• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have never, ever Blocked/Ignored anyone on any platform or game aside from spammers/bots. But that's because we trust ourselves to handle situations well, including ignoring (without the help of a feature) if it comes to that. We usually can't stand the thought of not knowing all there is to know about whatever's going on. If someone's causing trouble and we don't want to see it, blocking them would just mean everyone who hasn't blocked them will continue to see what we aren't.

We have that same mindset just about everywhere, too. In politics, we don't like the concepts of "parties"/sides, because that just opens up opportunities to not listen to opinions/ideas before you've even considered them. On search engines/etc., we don't like results being censored at all, even if we wouldn't necessarily want to see what was censored anyways. And of course, on the forum, we hate when members get into entirely-private fights and then let their dislike of each other affect their public posts.

In all the above, we heavily prefer all cards be laid out on the table for everyone to see. The benefits almost always outweigh the cons of this approach. Opt-in Safe Search and actually private conversations in private are fine exceptions of course.

But fighting in PM just to be clearly mad at each other in public is hardly a private matter. If they were really "private" affairs then we wouldn't be able to complain about them.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

21 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Not allowing PMs will bite you in the butt. Aside from the obvious problem of no relationships you have here guaranteeing to be one-on-one, if someone has a problem with you they may turn to the staff instead of try and work it out with you privately.

Staff warnings are PMs, regardless of your no PM policy. If you got any future ones, it's on you if you create drama by making it public.

Make sure you aren't getting bitter grapes about this because they said "no private talk".

@Bear is totally allowed to not have 1-on-1 relationships from this internet forum, and further- if someone has a problem with Bear, it can probably be worked out in public because we're big boys and girls. And if it's a really personal beef, then they can just swallow it and if it's so horrible, they can just block/ignore Bear system, and/or Bear can block/ignore them back.

You're allowed to criticize people in public. You're even allowed to ask pretty strong questions in public. You just aren't privileged to a response and the person you're targeting is 100% free to completely ignore you. You're also allowed to ask for help and be denied. You[r system] was fundamentally begging for private guidance and you simply aren't entitled to it, especially not from a specific person. 

I am absolutely sure "no PMs" doesn't mean "If I get a staff warning PM I will post it publicly." 

I have no problems with their standpoint.

Oh, good morning LOTPW. It is Friday. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

6 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I am absolutely sure "no PMs" doesn't mean "If I get a staff warning PM I will post it publicly." 

instead of a "no PMs" policy, I am going to start a "no private warnings policy". if you PM me a warning, I will post it publicly and complain loudly. your move, mods

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

You know, I had just found an exploit that allowed people to do that, and now I have to go edit that post.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

10 minutes ago, Jamie said:

You can ONLY do that if your grievance is in toki poka. 

is this permission by a mod to extensively talk in a language other than english on the forums?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me