• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where do y'all think is the best place to post amateur music, with an emphasis on community engagement rather than "I wanna be famous"? I hear about soundcloud but I'm not even sure soundcloud has comments. Youtube? Perhaps a subreddit? 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

11 minutes ago, JGC said:

Where do y'all think is the best place to post amateur music, with an emphasis on community engagement rather than "I wanna be famous"? I hear about soundcloud but I'm not even sure soundcloud has comments. Youtube? Perhaps a subreddit? 

I have experience with making music. What kind of 'community engagement' are you looking for? Feedback on your music, or just a community enjoying the genre?

Rain and hip hop, I'm in a good mood... I'm going out to the woods after school ends. 

The Original Pancake House to close before New Year - Oak Park Eats

I'm redesigning this logo for my class. I thought it was a good one to redesign because I think the original looks horrid. Pigman wearing a tooth, with atrophied legs, flips a blood-rimmed pancake. 

We've spent weeks on this project and don't have any grades. She wanted us to make TWENTY proofs but she didn't grade that. It's all meant to be for learning illustrator but I've just... used GIMP and Inkscape and no one can stop me? My laptop can't handle Illustrator, I did download and I can open it, but it's pull-out-your-hair slow and crashes. 

My teacher for this class is just out-of-touch with reality. A girl said a tab crashed for her and the teacher told her it was a problem with her computer and to turn everything off and on again. Before saying "Reload the tab" or "Close Chrome and reopen Chrome", she went straight to "Turn the entire computer off and back on, and if the tab doesn't load again, take your computer to Best Buy." And the matter-of-factness of her voice when she gives advice like that.... man, it's something. I wouldn't be surprised if she has legitimately bought a new computer at some point because of something like a driver error ("My new mouse won't work! I guess my computer is broken!") or not having the up-to-date version of Java. 

I know I've been ninja'd a whole bunch, let's see....

ETA: I suppose I'll answer "feedback", because I have no clue what genre I'd fall under. Probably some form of ambient. I like to get criticism. I was on a site called Critique Circle years ago for writings, and loved the vibe there. 

Edited by JGC

Our Thread

Hey, familiarity with the industry standards is a useful job skill, and if you know what's what, you can figure out how to not need to pay for those either... I do miss the days when PS was just a program on a CD that my grandfather lent me to get on my home computer. The subscription model that's infected video games is also at play with many programs nowadays. 

I'm going to lurk in the woods and capture the sounds of trains, perhaps. 

Our Thread