[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

15 minutes ago, Bear said:

@TBMy headmates have done a lot of things for me, some of the biggest differences are that they self-force, they interrupt me, they seem to have their own stream of consiousnesses and they can brainstorm with me and we're just like a group where we can feed off eachother and I remember trying that years before with the characters from my book and there wasn't any gain in speed or quality. With them there is.

I will answer too since our style of switching is based on theirs. I'm sure Lumi will correct me. I want to hear their take again anyway.

For us posession is a shared experience, we co-front while posessing and not a full posession, never did. It would be similar to front stuck in that I am constantly interrupting them like they sometimes do to me. In a full switch, especially if I go to watcher or way-back I don't interrupt them at all, I don't really think mindvoice if I'm just watching and they are free from my meddling even if they do something I would object to. This was most useful when avoiding triggers in Ashley's original work.

A full switch and especially switch and then dormancy, was a profound experience for me. It showed me that I wasn't my body, it's clear that some ego thoughts are also just intrusives, and urges are body driven which makes sense.

I see. Rena can interrupt me. I don't know about self-forcing or what that is exactly. I can't verify if she has her own stream of consciousness. I use to assume so, but that belief has been challenged over time. Maybe can brain stormish, it is hard though. My thoughts are usually dominating. I should try it more often and see what happens.

I would love to have an experience of a full switch and going dormant, whatever that means exactly. Still not sure if that means I temporarily am gone, or if I am Rena and thoughts related to my personality are temporarily gone. I feel like people do both depending on who you talk to.

15 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

for me, the difference in a character thinking something and a tulpa thinking something is that when a character thinks something, it feels like I am thinking of what the character would think, but with a tulpa it feels like they are thinking it. for some people though, when a character thinks of something it feels like the character thought it rather than that they thought of what the character would think. I think that that is connected with why Miela and I couldn't stay separate while we were on LSD, because there was some sort of thought dissociation where it didn't feel like anyone thought a thought, but just like thoughts happened

also, for describing different states of frontingness, may I suggest using the Breloomancer Fronting Classification System (BFCS for short)

a description of BFCS, copy pasted from my tulpamancy journal thing

Reveal hidden contents

A month or two back I came up with a sort of classification system for switching and bodily control and that sort of stuff. I suppose that I’ll share that here. I have come up with 6 different variables that can be changed to describe different well known states within the tulpamancy community as well as variations on those states:

- control over attention

- extent of sensory perception

- degree of memory access

- ability to think

- control over physical movement

- influence over unconscious processes.

These variables can also be divided into the categories “sharable”, which means that multiple systemmembers can have to the same parts of the variable at the same time (for example, multiple systemmembers being able to see out of the body’s eyes at the same time), and “distributable”, which means that multiple systemmembers are able to have different parts of the variable at the same time but cannot all use the same part at the same time (for example one systemmember controlling one arm of the body, and the other controlling the other arm, but they can’t both control the same arm at the same time). Shareable variables are:

- control over attention

- extent of sensory perception

- memory access

Distributable variables are:

- control over physical movement

- influence over unconscious processes.

The one variable that doesn’t fall under either sharable or distributable is the ability to think, however since thinking is often swapped rapidly between systemmembers, functionally it acts as if it is sharable.

Now that I have explained that, I can go over the actual point of this all. This classification system is useful for not just breaking down things that we already have words for, but also for describing things that we don’t have words for, or explaining the nuances to variations on standard tulpamancy practices. This system probably can’t capture all of the nuance of every different state of frontedness, but it seems to be able to cover a lot of them. To use this system, just describe how a particular state is like based on each of variables. Here is an example where I use this system to describe what the experience of being switched in is like in my system exclusive control over attention, able to perceive using all senses, able to access all memories, but only having emotional attachment to some of them, able to think, able to control physical movement, and influence over an unknown amount of unconscious processes, particularly over interpretation of the senses.

Interesting. It's hard for me to perceive what it is for my tulpa to be controlling a physical movement or not though. In my so called switching experience it still just felt like me, but I was her, I guess. In possession I can't verify who it is, just that it isn't me but I might assume it is her? It is things like that that also cause contradictions and breakdown of reality of things and makes me doubt.

I really am starting to think that all thoughts are aren't anyone's thoughts and the perception that a thought belongs to someone is an illusion, and that being a potential fact is part of my problem. Like trying to explain reality around a magic trick. Seemingly breaking the laws of physics so it is confusing trying to find a reason for it, but there really is no reason. It isn't really real.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TB said:

What is the experience of your tulpa fronting feel like? I feel I've heard different things. Is it just that you are still you, but your personality transformed to be them instead, so you have their thoughts and emotions instead of what you think should be your own? When I apparently switched by accident long ago, that basically is what it seemed like and I think what Lumi says switching or having a tulpa front is. If so, alright I suppose. I had extremely different thoughts on what it was initially, but I care more about knowing what it actually is. When people talk about it not in detail, that isn't the picture my head paints.

Usually it feels like I am my tulpa but that's because I am way too active in the mind whenever she controls the body, but if I stop thinking completely (hard to do) and just let her do her thing, I feel detached from her and her memories of when she fronted actually feel alien to me. I can't even think without her attention in this state and feel like I am actually out of the body. Some other cases I might feel like I am actually being controlled and actions will surprise me, like everything is really smooth and I am just a passenger. And in some rare cases, I get so detached that I don't realize she had a whole conversation with someone else outside my awareness, and I have to recall the events. I don't feel anything myself, I don't even realize I stopped until I came back and remember. Other times I'd get hyper disassociated from her for absolutely no reason and get scared that my body is being moved by someone else, 'hey hold up what?! who's this? oh it's my tulpa, hello'.

