[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I wish there was a reason to learn Esperanto, other than want. It might be cool to know it but that's not enough motivation for host to start learning, even less for me...

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022 

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dankon pro la oferto cxiuokaze. Discord estas bona ideo sed mi volas eviti gxin. Preferas mi verajn paperojn leterojn... sed eble mi bezonas jxus usas Discord... 

/

Thanks for the offer anyways. Discord is a good idea but I want to avoid it. I prefer real paper letters... but maybe I need to just use Discord.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

there are many good reasons to learn esperano:

it helps with third language acquisition in at least some cases; people who studied 1 year of esperanto and then 3 years of french got farther along in french than people who just studied french for 4 years

pasporto servo

you can talk to all sorts of interesting people across the world

you can contribute to the dream of having a more neutral and easier to learn lingua franca

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

@Srn347 Are you a doctor but not a doctor? What kind of doctor?

On 9/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, JGC said:

opinions welcome

I wish the graph was flipped upside down so it matches with the text. It was a little bit disorienting to have the graph go from a bottom to top direction while the text needed to be read from top to bottom.

But otherwise, I think it's fine.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, JGC said:

I've seen a lot of people who act like just telling their tulpa to be nice makes it nice. It is true that telling your tulpa they should act nice makes it much, much more likely that they will act nice, but it's an important distinction. Repeatedly and consistently acting nice makes you nice, not just saying "I am nice." 

Yeah, I agree. A tulpa expecting themselves to be nice is only half the story.

Sometimes self-expectations can lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy, and that's in a nutshell why personality forcing actually works. A tulpa wants to be a particular way, so they make themselves a particular way. That could be niceness, but it could also be anything else, like being a pony or having a certain ambition.

21 hours ago, Luminesce said:

but of course, you see it as a competition

don't worry, I do too

Eh... I kind of don't and do at the same time.

I know I'm not going to win, but every so often I like to mess with people by posting back as soon as I can. I'm not as good at it as Bre is.

Also, pro tip, if you're trying to win, these giant text walls seem to not be a very effective strategy. But these multiquote text walls are more aimed at chatting than competing.

19 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

what a productive exchange

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

15 hours ago, Luminesce said:

I'm way too low motivation right now to answer the people asking for help, or uh, deal with the guy talking about an animal abuse ring, sorry to leave that stuff to you guys

I think that's pretty suspicious that guy is asking people of this forum about an animal abuse ring and not an animal hotline. I don't recommend talking to this member until I can figure out what's going on.

@JGC I would leave this person alone for now, be careful about any messages you get from them. Don't give them money or your personal information.

3 hours ago, Breloomancer said:

fmí-pmδkh wmepnδjh wmefnδr

[fmíːɸ.məʀ wmeɸ.nəj wmef.nəɹ]

this is that

I don't think that's a translation of "that is that", but then again I thought the use of IPA was meant to be the English translation...

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Maybe when I'm older I'll be a host. Or travel with it. I hear a lot of people have just the greatest experiences, because a lot of the host families are well-off retired norweigan or swedish couples, situations like that, and they just want to talk to nice young foreigners, etc etc. Esperantists just tend to be worldly, compassionate, and friendly folk. 

It's sure not a language you learn to make money.........

Ninja'd 

Don't worry for me, Ranger, I'm not green about the internet.  

IPA isn't just for English. It's the International Phonetic Alphabet. I'm assuming that's Bre's conlang, then written in IPA aka the sounds, and then glossed into English. 

Edited by JGC

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I really like the idea of esperanto. It's just not something I'd ever really need I guess. I don't like traveling and I get enough social interaction with English and Finnish, so the only reason to really learn it for us would be "just because" : P Which is kind of a shame but I don't really mind.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I don't think that's a translation of "that is that", but then again I thought the use of IPA was meant to be the English translation...

it's a pretty rough translation, but that is what it means, unless you think that you know the language that I invented and that I haven't given anyone else the reference grammar to better than me

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me