Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, tai said:

I can see how bad that is gonna be BUT most costumes are gonna have some type of face covering so touching your face and breathing in the virus shouldn't be concerned and besides the fact that we have been doing this since we were kids it really sucks to have to miss it 

Masks help when ALL parties are wearing them. You don't protect yourself from the virus, but protect others from catching it (if you have it). If everyone wears one, you won't spread it. Halloween masks are unreliable. Most people do not wear masks even with costumes, but it's not even like having one on is going to help.. Kids pull them away to see where they're going to grab candy,  or the masks are way too thin and as such don't ACTUALLY help negate the spread. If you're able to blow a candle out with the mask on, it's ineffective.

I'm just going to be blunt here, if you're willing to go out and spread a pandemic for a holiday, you're a child.  Teenagers in the vast majority of cases are children, but due to the rebellious stage and puberty they think that they're not. Hell, even if you're an adult and think this is smart, you're still a child.

People actually give kids way too much trust during this time. The fact people in here are going out to spread it for a holiday proves that. The average kid will not do this stuff nor will they think anything of it, because their parents will give them the green light since they either Don't believe that the pandemic is real! or They still think that covid can't be passed to children/covid can't harm children.

Edited by Ashanti

Just trying to find a comfy spot here. My ArtStation for those curious. 

2 minutes ago, Ashanti said:

Masks help when ALL parties are wearing them. You don't protect yourself from the virus, but protect others from catching it (if you have it). If everyone wears one, you won't spread it. Halloween masks are unreliable. Most people do not wear masks even with costumes, but it's not even like having one on is going to help.. Kids pull them away to see where they're going to grab candy,  or the masks are way too thin and as such don't ACTUALLY help negate the spread. If you're able to blow a candle out with the mask on, it's ineffective.

I'm just going to be blunt here, if you're willing to go out and spread a pandemic for a holiday, you're a child.  Teenagers in the vast majority of cases are children, but due to the rebellious stage and puberty they think that they're not. Hell, even if you're an adult and think this is smart, you're still a child. 

You make a good point. I respect that opinion. 

there are sill means of getting infected even with a mask on, for example masks don't cover eyes. what masks do do is trap a lot of viruses trying to float out of your mouth on air particles that you exhale. masks make it a less likely that you get infected, but their main use is to stop other people from getting infected

also, there are a lot of sensible children who do what they can to stop the spread of covid

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

9 minutes ago, Ashanti said:

People actually give kids way too much trust during this time. The fact people in here are going out to spread it for a holiday proves that. The average kid will not do this stuff nor will they think anything of it, because their parents will give them the green light since they either Don't believe that the pandemic is real! or They still think that covid can't be passed to children/covid can't harm children

this is BIG TIME BULLSHIT this gets on my nerves the most masks dont do shit actually even if everyone is wearing them lets say you take it off to eat then you are just touching your face your food and then you go give a freind a high five i just think people are one overreacting bc the statistics are wrong but two if the numbers are true ( they are not) then we arnt taking enough precautions.

hello my name is ember im part of a small system of a few tulpas. im excited to be here!

3 minutes ago, Breloomancer said:

there are a lot of sensible children who do what they can to stop the spread of covid

There are, definitely.. Though people tend to forget that kids are influenced by their friends and the people around them. If their friends and their parents are willing to "risk" (more like spread) the pandemic, they'll think it's okay to do so as well. 

1 minute ago, ember20385 said:

this is BIG TIME BULLSHIT this gets on my nerves the most masks dont do shit actually even if everyone is wearing them lets say you take it off to eat then you are just touching your face your food and then you go give a freind a high five i just think people are one overreacting bc the statistics are wrong but two if the numbers are true ( they are not) then we arnt taking enough precautions.

The fact you just wrote this is just hilarious.

Can't expect much from a kid who's opinions are influenced by their parents to the point where they believe the statistics from the WHO are "fake".