[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

funerals are for mourning someone who died. you don't go to a funeral to be happy and you certainly don't go to a funeral to be around other happy people. if you would laugh in a funeral then just stay home

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well a funeral isn't really about the person who is dead. what they want isn't really all that important now because they are dead, it's more about the people who are still alive who are grieving

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

This is true.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Jehova Witness' kind of consider a funeral a celebration and a time to be glad.

Edit: Assuming it is a funeral for someone else who was also a devote Jevoha Witness', at least. Not sure how happy or sad they are about the deaths of other people

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

2 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

the point of funerals is to grieve. laughing at a funeral is just rude and selfish and ruins the vibe for everyone else

I think it depends. I think the soldier who died trying to make everyone laugh with his prank is okay because he changed the expectation of that funeral. I also think it's okay to laugh if everyone at the funeral is expected to have a good time. If your religion promotes fun at the funeral, why not? The other exception is if the family of the deceased is sharing funny stories about that person.

If the expectation has not changed and someone random attending there tries to crack jokes, it wouldn't be received well. I don't think it necessarily comes from an angle of selfishness, but it is considered very rude.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

For a Jehova Witness, if they were devote, it is celebration, because they now are guarenteed a spot on the new paradise Earth that Jesus is coming any minute now to create with his one world government with him as leader. It is just like saying goodbye for a short time. A big sleep that won't last much longer. No longer is there any risk of them losing their faith and thus getting kicked out of that reward.

Jehova Witness' don't believe in Hell. They just believe that if you don't believe, you stay permanently dead and don't get resurrected in Jesus' Return.

I know a lot of these things because my dad was/is a Jehova Witness. I don't believe any of it though. I don't know what I believe. I just know I want to believe there is an afterlife. In my opinion, Jehova Witness afterlife is boring. Sure there is no death or disease or suffering, but Jesus will get really sad if you play videogames or do anything else that is worldly. I have no clue how you are supposed to spend your time. I doubt you are even allowed to meditate, because that is from different religions, which is of the devil.

Also you say a funeral is about the attendees trying to grieve and not about the person who is dead because they can't care because they are dead, lol. I guess you are an annihilationist.

I think it is okay to be happy or laugh at a funeral if appropriate if that's what the dead person wanted. Even if they're dead, I think it is worth respecting their wishes.

I don't have much experience with funerals though. If I was at one, I'd be terribly uncomfortable. The concept of people dying doesn't sit well with me. Esepecially if it is someone I know who died.

When my mom died, she didn't want a funeral. She thought they were sad. So she didn't have one. Just cremated and put in a jar with her deceased daughter together.

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko