[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

18 hours ago, Ranger said:

Happy belated birthday!

Thank you!

Well, I'm a little late to genders and relationship dynamics discussion, but...

6 hours ago, Flandre said:

{Wrote it out now, it's basically about the feelings felt by females/feminine-energy-havers versus males/male-energy-havers when emotionally connecting with each other.}

I find this interesting, because I go back and forth between female and male and I do feel differently in that fashion depending on which I am.  And the genders in our system kind of match up that way, with Ghostly (who's cis-female) being more on the submissive side of things, and our boys Reiji, Osomatsu, and Kokichi being more dominant.  Chimera's non-binary on account of being made up of a bunch of differently gendered tulpas, and as far as I can tell they're balanced between both roles.

Though, I think they have some personal, non-gender-related personality qualities that just happen to line up with the more typical gender dynamics (excluding Chimera).  In Ghostly's case, she's the baby of her family, and aside from that she has self esteem issues that make her question her ability to act and assert herself.  Reiji has a strong desire to help and contribute, and when he's concerned about someone (usually Ghostly) his gentle helpfulness starts turning into bossiness.  Osomatsu has the whole "big brother" vibe going for him, regardless of whether he's with lil' bro Kokichi or with someone else.  Kokichi is extremely strong-willed and independent.

Reiji: It's interesting to think about the concept of gender is impressed on tulpas differently than it is for hosts.  Ghostly has her whole upbringing and body of experiences contributing to how she feels about her relationship with her body and gender expression.  Meanwhile, in the safety of our shared mindspace, I can express my own masculinity however I desire.  My appearance and tastes lean towards androgyny, and I don't have to suffer the same potential discrimination that a person presenting as male out in the world would.  If I was raised as a boy in a body that matched my form, I could have all sorts of emotional baggage about how I would feel I was able to dress or style myself.  It would be harder to connect with and then express my own self.  Of course, there's individuals and communities out in the world that are more accepting and caring, but for most people that's something they find only after enduring the hardship of not having those connections.  I started out with that kind of support system. 

Also, though it is a great pleasure of mine to give to and protect those I care about, I'm also able to enjoy shifting towards that "feminine" expression of emotional connection when it's needed.  This was especially important to me when I was younger and in a position of needing that kind of support from Adelaide and Ghostly.  I feel as a tulpa in this system that it's easier for me to have my emotional needs met.

6 hours ago, Flandre said:

I was constantly thinking about Yin and Yang, and other similar ancient concepts explaining "feminine energy" and "male energy".

Being into Tarot, I've given this a lot of thought, too.  The masculine and feminine are big themes.  The way I understand that is that what's being described is an "active agent" (masculine) and a "receptive agent" (feminine).  The meanings given for cards like the Magician and the Emperor deal with acting externally, whereas cards like the High Priestess and the Empress indicate the feelings and processing.  I think the specifically gendered aspects of these two qualities comes from a metaphor there relating to the mechanics of human reproduction.  But the social roles of actor or receiver aren't coded into a person's chromosomes.

I remember doing a Lenormand reading with Sky (who's now a part of Chimera).  They're agendered, and when I pulled the Anima card they were like, how's that supposed to work in this situation, exactly?  It helped them to focus less on the gender and more on the base social aspect of what they feel as being more on the receiving side of social interactions.

6 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

subs and doms is really a fundamental part of human relationships, even outside of romantic and sexual relationships, it is a thing with a lot of friendships, it is also in the parent child relationship, and it is pretty much the basis for confucianism. and of course, people don't have to always be subs or always be doms, it can change when you are with different people, and often times even with someone who you normally are one way with, you will still occasionally play the other role

5 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

categorizing people is only so useful; nobody is completely sub or dom, it is more of a tendency, and it changes depending on who they are around and what the situation is, but in my observation, the sub/dom lens can be a very powerful tool for analyzing relationships

Reiji: This feels consistent with what we've observed in our dynamics as a system.  My feeling is that the roles of the one acting and the one being acted on are always present, and an equal relationship is simply one in which these roles are exchanged so readily as to create the illusion of equality.  This isn't to say that I don't believe equality isn't "real," it's just that's it's composed of the averaging of a pattern of uneven exchanges rather than a consistent pattern of truly equal exchanges.

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean, this is almost the equivalent of those 6 hour windows of last-postingness where no one's here, except people were here. You guys are making it too easy for Bre.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The only thing that could stop you now is a Lucilyn unbound from our avoidance of posting too much fluff. She's not allowed to do that, though.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

... It would stop you. It could be any of us really, as long as we actually wanted to be winning. But honestly, doing what it takes to be the winning-est in LOTPW would hurt the forum, and it being us would hurt our own view of how others view the forum. It's really better if we just let you win. Though we've still got solid stakes in the long-game.

I don't think that you realize how difficult it is to keep up posting a lot in the long term, nor how firm my resolve to post as much as I have to is

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Pfft, I forgot we could even abuse the notification from having a thread open. You seriously wouldn't stand a chance, you have way more of a life than us.

{hmm, I wrote this literally 5 seconds after the notification, looks like you can sneak in ~2 minutes with each post if we rely on that}

Edited by Flandre

1 minute ago, Flandre said:

Pfft, I forgot we could even abuse the notification from having a thread open

that's what I have been doing this whole time. unfortunately, the notifications work very inconsistently and don't always go off when someone new has posted

2 minutes ago, Flandre said:

You seriously wouldn't stand a chance, you have way more of a life than us.

you don't know how tiring it can be to respond to fluff posts multiple times a minute. it's not just about how much time you have, though it is partially about that, but it is also about your determination to win

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me