[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

people will never realize that the "To be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" meme was created and memed into its popularity by the Rick and Morty community

also no, the show is good at making you feel smart for getting it, but there's very little that actually takes any critical thought to understand

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

maybe you just don't have a high enough IQ

I was worried I had the opposite problem with that episode.

14 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

First episode of Rick & Morty is the worst, it was a pilot where Rick burped too much.

Huh, I was worried the pilot was laying out the formula of the show. And Rick did burp a lot now that you mentioned it. I think Rick is drunk the whole time is the gag of the show, but he was extra annoying then. I got the impression Rick was a sadistic sociopath (which might still be true but hopefully it isn't focused on Morty torture).

I can give it another try. I have the worst luck with first episodes. I thought the first episode of SU was weird, but after seeing more episodes I didn't like the formula. Uncle Grandpa I couldn't watch after 5 minutes. I'm hoping my perception of R&M improves significantly, because I heard it was made by the same writers of Gravity Falls and cartoon gross out stuff doesn't bother me so much.

My dad watched Futurama and I was entertained. I didn't watch all of it in order but I was content with what I watched.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add how I did the page thing- I thought the ... Uh... Calendar? Looking symbol was the line button and that was the first time it broke up my my post like that...

Edited by Ranger

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Rick and Morty is very hit or miss by episode, I guess. Also changes to be more like what you want in later seasons I'd say. Morty has to be kind of broken down in season 1 and somewhat 2 before he starts to get the hang of life with Rick and being more sure of himself. There's still jokes and entire episodes I really dislike (you'll know them, they just decide to be gross every once in a while) but overall I really, really like the show.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

My favorite TV show is probably ReGenesis. @Breloomancer would love it, I feel. They had an episode that started out with a pandemic simulation (only revealing it's a just simulation/drill after a few minutes, a la classic teaser). The general theme of the episode after that was how underprepared the world is for such a situation. I remember watching it, and also remembering that one Bill Gates video, and just thinking, "yeah, I'm going to live through a pandemic one day." And look where we are now....

They have this really nice transition where, for instance, five characters will all be in some meeting about whatever disease of the week, and then two characters will split off ("Bob, can I talk to you in my office?") and they'll leave but you'll stay with the other three for a few more minutes. But then when those people disband, maybe you'll follow one of those three, but as they're walking down the hall, they see Bob crying. And at that point, it'll rewind, back to "Bob, can I talk to you in my office?" and the camera will follow Bob and the other person up to the office, and show that conversation, and show Bob leaving and crying, until it seamlessly matches back up to where you were before. It's just really visually interesting and always pulled off well. I think they won some sort of prize for it- whatever TV shows win. 

The show also has very realistic portrayals of disabilities, illness, mental illness and just people in general, imo. At least no one struck me as acting super token-y, they were all well-fleshed out people and their flaws felt natural, not overly moralized. 

Beautiful intro, too. 

If you liked House MD or Fringe or Bones or Criminal Minds, this is like that, but even more psychological rather than thriller, and with more fleshed out characters rather than speed-running cases. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

32 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

@ bre

In an alternate universe you could've chosen ., for no particular reason, it's not like you haven't posted tons of other variations also

I couldn't have chosen it for no particular reason. everything that I do is far more deliberate than you realize

I can't really remember the first episode of rick and morty very well. was it that bad? I do know that morty generally gets the short end of the stick, but often when things go bad for him it is because he brought it on himself. of course, he is kind of screwed either way because he never gets complete information out of rick and so he has to either completely trust rick and give up all agency, and rick doesn't always have morty's best interests in mind anyway, or he has to work off of his incomplete information, which generally gets him into trouble. when morty gets used to a situation and properly learns how it works though, he can often be surprisingly competent though. it seems pretty clear that the reason why rick treats morty how he does is because he wants to have power over him and he is worried that if he allows morty to learn enough then morty won't need him anymore and will leave him behind. perhaps the evil morty from that 1 episode wasn't really any different from any other morty, it was just that his rick gave him the chance to understand things better

rick's flaws are pretty obvious right out the gate, but as the show goes on you get to see that morty isn't really any better

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Maybe there's a universe where they write from right to left?

Edited by Bear