[Game] Last one to post wins!

Pleeb

I should give pokemon another try. I was really upset when I made a bunch of progress and lost it, this time I won't have to worry about playing on a train.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 152.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Breloomancer

• TB

• Ice909

• Luminesce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HeartGold and SoulSilver (Gen 4, DS) are often considered the best games in the series, you can have ANY Pokemon following behind you while you play! And you get Johto + Kanto of course, and the Red battle at the end...

Black and White (Gen 5, DS) are more or less the last non-casual Pokemon games in the series, and they also have sequels (Black 2 and White 2) instead of a special version

X and Y (Gen 6, 3DS, not DS) we personally considered the best overall experience in the series for beginners, but it's a little casual, at least the Battle Chateau at the end is fun (can scale up to level 80+)

Sun and Moon (Gen 7, 3DS) were the last good games in the series and have lots of quality of life changes, the plot progression is extremely casual/handhold-y but if you turn XP share off the battles are still very challenging

(Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are more fleshed out and have a post-game Rainbow Rocket chapter that references past games and is super cool! Now tied with HG/SS as our favorite mainline Pokemon game)

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen 6, 3DS) are also an option for people who want new Pokemon game-wise but want to play Gen 3 again, they felt kinda empty to us but at least the new story was cool

Sword and Shield (Gen 8, Switch) are bad, way more expensive for less content, and (yes, and, this is a different point) the first games to not have all Pokemon from the rest of the series, STRONGLY recommend against paying for these, if you want the latest Pokemon experience get Ultra Sun/Moon, highly recommend them!!!

We don't talk about Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu...

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I have Sun and Moon, that was the game I was playing.

I thought Sun and Moon was gen 6 not 7, but that makes more sense to me.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

You can look at the games in each generation here https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation (just the roman numeral and "Core Games" column)

Sun and Moon were fun, but Ultra Sun and Moon were significantly more impressive IMO, especially the Rainbow Rocket chapter which adds a decent amount more gameplay to the story

You can definitely play them back to back (the story is different when you get to the legendary/ultra beast parts, ie the equivalent of like Kyogre/Groudon's stories) if you're willing to spend the money

and honestly with how bad SwSh were, USUM might be the last good Pokemon games we ever get, so if you're desperate for more Pokemon... the Rainbow Rocket chapter is honestly a great finale

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

I'm going to switch in soon, I'll think about it.

I created a thread, but I can't help but feel it's kind of stupid. I was sad that my sci show thread didn't go anywhere, I was proud of that one.

Edit: Now I'm sad no one is posting. It's also quiet on Discord... I pick the worst times of the day to be in a chatty mood.

Edited by Ranger

I'm pretty sure everyone said something uninteresting at some point.

"Blah yada blah" - everyone

S/M and US/UM are the last ok games in the series, but they are probably me least favorite out of all the pre switch games. they are super handholdy, the region is kind of small, and though I appreciate that they were trying new things with the islands, that just made the region feel even smaller. I also appreciate that they were trying to spice up the formula a bit with replacing gym battles, but I don't think that their replacement worked nearly as well as gyms did. also, this is more of a personal gripe, and even at that it is a nitpick, but it really annoys me how vikavolt and golisopod are so weak despite looking so cool. vikavolt is more excusable because it can at least function as a wallbreaker. golisopod is really not good for very much though, it only has ok basestats and it has such a shallow movepool. golisopod is especially annoying because it is "the pokemon that has a really weak first evolution, and then a really cool final evolution", like gyarados and volcarona, except that it's final evolution is still lame. the whole thing annoys me even more because bug types have been getting the short end of the stick for the entirety of pokemon, even though the whole idea of pokemon was based around bug catching. just let golisopod be good!

I don't understand why people don't like OR/AS very much. I never finished playing emerald because the machine I was using to play it broke while I was midway through and now I have given my copy of the game to a friend, but I really liked alpha sapphire. the storyline itself was fine, the region was well designed, there were a lot of cool pokemon to be found, most notably breloom, the delta episode was fun, but what really got it for me was all of the side things that it had: secret bases, pokenav+, soaring and mirage spots, 2 different bikes, and too many other things to list. all of those side things kept me coming back to it again and again and made it the pokemon game that I have spent the most time playing. people complain about the lack of a battle frontier, and yeah, that sucks, especially since they gave us hope that they might do something with it with the "in construction" sign, but there is still a lot of postgame content to be had. it would have also been nice if they had character customization like in X/Y, but I understand why they didn't

honestly, sometimes I wish that I hadn't transferred all of my pokemon from alpha sapphire to ultra sun, so that I could go back to that saveslot with all of my pokemon and keep doing stuff in that game. of course, I can now restart that game and playthrough it from the beginning again, but I put in over 1000 hours on my current saveslot and it would take forever to get back to where I was. it feels like I killed my current saveslot and now it's a ghost

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

agree @ bug types being universally weak being stupid, they "evolve and get stronger early" and that's apparently an excuse for them to just always be bad after level 25

ORAS is weird for us.. the region/map felt very vibrant, bike stuff is fun, and so on - but it's the ONLY Pokemon game we've ever played that we got bored of halfway through and didn't finish (Lumi picked it back up later that year and did finish it though)

somehow, the nice vibrant and interesting map didn't make the game not feel empty for us.. also, we kinda hate battle frontier type stuff, every single time it's just "absolutely stomp every battle until you suddenly get 100% countered and lose, here's 3 points, save up 64 for a single rare candy!"

X&Y felt a lot less empty, even though the map wasn't as memorable, somehow the game just felt more "there"

and there is a strong chance this is all in our head lol

Sun & Moon like I said are extremely handhold-y story-wise, but if you turn off XP share the battles can actually be challenging, ESPECIALLY in Ultra Sun/Moon where the story boss(es) is infamously hard, and then Rainbow Rocket continues scaling levels after the elite 4, and I won't spoil what you fight but let's just say the battles are no joke either

anyways we still recommend ORAS, and we strongly recommend it to people who loved the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, because it's nostalgic as heck, it just felt like none of the map/game had any time to sink in and we went straight through it though

idk what you stand to lose in your ORAS save if you already transferred your pokemon, why not play it again? the map certainly deserves multiple playthroughs, it's very pleasant to be in, and I think some kind of challenge run (dare I say, maybe even a nuzlocke? usually we hate it, but it sounds alright in gen 3) would definitely make us enjoy it more

Edited by Lucilyn
I wrote alwaysbe instead of always be

I'm such a casual baby, I bet I'd probably enjoy Eevee/TheOtherOne. I just want to button mash and pet pokey mans. I always thought White was the best but I wished it had like what SoulSilver had with letting pokemon follow you around. 

Actually, scratch that. Pokemon Ranger was an awesome game. I know it's different but I definitely like that set of mechanics and gameplay better than "real" Pokemon games. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread