoroughly thought through - the reason we have no doubts is because we have good explanations and understanding of basically everything tulpamancy related (and life-related, too). But you can't exactly teach understanding. Well, I guess I try.

Anyways, as I've said before, vocality can be improved. On days where I haven't talked to my tulpas at all recently, they can have trouble speaking and I can accidentally think what I was expecting them to say. When they've been more active though, their voices are perfectly clear, their thoughts occur without any consciousness of them on my part, and it's overall a much more enjoyable experience lol. For us, such a long-time and developed system, it comes and goes with activity - but I imagine for newer systems the "coming" part probably takes a lot more work. And I also know that it can get better than we've ever experienced, as most tulpamancy/mental skills can. See Bear's system if you want to hear about those kinds of experiences; ours are just "good enough" experiences (well, the visualization really isn't, but imposition is) that are backed by so much understanding/belief/etc. that they're undoubtable. There's something to say for that foundation, but there's also something to say for lifelike visualization which we don't have lol. 

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

34 minutes ago, Bear said:

To be completely honest, talking to my headmates feels the same as talking to a character I just made up, but it's the history with my headmates and what they can do that characters couldn't that makes them special; which isn't anything the newbies would even have before they give up.

I see. So we're the same? Except what can your headmates do that characters can't? Do you mean switching or having them front? I still am not sure what that is supposed to feel like, but I did have a few strange experiences before. It hasn't killed my doubts though and I can't reliably reproduce it even with effort, I feel cursed. Also, my doubts aren't about my tulpas sentience or existence, though their may be a microscopic seed of that somewhere. My main doubt and fear is that they are just non vocal and stuck inside my body while I talk to an imposter rp character version of her. I don't intend to give up because of it though. I feel I have a responsibility to find out what the truth is and interact with whatever is really her.

32 minutes ago, Miri said:

I used to have really bad doubts and wondered what the heck I was doing wrong. Never doubted tulpamancy seriously, just my tulpas, how convenient. But then one of my tulpas started fronting 24/7 and doubts just vanished, tulpamancy's realness skyrocketed and I started experiencing lots of things that I'd never experienced before, which just helped to kill doubts. Hard to seriously doubt when there's a constant reminder of 'hey look, I am living your life'.

What is the experience of your tulpa fronting feel like? I feel I've heard different things. Is it just that you are still you, but your personality transformed to be them instead, so you have their thoughts and emotions instead of what you think should be your own? When I apparently switched by accident long ago, that basically is what it seemed like and I think what Lumi says switching or having a tulpa front is. If so, alright I suppose. I had extremely different thoughts on what it was initially, but I care more about knowing what it actually is. When people talk about it not in detail, that isn't the picture my head paints.

15 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Anyways, as I've said before, vocality can be improved. On days where I haven't talked to my tulpas at all recently, they can have trouble speaking and I can accidentally think what I was expecting them to say. When they've been more active though, their voices are perfectly clear, their thoughts occur without any consciousness of them on my part, and it's overall a much more enjoyable experience lol.

Sounds similar to Rena and I, or what I think might or might not be her anyway, minus traumatizingly weird and contradictory things that occasionally happen that make me not know what is true. I'm not sure about the occurring without consciousness of them on my part, though. I feel I am conscious of them when they are "talking" to me.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

I didn't know it was considered low. But then that's true of most things. Starting a diet, learning something a new hobby, quitting smoking. Does just come down to the fact that sticking with stuff is hard?

34 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm not sure about the occurring without consciousness of them on my part, though. I feel I am conscious of them when they are "talking" to me.

I meant I'm not conscious of whatever subconscious thought leads to their speaking, which I confusingly call "thoughts" I guess lol. There is no consciously experienced "thought" before what they say to me. We're all fully conscious for the actual communication, of course.

Also keep in mind I'm pretty sure Mirichu possesses, not switches, though they're obviously at that blurry point where experienced possession blends with/has effects similar to switching. That's very common, but it's unclear how different its effects are from switching.