[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

Goo

Pronunciation: Probably at least 99.9999% of people who know English know how it's pronounced, but likely two digits more

(what a crazy pronunciation for such a short word)

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people spell "go" with extra o's for emphasis, so technically that's a different pronunciation for goo (sort of cheating though, since that's a homograph).

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

if you assume I was saying "goooo" and not "goo" when I say something is pronounced "goo" your brain is not work so good

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Rimworld is a very, very harsh game...

We're now discussing if we should allow reload on death or some sort of resurrection thing, because a wild animal can suddenly chase you down and eat you out of nowhere and leave you with 55% missing body parts, that's pretty hard to recover from, but not impossible as long as your head is still there.

In any case, out current run is done again. This time Ashley was slain by a giant sabretooth hyaena who "happeded" to target her when she was about 3 feet away and was otherwise sleeping and incapacitated. 

Dangit, and they had really really good end game weapons that they fought hard for. Flipping lame man... But hey, it's a game, this is why we play with these rules, otherwise it wouldn't be fun to just save-scum every time you die, however... it's not right to continue if one of them dies.  At least we can start over without Shy being in slow motion because of the brain injury and like a dozen real time hours left before we can do the brain surgery.

Edited by Bear

Reminds me of DF adventure mode wolves. In the early game, if you get randomly attacked by wolves,  you're pretty much dead. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

8 hours ago, Luminesce said:

imagine trying to explain pronunciation in a language nearly no one knows

yeah, that would be annoying. good thing IPA is not a language but an alphabet which can be easily learned by anyone regardless of what languages they speak. some things it would be reasonable that not everyone knows in IPA, since some of the sounds are pretty obscure and not used very commonly or are just harder to remember or understand. however in the transcription on wikipedia, it only uses very common characters that would be very intuitive to remember for someone literate in the latin alphabet. it starts with the third most common nasil, then it has an extremely common approximate that should have an obvious pronunciation to anyone who speaks english, then it has the third most common vowels which I am pretty certain every natural language in the world has, then it has the most common vowel in the world, then it has the second most common nasil. and that's it. it is really that easy

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

[Ashley] So since it's next to impossible to play a perfect game...

[Misha] Ashley intentionally tried to build a trap under a sleeping and hungry saber-toothed heyena and was basically eaten. 

[Ashley]... as I was saying, we're thinking about installing a mod to allow surgery to revive dead colonists. This will be able to basically repair almost any injury except decapitation? Idk how I feel about it yet, because it feels very cheaty, there has to be some really high penalty for it. We're still talking about it.  

Edited by Ashley

TF2 has been fun lately, but it's become kind of beginner un-friendly