[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I wouldn't want to risk damaging the coatings on the magnet with tape or superglue or anything like that, but it is probably a good idea to affix some small object there so that I can get used to it, especially because it can often be tempting to mess around with or poke at the bump where the magnet is, but doing that can cause it to reject, so this way I would be able to get used to not poking at it

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bre is going to become a superhero

or villain, but you'll be on the list of lamest supervillains if your power is having a magnet in your finger

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

you think that having a magnet in my finger is going to be my only supervillain power? this is just the start. anyway, supervillains don't need to have as cool powers because they have henchmen and evil schemes to balance it out. a lot of supervillains don't have any powers at all other than being rich (which I will not have, so I suppose that I will be a pretty lame supervillain in the end actually)

Edited by Breloomancer

-Me

I was thinking the other way around, like, a hero could make use of detecting magnetic fields or other low level sensory powers, but villains rarely have anything so trivial (mainly because the story is written around them already being pretty well set up, and the hero has to work to unravel their plans)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I can't really think of any superheros who have as lame powers as just being able to detect magnetic fields. generally if they have a lame power like that then they will also have some other power to supplement it. the villain is normally better put together, but in terms of raw power the hero is normally stronger. of course, there are also superheros like ironman and batman who don't have powers, but they have gadgets and whatnot that is pretty much just an easily removable superpower

it would be difficult for me to produce spider silk on a large scale, but if I put in the time and money I could probably make enough to fuel some rudimentary web shooters, and it wouldn't be too difficult to create some sort of kevlar (or spider silk, if I can get enough of high enough quality) harness that allows me to redistribute loads on my arms to my legs and torso so that I could more easily hang from one arm while, for example, swinging from a web. and people have already made DIY gecko tape of ok quality, and it probably wouldn't take too much experimentation to get it to a level where you can climb up vertical surfaces fairly safely with it. what I am saying is that the technology exists for anyone willing to put in the work to become spiderman. why hasn't anyone become spiderman yet?

-Me

Did y'all ever do fundraisers where it was a dollar for a foot of tape, and then all the strips of tape were used to tape the principal to the wall, and at the end they'd kick a stool out from under her and see if she stayed stuck on the wall? 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I cannot comprehend why someone would not want to be able to sense magnetic fields. I mean, how cool would that be? now you can instantly know if something is magnetic and how magnetic it is and where magnetic objects are, but most of the reason why I want it isn't because if the utility that I would it out of it, my biggest motivator is just that it would be really fucking cool

-Me

Hm.  I suppose I myself haven't given much thought to it myself.  Having the ability to perceive something beyond standard human perception would be interesting, I'm sure. But in the context of our finite resources and how expensive it would be to acquire to modifications needed, I can't say it's a strong priority for me.  If it's important to you though, then I hope you're able to see your dreams realized.