Hah if only I could induce it whenever I wanted.

1 hour ago, Luminesce said:

Also keep in mind I'm pretty sure Mirichu possesses, not switches, though they're obviously at that blurry point where experienced possession blends with/has effects similar to switching. That's very common, but it's unclear how different its effects are from switching.

Mirichu: I don't even know what I do. I've heard people say 'no, if your host doesn't lose awareness, it's not a switch' and then 'if you can live your host's life without problem, it is a switch'. What even, I never lose the front to Miri like other front stuck systems did, and the brain clearly sees me as the default personality, but the only missing part is Miri not being able to completely lose awareness on command. It's like we're both anchored to the front.

And our possession (or whatever this is) was weird??? like, we had this 'remote control' thingy where we could will the brain to move x part of the body without controlling the mind, and it'd actually feel like it was moving on its own. Of course it is so dumb when you can just control the whole mind.

3 minutes ago, TB said:

I really am starting to think that all thoughts are aren't anyone's thoughts and the perception that a thought belongs to someone is an illusion, and that being a potential fact is part of my problem. Like trying to explain reality around a magic trick. Seemingly breaking the laws of physics so it is confusing trying to find a reason for it, but there really is no reason. It isn't really real.

thoughts belonging to someone is as much of an illusion as them not belonging to anyone. it's all an illusion. it's your mind

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

4 minutes ago, Miri said:

Usually it feels like I am my tulpa but that's because I am way too active in the mind whenever she controls the body, but if I stop thinking completely (hard to do) and just let her do her thing, I feel detached from her and her memories of when she fronted actually feel alien to me. I can't even think without her attention in this state and feel like I am actually out of the body. Some other cases I might feel like I am actually being controlled and actions will surprise me, like everything is really smooth and I am just a passenger. And in some rare cases, I get so detached that I don't realize she had a whole conversation with someone else outside my awareness, and I have to recall the events. I don't feel anything myself, I don't even realize I stopped until I came back and remember. Other times I'd get hyper disassociated from her for absolutely no reason and get scared that my body is being moved by someone else, 'hey hold up what?! who's this? oh it's my tulpa, hello'.

That is all very interesting. Actually out of the body? That is a lot what I originally thought it'd be like. I could be wrong, but that isn't possible according to Lumi? Though either way, that is kind of what I was training for when I would force, but I don't think I got nearly as close as you are.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

2 hours ago, Matsuri said:

@Luminesce What do you guys consider different between switching and possessing?

With switching, the tulpa is what "you" were. You could as well not exist and the tulpa could go on comfortably and naturally living the entire rest of your life as who your body was. 

With possession, your tulpa remains in their tulpa-state but with direct (though it feels indirect to us/early on) control over your body. The host is still mentally present in some way shape or form at all times, or it'd be switching. Possession isn't really known to lead to learning to switch though, but advanced possession often leads to switching-like effects and the host being almost-but-not-entirely gone, and is more co-fronting friendly if you want that sort of thing. (I don't even know if you can co-front switching)

I guess I can answer this question a million times if people simply haven't heard what I just said yet, but on the other hand I'm getting tired of explaining the difference presuming people have heard it before. Switching is switching, possession is them controlling your body. Lines get blurry when possession is so advanced the tulpa is fully immersed in fronting and the host is not, but obviously from all the front-stuck hosts getting good at possession doesn't naturally lead to the host switching out, despite what I would've otherwise assumed if I hadn't seen so many counter examples

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

7 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

what do you mean by 'actually out of the body'?

It feels like I am both seeing whatever my tulpa is seeing from her pov but at the same time it feels like I am watching her from outside the body. Of course there's only one pov, but when recalling the memory, the pov is out of the body and can't recall it from her pov. I do actually feel like I am not in the body though, I am next to her.

4 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

what do you mean by 'actually out of the body'?

I don't know if you are asking me or them, but I just mean not perceiving being in my physical body anymore. Different from perceiving I'm in my body but that I'm a different person. I think it becomes confusing because it isn't clear what a person is or what "I" is.

7 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

With switching, the tulpa is what "you" were. You could as well not exist and the tulpa could go on comfortably and naturally living the entire rest of your life as who your body was. 

With possession, your tulpa remains in their tulpa-state but with direct (though it feels indirect to us/early on) control over your body. The host is still mentally present in some way shape or form at all times, or it'd be switching. Possession isn't really known to lead to learning to switch though, but advanced possession often leads to switching-like effects and the host being almost-but-not-entirely gone, and is more co-fronting friendly if you want that sort of thing. (I don't even know if you can co-front switching)

I've heard you say that before. It is just kind of incomprehensible after having some strange experiences and trying to compare it, and not knowing what one means by every word. Depending on how I interpret things, I may have never switched and what I thought was switching was possession, except it didn't feel like that at all either. I don't really know. I thought for it to be switching, host just had to be in position of a tulpa, that counts as present right?

The thread is going so much faster than what I can handle anymore and I can no longer put nearly as much thought into responses as I'm very tired, anxious, and frustrated. So sorry if I said anything dumb

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

3 minutes ago, Miri said:

It feels like I am both seeing whatever my tulpa is seeing from her pov but at the same time it feels like I am watching her from outside the body. Of course there's only one pov, but when recalling the memory, the pov is out of the body and can't recall it from her pov. I do actually feel like I am not in the body though, I am next to her.

interesting

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me