[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I agree, the lock-merge an elegant solution. Too-big systems have three long-term choices: stagnate, integrate, or die. Using integration in a more general sense of "Make pieces into more of a whole" there. I'll go further and say anything or anyone who isn't integrated/invested into the life will stagnate and/or die. It's the identity version of "use it or lose it."

I'll copy-paste the very rough draft of what's in the works. 

Spoiler

Intro: How to Make the Most of Tulpamancy

At its finest, tulpamancy is an overwhelmingly positive experience where the host’s life is greatly added to by the creation of a tulpa as a life-long dear companion. This guide assumes that you have already made the decision to partake in this practice by creating a tulpa. This is NOT a creation guide: this is a guide about improving your pre-existing experience with tulpamancy.  This guide invites you to settle for nothing less than sublime. 

Note:  Every system is unique and every system’s path of development will be different. Take this guide flexibly, not as a strict formula. For example, it’s okay if your system doesn’t have a wonderland, you don’t have a visual form, or if you don’t want to learn imposition! 

The experience of tulpamancy might be like an iceberg. There are surface-level experiences that you can expect: 

• Talking with your tulpa with mindvoice (Vocality) 

•  Seeing them via visualization (Forms)

• Having the tulpa control the body (Possession and switching)

• Bonding and finding companionship and support

• Having fun in wonderland

These are the subjects of most guides. They are fundamental to having a tulpa. Barring any major roadblocks, most hosts following present-day methods can be expected to achieve basic vocality within weeks. Despite its reputation as one of the more advanced skills to learn, [number] of systems surveyed report learning possession within the first month of practicing tulpamancy. 

iOB91yCAa1AO0F6CaOx725XN8FNmeyMVdV9SQnBBAArJ4Ax4lyhpRyuYUe8OPZZfcdaEW97hTefukY242K0agheWihU0qlOZCryXUAdV8jQNZuY3SdHTysrsN-kWCM4hDKr7Isbu

After achieving these common milestones, many tulpamancers functionally quit working on tulpa-related skills. But tulpamancy doesn't end with these surface-level, fundamental abilities!

When you quit progressing and start stagnating, there is a real danger that tulpamancy will be left behind in your life. To a tulpa, this may mean dissipation, or it may mean becoming so inactive that you never grow or change, unlike real living people. If you become inactive and stagnate for enough time, you may cease to be a tulpa in all but name and distant memory, and exist only in a static, character-like state. Luckily, avoiding this fate is straight-forward: settle for nothing less than sublime. Once you have a handle on the basics, reach for higher, more rewarding goals. The more interesting tulpamancy remains to the host, the more likely they are to stay invested. 

[Stagnation Img Here]

If you want to be in it for the long haul, for the tulpa to exist the rest of the body's life in a meaningful, active state, read on. This guide details [number] tulpa-related skills that can be improved and worked upon indefinitely. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

but the reason why people's desire fades is because they aren't getting these sublime experiences, and then because their desire goes down, they work on it less, and because they work on it less they progress slower, and the spiral continues. 

This is one explanation, but not the only one that fits the data.

18 minutes ago, JGC said:

I agree, the lock-merge an elegant solution. Too-big systems have three long-term choices: stagnate, integrate, or die.

Or rotate 

I'm going to fit that under integrate in the broad sense of "Make a part of life" but it is a sort of.... seasonal life? 

Outside of Lumi, I can't say I know any system who's really made that work. I know one system that had like 50 people and they scheduled outings like a maniac, but it all seemed.... pretty farcical. Forgetting names, forgetting appearances, forgetting people existed at all. Then they're forced to come and chat online for a few hours once in a blue moon. They had a core cast of just three-ish people that were around more often, but it was like they couldn't resolve all these loose threads from their early, out-of-control experience. Not anyone from .info or the .info Discord btw. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

what's crazy is that according to the 2018 census, the vast majority of systems don't even possess. most tulpas I know are able to possess, so it really makes me wonder "where are all these systems that can't possess?"

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

This is one explanation, but not the only one that fits the data.

it does fit the data quite nicely, and it has certainly been my experience that the more we grow, the more we want to grow more. I cannot imagine someone being in my shoes and not wanting to progress in tulpamancy. do you have another explanation that you think works better?

I know other rotisserie systems, but they tend to have shorter shifts than with Lumi's system

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

You have a very likeable name.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.