[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

1 hour ago, Desmond said:

Oh we're good, kiddos are growing up (too fast), host is being unusually active so no sign of the usual depression dive this time of the year though it's still early, we've been spending a lot of time together and we've been super involved in her life lately so that's fun. Everyone's doing really really well.

[Misha] That's great! I hope you all beat it this year!

23 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

@PM group, I hate private conversations and would much rather discuss things publicly.

Considering the last few interactions my system has had with Reguile and Asmask I'm not surprised this is now a taboo subject. 

@JGC may your PM party be fruitful, take notes and we'll have fun with it on the forum publicly if you feel comfortable with that.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops, Ranger this is a misunderstanding, I'm sorry. The PMs with you were always intended to be the three of us- I'm talking about something else. 

Basically asmask wants to talk, but not post publicly. Hence the PMs with you and him and me, and now other PMing. 

Ninja'd: Thanks :3p

Edited by JGC

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Private conversations are not a taboo thing. PMs have their time and place for when they are both necessary and acceptable. I'm not against private if someone else requests it, and there are times people will refuse to share if the experience is too personal.

I don't like the idea of hiding information from the public either, especially if it's productive tulpa discussion. However, I would rather have tulpa discussion be private than force people to discuss it publicly. I also believe private is sometimes a step towards being public, especially if it's just a matter of talking about it at all. I used to talk about my accidental partial integration with Cat privately before publicly disclosing it.

@JGC Ah, I see. At this point though, I kind of wonder if it would be better if everyone pitched in to pay for the cBox. Us paying a fraction of the monthly cost is negotiable.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

16 minutes ago, Bear said:

Considering the last few interactions my system has had

For the record, while I've always preferred public discussion to PMs, it was actually Mistgod and Melian getting into arguments/fights? in PMs and then posting that people on this forum suck out of nowhere that made me hate private discussions. You guys have just continued the trend is all. Drama-wise, I hate not being able to help sort things out, and also just one day seeing people have bad blood with each other for no apparent reason.

In this case though, the forum is already inactive enough, and putting the only interesting discussion in a private group of PMs sounds like the best way to kill the forum to me

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I prefer to discuss this stuff in public where anyone could chime in or lurk, but if people are going to do it in PMs, I would rather be there than not. sometimes I will move the world, but sometimes I have to let the world move me. if I always tried to move the world, then how could I trust the world to let me move it? it's give and take

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

1 minute ago, Luminesce said:

For the record, while I've always preferred public discussion to PMs, it was actually Mistgod and Melian getting into arguments/fights? in PMs and then posting that people on this forum suck out of nowhere that made me hate private discussions. You guys have just continued the trend is all. Drama-wise, I hate not being able to help sort things out, and also just one day seeing people have bad blood with each other for no apparent reason.

Unfortunately, some things are just best left private, especially if those in question don't want your help to resolve the situation. In addition, sometimes making something private public just makes it worse. I would think your best bet is just to check-in privately and ask if there's anything you can do.

4 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

In this case though, the forum is already inactive enough, and putting the only interesting discussion in a private group of PMs sounds like the best way to kill the forum to me

I don't think private bubbles are any more damaging than say the cBox, which was in fact public. However, I think these bubbles forming has partly to do with the format of the forums itself.

Personally, the forum format isn't my favorite. It's easy for me to get overwhelmed by all of the content. However, Discord doesn't always do me justice when I have a textwall I need to write. And the same questions over and over again get old after some time. I have always preferred quieter circles, regardless of the format. If the forums get too busy, I get overwhelmed and I end up taking longer and/or more frequent breaks.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

At the very least, I hate Reddit. Everything about Reddit makes me angry. And now the tulpa sub Reddit isn't even color coded anymore, Reddit took that away!

4 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I don't think private bubbles are any more damaging than say the cBox

Yeah, which I didn't like for roughly the same reason

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.