Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JGC said:

But you can't pressure people or imply or outright say, "You are bigoted/mean/wrong to not want to date XYZ group." At least that's my stance.

Winner! This was my point at it's base. I don't like tattoos in general because my grandparents had them and that's what I think of when I see one. They hated their tattoos and told me I was a fool for ever getting one. I didn't care what they said, I just don't like them.

There was a lot of peer pressure to get tatoos, piercings, smoking, vaping, other drugs, and I didn't because I didn't want to.

Should I get over my own attractiveness preferences too? Is it fair or not, part of me (Misha, Ashley, SheShe) say I'm being unfair.

Anyway I didn't follow a lot of the arguments above, they were off on tangents, my answer was given by JGC, now, "is that fair?" is the ultimate question.

It might be unfair on paper and publicly.

Edited by Bear

Only a black and white world can be fair, and we live not even just with shades of gray, but a whole spectrum of color. 

Lady Justice | Urban Threads: Unique and Awesome Embroidery Designs | Lady  justice, Justice tattoo, Drawings

Embracing the inherent "wrongness" is part of growing up, I figure. "I know I could do otherwise to be "fair", but I just won't!" (Or can't.) People who refuse to say that fail a lot more. They're the hypocritical vegans who eat highly processed but still "vegan" products but would hate on a hunter who makes use of every part of the deer. It's better to be aware of your own biases, rather then vehemently deny you have any. Cuz you do. And you will 'til you die. 

For instance, if I sat down and spent some time, it would probably only take a couple weeks, I bet I could re-program myself to accept polyamorous relationships, as in, within my own life. And to many, I would be a more "fair/just/correct" person if I did that, because perhaps I should be personally accepting of them. But I'm not going to! I won't! Some people might say, "I just can't!", but I'll say "I won't!" 

Why do you not have solar panels, why do you shop at Walmart, why do you feed into capitalism, why do you eat commercially farmed meat, why won't you house a homeless drug addict, why haven't you adopted children, why won't you date someone with untreated mental illness? 

I know I could act otherwise, and it might make me, in someone's eyes, a more correct person, but I won't! Concessions. Tattoos is just one example. Polyamory is my own personal one that I've struggled with in recent years. It's just my personal conviction that monogamy is the only option for me, but I'm also aware that that's not a universal. 

Can I make parallels between people with tulpa population control issues and Quiverfulls or is that too blunt and/or a bad analogy? I don't think all, or even most, systems who have some "unintended" member are Quiverfull-like (just like all families with an accidental child aren't Quiverfulls), but there are systems who are more like.... "Yeah, it's been two weeks since the last one, I think it's time for an 8th tulpa, yeah?" 

Edited by JGC
a word

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

The Duggers say they aren't Quiverfulls but they're basically Quiverfulls. It boils down to, "After marriage, God wants you to continuously conceive and have as many babies as possible!" No contraception and no abstinence, at any point at any time the husband wants to have sex, the wife is meant to allow him. Usually they only stop after miscarriages, bad birth defects, or one partner becomes unable to conceive anymore. Or if they stop being Quiverfulls I guess. 

The Christian Quiverfull movement derives its name from Psalm 127:3–5, where many children are metaphorically referred to as the arrows in a full quiver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

It's a pretty new movement, or rather it's not always been around, from what I read it only really became a "movement" in the 70s and 80s after the publication of a few books.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

On 9/23/2020 at 7:43 PM, Ranger said:

@jean-luc Did your program for myBB count posts before we discovered myBB counted posts per user?

I wonder if the FOTPW thread's creation time can serve as a rough estimate for when we discovered this feature.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:04 PM, Luminesce said:

aOPDqBS.png

what, no

--

Number of posts means nothing, it's just a fun statistic (that Jean-luc's script already has due to counting every post by every user). Even if Bre had 10k posts 15 of which were double posts, that's the difference in him having posted ".!" 15 more times at worst. Though actually, all of his merged posts have been actual posts afaik

Indeed, I always could have added the counter for number of posts. I mostly added it to show the stark difference between Brassow insane luck and Breloomancer's amazing persistance (you're still on track for #1 by new years!). It was never meant to be a measure for winning (wasn't that another thread?) but I'm not your parent, do what you want.

If you wanted I could count number of posts not including double posts. Also if you want me to see a particular message make sure to quote one of my messages and/or use @jean-luc.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc